Trouble at Boreham Wood

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
BarkingRambo

BBC suggesting the Chairman of Boreham Wood might be about to reduce his investment in the club because of how badly attended the matches are. I thought Daggers attendance was poor at 1,000, they had 406 at the weekend and if you take away season tickets and away fans only 46 people showed up. He might well just be venting a bit and will change his mind but if the club does need to reduce their wage bill then please can we look at Tshimanga

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49395213
Mark

I'm not sure what he expects. He admits himself that 300 season ticket holders failed to come. This is always likely when season tickets are so cheap compared to the extortion prices on a matchday. They must be one of the most expensive clubs in the division for away fans because of this great swindle.

He may have spent a fortune but the ground is a soulless concrete and steel dump, there is no atmosphere around the ground or places for home and away fans to mingle. The home fans seem quite hostile in general which I don't think helps.
Diggerthedog

Wouldn't mind that new home end they have now added at the pondfield end of our ground. When we go there we always out number them but they find a way to fudge the figures.
BarkingRambo

I reckon they just count all season ticket holders regardless of whether they have come or not. Me and the family have wondered if we might be doing something like that at times. There are some matches where what I can see just doesn't add up to what they announce.
rebeldagger

BarkingRambo wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:18 am BBC suggesting the Chairman of Boreham Wood might be about to reduce his investment in the club because of how badly attended the matches are. I thought Daggers attendance was poor at 1,000, they had 406 at the weekend and if you take away season tickets and away fans only 46 people showed up. He might well just be venting a bit and will change his mind but if the club does need to reduce their wage bill then please can we look at Tshimanga

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49395213
This should be top of the list for us if that is indeed the case.
Alan

It shows you the level of financial backing that clubs are getting - perhaps they are not quite the overachievers that many think.

I recall them signing Doe and Howell when they were league 2 players. I think they had Charlie McDonald at that time as well.