9Kandi
10Balanta
Substitutes
3Gordon
12Robinson
14Grant
15Quigley
20Dobson

yeah i go with, except wright shouldn't be starting for me. takes a corner goes out for throw, takes corner two mins later opposite side goes straight for throw again.

the ex watford player starts all day for me, he is not even on the bench must be injured?

mcqueen- against his favourite team, scored 2 against them last year, more of the same please
Dagger83

Scored 4 and beat a fancied team. Taylor in?
There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
Daggerman

I thought Wright had a decent game today, a few stray passes but no more than many others, Brundle still hasn’t convinced me as to why we bought him in!
Ballanta man of the match yes but Phipps was also very good today. We still look as dodgy as a £3 note defending corners.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Two dreadful defences one looked better when the Manager was forced into a change. Wood was woefull how he started ahead of Gordon is beyond my comprehension.
Never been Mcqueens biggest fan but he played very well. Balanta and their four were the best players on the pitch.

For all our problems at the back looked far far better going forward but our more attacking policy got its rewards.

Very disappointed with Harrogate expected much much more and looked a pale of the team I saw last March.

Good result ,just what we needed but still big doubts in my mind about this defence
ARNU

Much better. Better selection except I’d start Gordon at left back. Kandi was immense today and should be a starter over quigley. Our defence ain’t good enough though but as long as we score more than we concede it’ll have to do for now. Balanta easily motm with that hat trick 😂
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Alan

Some terrible defending by both sides. Officials were appalling.

Balanta put in a shift today, was excellent winning the ball back and using it intelligently.
Blackie645

Only a 1,000 there today not good.
Diggerthedog

Funny what happens when you pick a positive line up, Harry Phipps has been sorely missed I have no idea where he has been but to play so well after such a long absence is great to see.

Great result, long may it continue.
RM1Dagger

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:44 pm Two dreadful defences one looked better when the Manager was forced into a change. Wood was woefull how he started ahead of Gordon is beyond my comprehension.
Never been Mcqueens biggest fan but he played very well. Balanta and their four were the best players on the pitch.

For all our problems at the back looked far far better going forward but our more attacking policy got its rewards.

Very disappointed with Harrogate expected much much more and looked a pale of the team I saw last March.

Good result ,just what we needed but still big doubts in my mind about this defence
Wood woeful? I thought he played pretty well for his first outting as did everyone around me (hence his terrific reception when going off)
Now the SE27 Dagger
Sagres

RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:25 pm
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:44 pm Two dreadful defences one looked better when the Manager was forced into a change. Wood was woefull how he started ahead of Gordon is beyond my comprehension.

Wood woeful? I thought he played pretty well for his first outting as did everyone around me (hence his terrific reception when going off)
I think you will find the applause was more for Liam Gordon coming on.
We were still shaky at the back but much better going forward today, let’s see what next week brings.
RM1Dagger

Sagres wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:58 pm
RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:25 pm

I think you will find the applause was more for Liam Gordon coming on.
We were still shaky at the back but much better today let’s see what next week brings.
And I'll think you'll find I was talking about when he was walking around the pitch and out down the tunnel. Notable appreciation from behind the goal.

We had our moments at the back but Harrogate are very decent going forward.
Now the SE27 Dagger
CharlieC

Gordon should be ahead of Wood in the pecking order for sure, but I thought Wood played okay today, had a few shaky moments but wasn’t woeful.

Once we addressed the overload on our left hand side in the second half by taking Luque off and putting McQueen there, we seemed relatively comfortable. He’s come in for a lot of stick but a positive and effective sub to bring Grant on for Luque from Taylor.

We did look poor defensively, but I think we adapted relatively well to their threat as the game went on, which is a positive sign. Hopefully Manny isn’t far away from full fitness as we do miss his presence at the back.

Please please PT stick with the same team (apart from perhaps Gordon in for Wood) for the Eastleigh game, despite us having a game the following Monday. The front four in particular were excellent today, and Phipps was good in the air and made some brilliant tackles.
Auntie Merge

Something very unusual happened today.
From the 58th minute onwards Terry Harris and PT were talking. They had only spoken at one other point prior to this, when our first goal went in. Usually they do not talk at all during home games. PT stands at one end of the dugout with his arms folded, Terry at the other end, with no contact or signals between the two.
Daggerfrom70s

Perhaps they dont agree on the way they are playing?
Dagdale

Well pleased with that considering we went down a goal twice and quite easily could have won it with 6 goals, always rated Harry Phipps when we had that good spell before Xmas last year he was IMO the backbone of the side, and I too am noticing how Will Wright has moved up a gear very well, all in all a good entertaining game to watch and like to say fair play to Harrogate they really kept trying to come back in it till the very end. Just hope this game sets the daggers up well for the two Bank holiday games.