Taylor out !!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2019 5:38 pm The old what manager would you choose, response, it’s not down to us to choose it’s down to the board. Plenty of good managers in this level and who actually have knowledge of it. Watch what Dover do this season under Hess to see what a decent knowledgeable manager can do this season. Boreham Wood manager has proved he can get a side challenging for play offs, let’s go get him.
It’s reasonable to ask who would be wanted instead though.
There isn’t much point in getting rid of the current manger without any option for replacing.

It’s also worth remembering that there were plenty amongst our support that thought Burnett would be a good replacement for Still when they wanted Still out before he left.
stanton101

I said he wasn't the man for the job last season and was lambasted for it. I was told we had no money a young squad blah blah blah all fair comments I suppose.
Well gentlemen, what say you now?
He's been backed by the owners and we ( supposedly) have bolstered our squad. I also stated that this man would waste any money we had, because he is a dinosaur in today's modern game. I hope I'm wrong, I sincerely do. And I'll give him my backing in the mean time, but there really are no excuses this time round. The Yanks need to be here on a regular basis and see for themselves what Taylor is all about.
Daggerman

Firstly it has to be said that Taylor isn’t doing himself any favours with his tactics against Woking but FFS it’s one game!
A few pointed out on another thread that it’s going to be 5 or 6 games before the team starts to gel, and the abusive verbals given to Quigley from the Sieve aren’t going to help are they? Quite a few f#cked up giving the ball away on many occasions, Croll.. Brundel...
Manny.. McQueen and more. Aren’t we supposed to support and encourage?
COYFD
Diggerthedog

Daggerman wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:58 am Firstly it has to be said that Taylor isn’t doing himself any favours with his tactics against Woking but FFS it’s one game!
A few pointed out on another thread that it’s going to be 5 or 6 games before the team starts to gel, and the abusive verbals given to Quigley from the Sieve aren’t going to help are they? Quite a few f#cked up giving the ball away on many occasions, Croll.. Brundel...
COYFD
It takes a few games for the team to gel, ok then tell me why the team that played on saturday did not play together once during pre season? The goals were from errors we saw throughout last season, how long does he need to fix this problem.

The support was good from those relocated from the north stand to the sieve, but it’s near on impossible to create an atmosphere in there. When we have to segregate and teams bring less than 500 I would like to see the whole thing shut and the away side given the Family stand of 200 seats and 300 terrace, otherwise it’s a disadvantage. No reason whatsoever for this not to be implemented.
Daggerman

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:53 am
Daggerman wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:58 am Firstly it has to be said that Taylor isn’t doing himself any favours with his tactics against Woking but FFS it’s one game!
COYFD
It takes a few games for the team to gel, ok then tell me why the team that played on saturday did not play together once during pre season? The goals were from errors we saw throughout last season, how long does he need to fix this problem.

The support was good from those relocated from the north stand to the sieve, but it’s near on impossible to create an atmosphere in there. When we have to segregate and teams bring less than 500 I would like to see the whole thing shut and the away side given the Family stand of 200 seats and 300 terrace, otherwise it’s a disadvantage. No reason whatsoever for this not to be implemented.
Who can really answer why the team on Saturday didn’t play together beforehand? Only Taylor himself, I’m not backing him up at all I’m just pointing out a couple of personal observation and if after 5 or 6 games and no improvement I will be giving a bit more in the way of taylor out! Meanwhile I’m going to support in a positive manor and not give abuse to the team. Just my way of doing things
LondonDagger

COYFD
How about try the 50 games last year too. Goes on a winning run and swaps the team for no reason. Bloke is useless and so is that squad. Get used to us being down that half of the table.

This is why Still is hated so much, because when we needed his expertise on finding gems on a shoe string budget, he f***ed off and left us in a hole. He lied and we end up with Taylor. This is the sad reality of DRFC now.
len

Despite the result on Saturday I was still feeling positive until I read your post. I think now I may have to sell my season ticket on e bay unless there are any takers on this forum.
Mike the Dagger

ARNU wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 5:03 pm What a pile of shit ! And I’m being kind.
Why didn’t grant, luque and Dobson start !!!

Quigley is already the worst player we ever had !! Absolutely fracking useless!!

Sack this manager now while we still got a chance to stay up.

Rubbish !!! Not acceptable !! Bag of shite !!
Nice cast into the right part of the lake, lots of bites. Decent start to the season for ARNU.
ARNU

Someone had to start the thread.

It was terrible though wasn’t it ? Wrong selection, poor tactics( was there any ?)and it exposed defensive weakness and what a rubber Johnny we have up front namely quigley.

Anyway what’s a discussion forum for ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

Great result yesterday, no question... but lets also not ignore the complete ineptitude of Saturday's performance against a far worse team and at Home, first game of the season, with a chance to get the crowd behind the team for the new year ahead...

Performances were poor Saturday no doubt, but can't get past the fact that almost nobody who saw three or more pre-season games would ever have expected that starting XI from Saturday.
Daggerfrom70s

Don't know how anyone could guess what the team would be as it was churned in most if not all of the preseason games. Surely you play at least one or two games with your strongest choices so they at least get used to each other considering the amount of new players that were signed. Reminded me of the old England friendlies where half the team was changed at half time !!
Diggerthedog

The bump didn’t take long, Man is an embarrassment to this football club. Take criticism and walk down the tunnel, don’t argue with people who have spent their hard earned money to watch you take off an attacking right back who just set up the best chance for your main striker to miss a sitter.

The man thinks he is much bigger than us and the sooner we get rid the better.
HGDagger

His tactics and decision making are the exact reason why Daggers won't progress this season.

Taylor Out!
Pondfield Dagger

unlucky dagenham so unblessed second half unreal, even halifax manager said we deserved something, we penned them in second half.. bit of a bogey ground, 9 games no wins.
Last edited by Pondfield Dagger on Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NBDag

Has anyone got the slightest idea about why he isn’t playing Gordon?