Who would you like to see at Dagenham next season?

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

With the summer transfer merry go around just around the corner now, There are no doubt going to be lot comings and going’s within in the club, there are a few threads on here about who we would like to keep for next year and also release from the club but I’d also be curious who any of you would like the club to REALISTICALLY bring in to help our play off charge next season...

Il start off with a few,

Obviously if we can’t hold on to Elliot Justham and he deservedly gets an opportunity to move into the football league then I’m a big fan of Nathan Ashmore from ebbsfleet, who was the best keeper in the league last season when they made the playoffs, always seems to have blinder whenever I have seen him play, is great with the ball as his feet and throw into the mix the money troubles The Fleet are having, I think we could have a chance of getting him.

Another player I like is Liam Noble of Hartlepool, captain and central midfielder, always been impressed with him when he has played against us & he has been there and done the promotion thing before with forest green when he captained them through the play offs a few seasons a go, He is Hartlepool’s top scorer this season, no mean feat considering his a central midfielder and more importantly is a Penalty King so could teach our boys a thing or two from 12 yards..

These probably won’t happen but just players I’d be keen on...

Anybody got any others ???
daggerChris

I think ashmore would be a brilliant replacement if justham does leave which i think he will.

I like chris bush at ebbsfleet capable of playing left back or centre back.

All then depends on who we keep and who is available. We need to strengthen in midfield and also need defensive signings with manny and goodliffe going back from loans.

Whatever happens it should be a big summer for the club after the one we just have its nice to have a club to support and given the owners statement a club that they are looking to progress on and off the pitch in the right way
ARNU

Jermaine Hilton was very busy for Solihull yesterday.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
EssexDagger!

ARNU wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:34 pm Jermaine Hilton was very busy for Solihull yesterday.
Could well be playing in League 2 next season Arnu, if Solihull can do the unthinkable at Wembley,

Agree though, he was a thorn in the side all game
Mark

I don't fancy Ashmore tbh. He's made quite a few errors recently, and seems to be a little thin skinned for life as a footballer.

Noble I get the feeling only plays for Pools because it suits him geographically. He's a very good player still.

I've not seen a huge number of players at this level this season that wow me. If a squad containing Brill Harrold and Widdowson can win this league then it strikes me that the overall standard is quite weak. Especially as every side seem to be pretty beatable even for strugglers like ourselves.

Maybe Orient themselves will let some go as they move up, Alabi is a decent squad player and Ling was well liked here.
Alan

300 additional home supporters.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Anybody who can take a sodding Penalty.

If we really are serious about a Promotion bid we can not allow points that have been lost over the past two years for failing to put the ball away from the spot. We could have had 7 extra points this year which would, have made us finish a lot higher and perhaps given the Manager a bit more creditability.
Mark

Am I right in thinking the penalty rule changes next season to not allow rebounds? We'll be even worse!
Daggerman

I’d sit on the bench next season and come on to take penalties! FFS a professional player shouldn’t have a problem finding the feckin net!,
Sagres

Craig Mackail-Smith currently playing for Notts County on loan from Wycombe.
Dagdale

I'd like to see 'King Louis' Dennis return, especially as one he's not getting a fair chance to ride in well with Pompey, two he was an up and coming youngster with us and only managed less than about 10 games and from what I saw a number of times playing for Bromley in their good trophy run last season he was simply awesome and really seemed to be 'the player to turn a game'.
Bluenose

Alan Dunne of Bromley came on at half time when we were 2 up and rescued their defence pretty well. Yes, he' s as old as the hills and could start a fight in an empty room, but he's the sort of player who gets the crowd going and is the kind of get-stuck-in personality our young team needs.
LondonDagger

I have heard that Ashmore and Kedwell have signed for Dover? May be no truth in this however but seems a strong rumour.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sagres wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:05 pm Craig Mackail-Smith currently playing for Notts County on loan from Wycombe.
Touched on that in Curo post. Still got it according to some Crawley fans who reckon he was best player on.pitch last monday.
Workrate is still as good as ever .

Probably to expensive wages wise but him Balanta and Wilko would be a formidable strike force at this level.
EssexDagger!

LondonDagger wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:32 pm I have heard that Ashmore and Kedwell have signed for Dover? May be no truth in this however but seems a strong rumour.

Dover will have a good season next year in my opinion, even better if true about those 2 additions....
Dover were rock bottom earlier in season when Andy Hessenthaler took over from Chris Kinnear & looked dead and buried, but finished in 14th spot after the weekends final games.