Halifax

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mike the Dagger

Clark in for Pennell. Are we going 3 at the back??

Hmmmm!
daggersjeff

Pennell injured?
Not on bench
DevonDagger

A draw is not the most horrific result in the world but the disappointing thing is obviously the manor of it.

The subs were too late, and I'm sure some will have a pop at Taylor for that, but nobody would bat any eye lid at that had we not criminally conceded from a corner against a team whose chances were pretty much only going to come from set pieces.

It is annoying because we proved to ourselves what can happen with a single goal lead at Hartlepool. We didn't trouble their keeper much. Halifax didn't trouble Justham and yet we still almost seemed content with just a goal lead. We made a seemingly attacking substitution at half time but it didn't have the desired effect.

Ref sounded pretty inept in general but no excuses can be made here. I don't know if it was just a poor second half performance or they took their foot off the gas. Must do better and even though results have been superb lately, we haven't often played like a team on a sensational winning run - perhaps this is the wake up call that was required.

Salford dropped points today, hopefully we will play them at a good time after the cup game.
Adrian

Both teams should be deducted the point from todays game. It was poor. We deserved absolutely nothing from it.

Kosylo of Halifax should be facing a retrospective ban for simulation after his pathetic dive to get Nunny sent off. If we ever face him again I'd be happy to see Nunn get himself sent off breaking the cheats legs.
The club must report the dive to the FA.

The match officials should not be allowed near a football pitch for a long time. The ref set the tone by awarding a free kick in the first minute when their player fell over his own feet. He then let their players run the game for him in the second half.
He probably got their sending off correct but it ends up not being a hard one to do.
ARNU

Probably about right really. We had a nice bit of luck last week, we're still creating chances , we'd have lost that game earlier in the season. Shame about Numn going off.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RM1Dagger

We should have won. Period. Paid for not scoring second. Ref had a shocker.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Alan

Nunn caught him for the second yellow, It happened a few yards from me.

Frustrating game, neither side created much. Don’t know why we didn’t leave someone out for corners when playing 10 men.

Hopefully Robinson will be ok, he was hobbling about. It would be nice to see Bellamy and Smith fit soon.
Adrian

Alan wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:42 pm Nunn caught him for the second yellow, It happened a few yards from me.

Frustrating game, neither side created much. Don’t know why we didn’t leave someone out for corners when playing 10 men.

Hopefully Robinson will be ok, he was hobbling about. It would be nice to see Bellamy and Smith fit soon.
It was also a few yards from me - Nunn pulled out of making any challenge.
Kosylo threw himself up in the air. It was a clear dive.
The first booking for Nunn wasn't a foul by him either, Kosylo deliberately ran into the back of him.
Mark

The second one looked like it may have been a foul but the first one was a joke. If we're giving out yellows for those innocuous situations then we might as well ban tackling.
RM1Dagger

The ref was dying to even it up, I'm just surprised it took so long..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Adrian

Mark wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:16 pm The second one looked like it may have been a foul but the first one was a joke. If we're giving out yellows for those innocuous situations then we might as well ban tackling.
He wasn't going to book him for the second one then realised he could even the numbers.
Kosylo should have already gone for the card wave to get Robinson booked.

Even if it was a foul, it's never a booking.
Mark

Kosylo is always the same. I know you can only referee the game as you see it but surely his reputation is well known. He's a cheat and incredibly unsporting. He needs dealing with.
Diggerthedog

Kosylo was the best player on the pitch by a mile, so he dived a bit everyone does it Nunn was stupid for getting involved. We lost because yet again we played players out of position, Clark is not a left back and Munns is not a winger.
rebeldagger

The ref was truly shocking, he lost control of the game and let it spill out into disarray, which ultimatly led to what we saw in the pitch, petulant behaviour from the visitors.

Although we were at fault for their goal, and most of us in the sieve could see it coming from the way we defended that corner, we could have won that game and came ever so close to clinching a 2-1 win at the end.

Yet a point is a point, and at the start of the season this is type of game we would have lost.

COYD!
Sagres

Adeloye should have scored & won the match in the 90th min again but shot over the bar.