All this Bollox.....

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

All this bollox about what Wayne should do......

Wayne Burnett owes us nothing.He had a contract for 2 years and is seeing it out in a professional manner.Unlike Johny Judas who ****** off and left us in the shit.Equally the club owe him nothing assuming hes been paid all thats owed to him.Its a job.I think the club should act quickly as and when the time is right to either offer him a new contract or set about sorting out his replacement.If his remit was to keep us in lg2 and finish no higher or lower than 22nd then he has done it,overachieved in fact and fair play to him.This is a mutually beneficial transaction.Whatever you/we think of him he did the job he was payed and contracted to do.Wayne can remain tight lipped about his intentions till the last day of his contract if he wants,that is his prerogative.In the interests of professionalism Id suggest it would be courteous of the board and Wayne to outline their intentions to eachother before then,Im sure he has to give notice like you or I would if we were leaving our job.

Don't get me wrong....a lot of this season has been dire and hard to watch and Waynes learning curve has been difficult for him and us but its all about scores on the doors at the end of the day and if we finish where we are now (15th) we'd have taken that at the seasons start and I see no reason to look elsewhere for another manager.

I think he is well worth another contract and maybe the bar should be set a bit higher this time as Im sure will his wages.

Im totally sure any new manager will be tasked with finishing 22nd too,so I don't think its the end of the world if WB moves on but if he can keep his team together with a few additions we might have a better chance next season than if we bought in a newbie.
Last edited by ARNU on Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
DI Mike Dashwood

It should be sorted, and if he is not signing a deal, as now seems to be the case, and the Club want to get these contracts/squad sorted then they should give him a cut off time and then if he has not signed pay him off for the last few weeks of the contract (that won't cost much now) so someone else can be bought in.

The interviews with JC are very telling and show the Club need to make a decision ASAP.
ARNU

DI Mike Dashwood wrote:It should be sorted, and if he is not signing a deal, as now seems to be the case, and the Club want to get these contracts/squad sorted then they should give him a cut off time and then if he has not signed pay him off for the last few weeks of the contract (that won't cost much now) so someone else can be bought in.

The interviews with JC are very telling and show the Club need to make a decision ASAP.

I agree it needs to be dealt with quickly but a few more weeks wont hurt.My point is you cannot blame Wayne Burnett or sack him cos he wont say just yet.For all we know Dave the plumber might have someone else lined up,Wayne might be shitting his pants he's out of a job.

If it all turns to shit its the clubs fault not Burnett.They agreed the contracts and when they'd run out.2 months ago we all wanted a total clearout bar about 3 players.
stanton101

It's really not fair on the fans for this to be dragging on like this, we've endured some shit this season and deserve to know what the ****** is going on. As I said on a previous post, when your best player has to publicly state he wants to stay then something is very wrong. These contracts need sorting, quickly.
Diggerthedog

Players would have normally agreed contract extensions around the turn of the new year but back then we were favourites for the drop and there was no risk taken on agreeing any extensions. As it stands Id imagine we would now offer him a new deal along with several players now we are safe, signing them is another story.
Adrian

ARNU wrote:
DI Mike Dashwood wrote:It should be sorted, and if he is not signing a deal, as now seems to be the case, and the Club want to get these contracts/squad sorted then they should give him a cut off time and then if he has not signed pay him off for the last few weeks of the contract (that won't cost much now) so someone else can be bought in.

I agree it needs to be dealt with quickly but a few more weeks wont hurt.My point is you cannot blame Wayne Burnett or sack him cos he wont say just yet.For all we know Dave the plumber might have someone else lined up,Wayne might be shitting his pants he's out of a job.

If it all turns to shit its the clubs fault not Burnett.They agreed the contracts and when they'd run out.2 months ago we all wanted a total clearout bar about 3 players.
The manager has a say in how long players contracts are. Burnett didnt appear to try and get contract extensions sorted early last season and doesn't seem to be doing that this season either.
Lcbdagger

I would be quite happy to see the manager stay now, especially if it leads the hand to keep the likes of JC...

From his own perpsective though, I can't possibly see what motivation the manager has to stay... if he gets us anywhere near 10th or 11th in the league come May, following where we finished last year his stock will be at a relative high for other jobs... he can't honestly expect us to be even higher next season so almost certainly if he stays again he would have reduced options to move on in 2016 as he is likely to then be managing a bottom half League Two team trying to escape relegation again (if the budget cuts/ squd size cuts next season have any truth to them).
dagger4eva

Surely no-one actually believes the club is yet to act (i.e offer WB a contract) - anyone that does needs to wake up n smell the coffee.

As it happens I dont blame Wayne for not wanting to commit just yet. He, im certain is wanting to see the season out by finishing on the highest note possible before entering into negotiations.

Lets not have short memories that 90% at a guess (myself included) wanted him gone just 3 odd months ago. Bit hypocritical for anyone that did to now be having a go at the bloke at not immediately jumping at the 1st opportunity to stay, for longer.

These things will be sorted in good time, they always are... so relax
ARNU

stanton101 wrote:It's really not fair on the fans for this to be dragging on like this, we've endured some shit this season and deserve to know what the ****** is going on. As I said on a previous post, when your best player has to publicly state he wants to stay then something is very wrong. These contracts need sorting, quickly.
Its hardly been dragging on.We wanted Burnett and most of the team to bugger off 2 months ago don't forget.Aint being funny but ****** the fans including me.Its a business at the end of the day.Weve got 3 or 4 decent players and the rest are replaceable.We offload 75 % of our squad every year.How many left from last season ?? I'll tell you.....8...........4 of which cant get in the team.All the rest are loans and new ones Burnett bought in.

Now where you have a point is obviously we have to make our minds up on renewing not knowing whos gonna still be here.Simples.....Don't renew until you know or gamble with the early bird.
Pondfield Dagger

so to sum up we could be without all of our starting 11 and manager next season....bad times...
PaulHornchurch

I wouldn't be surprised if you hear something next Wednesday.
Mike the Dagger

100% correct.

It doesn't hurt to set a deadline for a decision one way or the other.
Lcbdagger

Investing to see which of the players, if any are making their own decision based on the manager situation? Just hoping there isn't a mass movement to Luton
daggersjeff

Talking of Johnny Judas, I was talking to a couple of Luton season ticket holders on Sunday who think he's shite!!!

Quelle surprise!!!
Dagger In The Heart

What puzzles me over a potential mass exodus to Luton, not that I think it'll actually happen, should those mentioned leave I imagine for higher pastures rather than another L2 side. If that set of players scrapped 22nd on goal difference largely under Judas, how does he possibly imagine they'll be any better should he setup effectively the same side somewhere else??