American College Gridiron Football

This area for you to discuss any other topics
McLeansvilleAppFan

I made mention of some of the American sports I follow before and in particular my college gridiron (American) football team, Appalachian State Mountaineers. Anyway we played and beat a team that should have wiped the floor with us. It would be comparable to the Daggers beating, and beating soundly, an upper League 2 team or so. Not impossible but clearly an upset.

It got the attention of ESPN, which I think is carried in some fashion in other countries. If you have that channel then Saturday morning from 10 am to 2 pm(eastern US time) so (500 to 1700 BST will spotlight the university with the mothership of American College Football with College GameDay. You will get a chance to see beautiful Boone, North Carolina. Our game may be on one of the ESPN networks that would be accessible in other countries.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan

My team won on a last second hail mary 53 yard pass as time expired. For those that follow gridiron football it might be worth finding on ESPN.

I'll save some time and provide a link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXQ9g7rW0s4

I admit to rushing the field but I don't think I was the only 53 year to do that.

The real reason for the post, was to comment on the flag that the US flag was at half-mast in honor of the passing of the Queen, and one student, possibly an international student, had a Union Jack flag with the portrait of the Queen flying in the student section beside a US flag and a flag for North Carolina and a flag for the school. For those that care about those sorts of gestures I thought you might appreciate it.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.