ULTIMATE TAMPLIN / ALL THINGS BILLERICAY THREAD

Discuss matters to do with anything football related
Diggerthedog

Feel sorry for the real Billericay fans, not the 800 glory boys. Hope they get out of what could be a proper mess if pulls the plug.
Diggerthedog

Blaming fans as an excuse for pulling out sounds very familiar.
HGDagger

Tampon is a complete disgrace and his last straw just proves it. All I can say is not matter how bad things may be for us at the moment, at least we never let that pillock take over our club
NBDag

He’ll be back tomorrow
Lcbdagger

Don't look like you've been doing exactly what you're accused of having been doing on a number of video interviews straight after the game in that case :huh:
SUSSEX DAGGER

Feel sorry for the bloke, if only he had stayed friends here our Board could have advised him how to create smokescreens.

Say that the police were tipped off by email.

Say that you are pissed off with 0.01% of the fans.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Check out @BTFC’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/BTFC/status/1036343 ... 90400?s=09

Post edited by admin for legal reasons.
Dagger42

He will change his mind and say the fans and players begged him to stay. Despite what has happened at Dagenham glad this guy did not take over.
Voice of reason

Dagger42 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:00 pm He will change his mind and say the fans and players begged him to stay. Despite what has happened at Dagenham glad this guy did not take over.
I suspect there are developments to come before his time at Billericay ends
It's unlikely to be pretty
Auntie Merge

I may not like the man but if he does have a problem, I hope he gets the help he needs, for the sake of his family and children.

I’d much rather hear that than the other alternative.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Altho there will be obvious sympathy to the fans caught up in this mess they cant say they were not warned.

Just glad some of our fans saw through it and the " Recomendation" of our Board was not acted upon.

Given their past record of picking duds a bit more,information about the latest potential buyers will be forthcoming,or do they plan to keep it quiet until they deal is signed at which point there will be no going back.
Mike the Dagger

Tamplin would never have had full control of the football club. We would have had his money (which he has invested lots of) and when he threw a tantrum and stormed off, said thanks a lot.

Personally, I find it all a bit sad. He obviously needs help, hope he gets it.

Still find it odd that people are so self congratulatory about "stopping" Tamplin getting a minority stake in the Daggers (which they didn't, it was the board and his fellow consortium members that pulled out of the deal), when they were happy to see Hopkin take a majority stake and then ****** us over.

As for the board consulting with the fans over who is buying in, half the people moaning aren't even season ticket holders any more, and don't attend home matches.
Voice of reason

Mike the Dagger wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:08 pm Tamplin would never have had full control of the football club. We would have had his money (which he has invested lots of) and when he threw a tantrum and stormed off, said thanks a lot.

Personally, I find it all a bit sad. He obviously needs help, hope he gets it.

Still find it odd that people are so self congratulatory about "stopping" Tamplin getting a minority stake in the Daggers (which they didn't, it was the board and his fellow consortium members that pulled out of the deal), when they were happy to see Hopkin take a majority stake and then **** us over.

As for the board consulting with the fans over who is buying in, half the people moaning aren't even season ticket holders any more, and don't attend home matches.
Tbh Mike I take no pleasure in it
Both BTFC and Daggers are in a precarious position now
Both due to living beyond their means based on broken promises
My worry with GT was always about the source of his cash and his reasoning behind buying a football club
GH by contrast was a businessman with apparently no skeletons in the cupboard
But the result has been the same, walking away and leaving us in the lurch
I have bought a ST this year btw
SUSSEX DAGGER

Bang on VOR.

Never been to the fans forum but that one were the Mr Tamplin deal was being discussed there was a recording going on Facebook.

To my recollection it was the board that pulled the deal because they were confident they could not muster the numbers amongst the full Members.

The Board stated if my memories serve me right that the consortium were happy to carry on.

Its not rocket science or the need to be mystic Meg to work out they probably knew that they could buy the shares needed to get control at a later date but their first desire was to get a foot hold.

The GH affair was done through need you would imagine or how else was we going to give Mr Tamplib his money back.
The mess with Mr Hopkins was as a direct result consequence of our dealings with Mr Tamplin in the first instance.

I did not buy a season ticket as i thought i would pay game by game and thus give the Club more money over the course of the season.

Just because we did not buy a season ticket dont mean that we dont care.

On Saturday because of Personal reasons I can't travel by train to Barrow so on Friday night i am starting a 700 mile round trip because I am off work and my lovee for this Club is still so great that is the only way i can get there without sacraficeing my principles.

Trouble is this saga,has taken so many twist and turns that there is a risk that People cant remember seeing the woods,from the trees