Interest in Burnett

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerSince92

Think the main worry for us Daggers now is keeping hold of Wayne. With a tremendous win over Bury bigger clubs are bound to come calling. Let's be honest, the way you's on here have treated him I wouldn't blame him for moving on.
PaulHornchurch

From what we hear from Wayne himself, and the board of directors, as long as Wayne keeps the club in the League, brings in and sells on players, he has a job as long as he wants it.

More money may well be on offer at other clubs, but along with that comes expectation and success. If it doesn't work out, football management can be a difficult job to get into again.

Flitcroft is well thought off, the boos and abuse that came his way yesterday after a substitution and final whistle say he may not be there much longer.

WB may well prefer less money but a constant job for now. He is still young in manager terms
Mark

Now he's finally admitted his summer dealings were dire by bringing in 4 players and also admitted his tactics weren't working perhaps he might do a decent job. As you say he is young and perhaps the penny has dropped that arrogance can't get in the way of making changes.
Lcbdagger

Mark wrote:Now he's finally admitted his summer dealings were dire by bringing in 4 players and also admitted his tactics weren't working perhaps he might do a decent job. As you say he is young and perhaps the penny has dropped that arrogance can't get in the way of making changes.
Absolutely agree... everyone is pleased we are doing well but it's like we expect to forget the first half of the season with the tactics, substitutions, formations, interviews after the games... the squad we have, with at least one genuine goalscorer (possibly two or three now with Rhys coming back and Yussuf having found his feet) should not be in the bottom three or four, let alone worrying about going down.
Adrian

I'm shocked that this thread is getting serious responses.
Dagger Steve

DaggerSince92 wrote:Think the main worry for us Daggers now is keeping hold of Wayne. With a tremendous win over Bury bigger clubs are bound to come calling. Let's be honest, the way you's on here have treated him I wouldn't blame him for moving on.
Would'nt surprised if he has been snapped up before the Tranmere game.

#sorrywayne
hockley dagger

Bet all you haters would love him going
Lcbdagger

hockley dagger wrote:Bet all you haters would love him going
Ignore my ignorance, but isn't that the main point of the 'haters' tag?
DaggerSince92

Adrian wrote:I'm shocked that this thread is getting serious responses.
I'm shocked your posts get any serious responses.
leewilson

DaggerSince92 wrote:
You just gave him a serious response.
Adrian

DaggerSince92 wrote:
That makes two of us.
Chigwellian

Two wins doesn't make a season

Two swallows doesn't make a summer

Get my drift?

Wayne out....
bloke down the pub

DaggerSince92 wrote:Think the main worry for us Daggers now is keeping hold of Wayne. With a tremendous win over Bury bigger clubs are bound to come calling. Let's be honest, the way you's on here have treated him I wouldn't blame him for moving on.

Please God let this be true.
ARNU

So apart from the 4 teams below us,do you really think there is a big queue to sign the manager of 20th placed D&R of league 2 now he's gone on a run of 2 consecutive wins ??

I don't think he could buy a job anywhere else in the league at this moment.

Now I hope 1 day after hes got us promoted he gets those opportunities but his cv is particularly crap at the moment and hes a total plum in any interview he does.He has to do the apprenticeship before he can go play with the big boys.

Go on,indulge me....what club in its right mind is gonna head hunt Wayne right now ?? Dagenham don't count as we've already got him.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Take my word Wayne will turn out a really good manager, every coach out there makes or drops a clanger here and there its always going at this level to be a bit experimental and a learning process, I love his determination to put it right and he will succeed and hopefully with the D & R.