Brilliant win..and a clean sheet to boot!

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Was not me who said he did not have a clue and was anti ally inept.

Was not me who said he had lost the dressing room

It was not me who said he had lost the fans. Everybody was present and correct yesterday those who have at least formed an opinion on Wayne by watching all the games and not half of them.

However it was me that said it would come right.
No one said you said those things. But that doesn't mean you didn't say plenty of bollocks as well.

Crowing after two wins sums it all up.
leewilson

Yeah I'm actually with Adrian here Chris.

I want Wayne to do as well as you do and I'll back him like you've done. However, I think going mad after two wins is just as bad as going mad after two defeats. Level heads are what is required. He's done well to halt a sinking ship but that doesn't mean it can't yet capsize.

There will be tougher tests. We've just played the team with the worst defensive record in the league and a side who are undergoing their worst form patch of the season. We still have to win the games but dare I say we've had a touch of luck here and there, especially Saturday as they should have been 1 or 2 up before we got our first. At the moment, Wayne's taken a brave punt on a formation that has worked and fair play to him for that. Would he have tried the 3-5-2 had his job not been on the line though? Also, there will come a time where the 3-5-2 doesn't click or we have the dilemma of fitting somebody like Hines in the side? Then, we will see what Wayne Burnett is truly made of.

First though, we have the Christmas period growing ever closer. Now for the last few years, we've been absolutely shocking for the 2-3 games in quick succession. A good little run this year and a few quick victories to shoot us up the table would benefit everyone. We have two of our hardest away days coming up (Plymouth, Southend) so the home games against Tranmere and Stevenage are very big. The next two weeks are very important in terms of preparation. Sounds silly but I hope we don't lose a touch of match sharpness. I have a bad feeling about Tranmere. I feel they may be turning a corner and I'm not sure we're playing them at a good time. It has 1-0 away win all over it. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.
Dagdale

Last dagger back and what a good result, attach that defensive display along with the Carlisle match and I'd say in the two match guide Wayne and coaching staff have definitely filled our biggest weakness, I'd tell you Bury threw everything at our goalmouth, beats me how they never scored, especially about 10 minutes or so from end and that guy somehow banged it over our crossbar from what 5 yards away from Mark C? maybe our team at last carried a bit of luck, but credit to our side locking down so well and taking the breaks to bang in two good goals, you could see at the final whistle what this meant to them, especially Doey bracing our end. Even the two new subs gave a pretty decent second half debut performance, its looking good now and just hope we can keep this up and build up confidence and believe in our team.
bloke down the pub

I dont think WB & Co have a say in it, the players are doing it to save face.
SUSSEX DAGGER

leewilson wrote:Yeah I'm actually with Adrian here Chris.

I want Wayne to do as well as you do and I'll back him like you've done. However, I think going mad after two wins is just as bad as going mad after two defeats. Level heads are what is required. He's done well to halt a sinking ship but that doesn't mean it can't yet capsize.

There will be tougher tests. We've just played the team with the worst defensive record in the league and a side who are undergoing their worst form patch of the season. We still have to win the games but dare I say we've had a touch of luck here and there, especially Saturday as they should have been 1 or 2 up before we got our first. At the moment, Wayne's taken a brave punt on a formation that has worked and fair play to him for that. Would he have tried the 3-5-2 had his job not been on the line though? Also, there will come a time where the 3-5-2 doesn't click or we have the dilemma of fitting somebody like Hines in the side? Then, we will see what Wayne Burnett is truly made of.

First though, we have the Christmas period growing ever closer. Now for the last few years, we've been absolutely shocking for the 2-3 games in quick succession. A good little run this year and a few quick victories to shoot us up the table would benefit everyone. We have two of our hardest away days coming up (Plymouth, Southend) so the home games against Tranmere and Stevenage are very big. The next two weeks are very important in terms of preparation. Sounds silly but I hope we don't lose a touch of match sharpness. I have a bad feeling about Tranmere. I feel they may be turning a corner and I'm not sure we're playing them at a good time. It has 1-0 away win all over it. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.
Think you know me Lee to know to take with a pinch of salt most of what I say and don't take me to seriously.

As one of the lost sheep ( The Wayne Out Brigade ) said Saturday, one Swallow does not make a Summer. To which I replied true but it helps you towards your next pint.

That said he was last seen enthusiastically applauding the team on what was a very very brave battling performance. As Waynes self appointed Shepard I have ever confidence of returning him to the flock very soon.

By the way it was good to see most if not all those who ventured their anger after Southport all there Saturday. Remember the Manager has lost the Supporters as well as the team according to some.

Once again the Support was fantastic and it was good to see a number of those who have a difference of opinion to me unite for the 95 minutes and fully get behind the team. There was times during Saturdays game when we were looking to be over run, but the encouragement and vocal support never waned.

Liked what Flitcroft had to say afterwards " Dagenham threw their bodies on the line" not bad from a team that is supposed to have lost confidence in the Manager.

Left Gigg Lane Saturday full of hope and although you rightly point out we have a couple of what look be very hard tasks coming up on the road our game plan in such games is always enhanced when teams we play try to win and not look to get beat.

Bury are a very good team in my opinion and you can see why they made such a good start and we certainly played them at the right time. Like we had they are in a bad run at the moment but I am sure from what I saw Saturday they will be at least play off at the seasons end.