Jodi Jones

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NickMurphy

Seems to be a lot of hype around him following the ESC game, if not from the supporters then from the club itself. Trained with the first team today and Currie praised him in an interview.

Next one to make the step up? And those who went, do you think he'd be ready at all?
matt_drfc

I really do think he's the next one to step up, but I believe he's only a 1st year scholar, so he has another year of U18's football then he would come into our first team, if he followed in the tracks of Connors and Nouble for example. Physically he could do with toughening up but that's like all youth players, he appears to have all the technical qualities already to be a very good footballer. I'd hope that we just continue to develop him in the youth team, ESC and development games and then out on loan before throwing him in at the deep end for league games. He weren't afraid to get on the ball on Monday and went past players with ease at times, took a little while to get into the game but his confidence just grew after he scored. Keep an eye out for him and just hope a bigger club don't come along and snatch him from us.
ARNU

Don't want to piss on any ones fireworks here but we were playing Waltham Abbey not quality opposition like Southport !
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
lupins

You find so many ways to depress me

Do you by any chance drink in The Optimist in Hornchurch
SUSSEX DAGGER

lupins wrote:You find so many ways to depress me

We'll if when you hear of the latest loan signing I am hearing about you will be drinking in the last chance Saloon
ARNU

lupins wrote:You find so many ways to depress me

My brother does actually.Only just Hornchurch,a few feet further and it'd be in Upminster.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
matt_drfc

Well, he's been given a squad number and is travelling with the first team to Bury... http://www.daggers.co.uk/news/article/j ... 08233.aspx
DaggerJoel11

Where the ESC comes in handy, like with Connors, Goldberg, Shields and maybe Curtis Pykes. It really gives players like Jones the chance to blossom and, given another year, he really could progress like Goldberg. :D
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

DaggerJoel11 wrote:Where the ESC comes in handy, like with Connors, Goldberg, Shields and maybe Curtis Pykes. It really gives players like Jones the chance to blossom and, given another year, he really could progress like Goldberg. :D
Is Pykes still with us?
DaggerJoel11

Last I heard yet he hasn't featured in pre-season or ESC so far.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
matt_drfc

He's not, released him at the end of last season..
its all good

Last edited by its all good on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dagger4eva

Thanks for the update Mr Jones Snr .....

:lol:
its all good

Last edited by its all good on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
matt_drfc

Mrs Jones???