Southport Replay

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Given how shite we've been does anyone think that the club should pay for the coach travel upto Southport for the replay for those mad enough to even be thinking of going ?? A sort of recognition of what the real die hards do for this club.£30 which given the distance is more than reasonable but c'mon Dagenham,your leaking fans and enthusiasm,how bout a freebie ??
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Chigwellian

Last time there was a free coach was against Bath City in the cup a few years ago...

Not sure whether it was the supporters club or the club who arranged that.

I would think it was the supporters club, as I cant imagine the weasle would have the foresight to arrange that :o
bloke down the pub

Why do our fans always want something for nothing.
Lcbdagger

In all fairness, you could offer it for free but it isn't going to convince many to come... would have to leave by about middya I imagine, on a Tuesday for a game we all need to win and expect (in reality) very little from
SUSSEX DAGGER

As Johnny Judas once told a good friend of mine after a dismal showing at Yotk,don't go of you don't Like it.

He left here a hero despite an attitude like that or so it seemed the way the majority of our fans blew smoke up his arse a few weeks back whilst the poor bloke who is in the middle of a run that was nowhere near as bad as the one we endured under him came in for all sorts if abuse.

A couple of days in the posh part of Scouseland can't be all that bad,let's face it we have endured worse.
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:As Johnny Judas once told a good friend of mine after a dismal showing at Yotk,don't go of you don't Like it.

He left here a hero despite an attitude like that or so it seemed the way the majority of our fans blew smoke up his arse a few weeks back whilst the poor bloke who is in the middle of a run that was nowhere near as bad as the one we endured under him came in for all sorts if abuse.

A couple of days in the posh part of Scouseland can't be all that bad,let's face it we have endured worse.
John Still is a legend at Dagenham & Redbridge because he achieved a huge amount at the club over a long time.

The only thing Burnett has achieved is managing to sit down despite your nose being firmly wedged in his backside.
Chigwellian

Adrian wrote:
SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:As Johnny Judas once told a good friend of mine after a dismal showing at Yotk,don't go of you don't Like it.

John Still is a legend at Dagenham & Redbridge because he achieved a huge amount at the club over a long time.

The only thing Burnett has achieved is managing to sit down despite your nose being firmly wedged in his backside.
Hahaha.... all true
ARNU

Lcbdagger wrote:In all fairness, you could offer it for free but it isn't going to convince many to come... would have to leave by about middya I imagine, on a Tuesday for a game we all need to win and expect (in reality) very little from

EXACTLY.Its the gesture.For the 50 or so that might go it would be nice.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Chigwellian wrote:
Adrian wrote:

Hahaha.... all true
And so ends the 13th commandment according to St Adrian.

Thy shall only ever worship one God.

He is right tho my nose is well and truly stuck , just like it is with the Goalkeeper and every other Player who pulls on a Daggers shirt, it's commonly known as showing support . You want to try it sometime.

One day when you contrive to get your head out your own arse you might well ask who first employed Wayne Burnett? Who wanted him to jump Ship to Luton with him and who went on record saying that he deserved his chance and was the right man for the job ?
Adrian

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: And so ends the 13th commandment according to St Adrian.

Thy shall only ever worship one God.

He is right tho my nose is well and truly stuck , just like it is with the Goalkeeper and every other Player who pulls on a Daggers shirt, it's commonly known as showing support . You want to try it sometime.

One day when you contrive to get your head out your own arse you might well ask who first employed Wayne Burnett? Who wanted him to jump Ship to Luton with him and who went on record saying that he deserved his chance and was the right man for the job ?
I do show support to Burnett. Well I think I do, because apparently you support everyone that pulls on a Daggers shirt, which would include the likes of Damian Batt and Liam O'Brien. Oh bugger, you keep slagging them off don't you?

John Still employed Burnett and wanted him to take him to Luton. In both cases it was in a different position to that which Burnett is currently occupying. He did deserve a chance and he's had it. .

Perhaps if you could get over your hurt about Still leaving, you might manage to have a look at his achievements and understand that some people aren't like you and can offset the way he left against much great achievements and still see him as a legend.
ARNU

Adrian is right for once....Still will go down as a legend and the last 3 years of dreadfull football,signings,hoofball and the appalling way he pissed off for the money will be forgotten quicker than all his achievements.
Kevin

Adrian wrote:John Still is a legend at Dagenham & Redbridge because he achieved a huge amount at the club over a long time.
This pretty much sums up my thoughts on John Still also. The "Johnny Judas" stuff would seem slightly miscued considering that it was probably time for him to retire/be sacked anyway.

Wayne Burnett has had a pretty long time to show what he can do. Unfortunately, winning more than the occasional home game, having the tactical nous to respond to the opposition or motivating a team of players (many of whom he has signed) does not appear to be among his "talents".

I like to consider myself a "supporter" of the team. From taking in a 0-0 at Carshalton after we'd plummeted out of the conference, all the way to sending the Chuckle Brothers & co packing at Wembley - like many others, I've seen plenty of highs & lows. Pretty much throughout each match, you'll find me shouting out "c'mon you Daggers" like the eejit I am.

Unfortunately, for about the last year & a half or so, I'm finding myself leaving 99% of matches repeatedly of the impression that the individual paid to be in charge hasn't got a 'kin clue what he's doing. As I have no positive memories of any previous achievements to soften this view (which is probably what was different when John Still was in charge) I'm finding it difficult to have any warm & fuzzy thoughts towards Mr Burnett.

If he turns it around - great. But he is getting paid to do this, so perhaps he might like to get a wriggle on - or, alternatively, he could toddle off.
SUSSEX DAGGER

So Wayne has a chance then Arnu?

Sadly his excellent effort last year appear to currently count for ****** all.
DI Mike Dashwood

Weird, for some reason I am tempted to go on Tuesday, don't ask me why!!! None of me mates want to go though (loner hey!!!).

I remember going to Southport in December 2001 and having never been as cold in my life, ever. D4E was there and John McKenna our old keeper came round to chat to everyone. Was sleeting and blowing a gale, and we had no cover and the wind was blowing the sleet right into us. Drew 2-2 I think. Took me till Birmingham on way home before I could feel my feet!!!
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:So Wayne has a chance then Arnu?

Sadly his excellent effort last year appear to currently count for ****** all.

I'd really just like him to sort it out,he hasn't had the same chance Judas had but then im not sure he's really earned it.Stilly,like him or not did do amazing things for us and id concede in the cold light of day that was right to let him have longer than most to rectify things.I just think WB has really struggled for a while for no real reason.You cant blame it on not having Murphy and Hines,we're losing with Murphy now anyway.Im not seeing any improvement over quite a few months.Same mistakes,same dodgy substitutions 10 mins from the end and a defence leakier than the north stand roof.The Wycombe thing still disturbs me,un necessary bollocking on the field and the apparent loss of dressing room with the likes of Wuilko,Medy,Femi,Bingham and probably the others Stilly left us with.He has to win win win now and with Carlisle considered pretty shite at the moment we should muller them.I cant see him turning it around.Hope Im wrong.