Halifax Home Diversity Match Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Diggerthedog

So our annual day trippers match where people swarm the stadium on mass but are never seen again, well not for another year. Looks like most seats are now sold out, going to be fun in the big stand.

Another tough game against a side above who until recently were in a bit of a slump but have now picked up again as they look to push for a play off spot, let’s hope we can continue our decent form that we’ve seen the last two months and grab all 3 points, perhaps then the day trippers might return.
NBDag

We always seem to pull out a crap performance on this day, it’s no wonder they don’t come back more often. That plus our pricing and match day experience being very poor…

Either way, Halifax were a dreadful looking team in the reverse fixture and hopefully that’s the team that shows up on Saturday. As said, play like we have recently and it should hopefully be a win for us.
len

With a big crowd expected, hopefully we can put in a good performance and get the three points.
ARNU

What is it with us and this diversity match ? Never win it and so another generation of potential supporters are lost.
Another very average team pull our pants down at home.
Sorry Ben but your strategy is all wrong. Lumping the ball upto awful Sears is a waste of time, taking off arguably our best player Forson for Remi was terrible, Phipps up front was done way to late. Hoofing to him at least seemed to be working. I can't stand this side to side and passing back to the keeper shit.
Frustrating and annoying from start to finish.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RM1Dagger

Groundhog Day at home. Another game we started brightly in and overall should have definitely got something out of but ultimately lacked the firepower. You can't blame Sears, he's being asked to do something that's not his game, hold the ball up and win headers when he's 5.7" or something.

I honestly think we will go down if we cannot somehow holt this slump at home. I guess that's hardly genius football analysis.
Now the SE27 Dagger
AVincelotFlyingLeap

I’ll be the optimist this time I think we’re playing well at the moment and to be honest results haven’t been terrible. Hill and Pereira showed great flashes today and Tav and Eastman are building a partnership. KAF was fantastic and was unlucky to be taken off. We don’t even need a 20 goals a season striker just someone who can hold the ball up well and we still start winning games I’m sure of it. I think we are playing better than first half of season (when Vincent and Rees were deeper and the play was slower and less inventive) and hopefully the fixtures open up soon and we can win more (except, we’re playing another team above us next week)
len

I thought we played quite well and did not deserve to lose the game. We had enough chances but just couldn't put the ball away. If Effiong had been playing things would probably had been different.
RayleighDagger1986

That is the problem right there all season.
No decent back-up striker.
When Effiong was first out back in October, we struggled. Now he's out again, things are not looking good.
Diggerthedog

Yet another home game where we dominated for the opening half hour but didn’t take any of the chances that fell our way, the two from Dion P spring to mind. The away side up their game first 15 mins of the second half and get the goal which is always coming as our stats show we’re terrible just after half time, they then see out the game as we launch balls aerially at Sears. You can call it luck or you can say we’re just not good enough attacking wise and haven’t kept a clean sheet for a very long time. Any other club that loses 12 homes game in a season let alone 2 months before the end would see the manager shown the door, but we all know Ben isn’t getting the money to do much better than he is and we don’t sack manager until it’s too late anyway. Back in real trouble again.

As for the diversity day bollocks, scrap it completely it’s pointless giving away free tickets these don’t return and only show for a free ticket, well hundreds didn’t even bother showing up this time it’s just embarrassing and doesn’t benefit the club at all. It’s a failed project, yet another one by the MD but he would never admit it was a failure.

The owners have 2 months left to keep us up, sell up and get rid of Thompson and if all 3 are not completed by season ticket renewal that’s me done.