Oxford City

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

Surely we can win today with our recent positive results and confidence?
Answers on a postcard please.
Daggerfan

3-0 HT
Daggerfan

Effiong off injured, looks like it’s his hamstring. :banghead:
Daggerfan

6-1 an overhead kick from Josh Rees :thumbu:
Kevin

A 7-1 win is an amazing result!!!

Up to 12th in the table, positive goal difference - heady times indeed!

C'mon you Daggers!! :thumbu:
Last edited by Kevin on Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARNU

I'm sure we could have had more, no complaints today from me. Rees certainly had his best game in a daggers shirt today and he is now officially not my Dagenhams worst ever player anymore.

Special shout out for Apiah Forson ,chased and got everything.

+1 goal difference and 7points off playoffs and the drop. Who'd have thought it ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
BB-Dagger

Apiah Forson Has been head and shoulders above everyone else this season, I couldn’t understand why Ben wasn’t playing him more earlier in the season, overall today’s result and performance was a welcome release from the usual stress on the terraces, it going to be a tough task in finding someone to fill in for Effi if his injury is serious, the goals from Vincent and Effi in the first half were stunning and almost eclipsed by the Rees overhead goal. Hugely entertaining afternoon overall. COYD
Auntie Merge

Not 6-0 but a 6-0 difference :rolleyes: :sub:

First time in absolute ages that I have come home from a game without feeling like i’d been dragged through a hedge backwards.

And we even got a rainbow too.

One eye on the playoffs and not the relegation zone!
len

Brilliant performance, superb goals, just hope Effiong not out too long
NBDag

Great win, everyone played fantastically and has done so for a good few weeks now.

Whilst we will all rightly enjoy this win for some time, it could also potentially be a very bad day for us and big moment in the season. If Effiong is out, and our long term, we are really really screwed. He’s been the difference for us since the Boxing Day turn of form and without him I can’t see where the goals come from, unless we bring in someone bloody good. Which won’t happen for obvious reasons. Fingers crossed he’s back next week and we can keep this going
McLeansvilleAppFan

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:53 pm Not 6-0 but a 6-0 difference :rolleyes: :sub:

First time in absolute ages that I have come home from a game without feeling like i’d been dragged through a hedge backwards.

When it was 3-0 at the half I was thinking of you and hoping for the best.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
RayleighDagger1986

NBDag wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:23 pm Great win, everyone played fantastically and has done so for a good few weeks now.

Whilst we will all rightly enjoy this win for some time, it could also potentially be a very bad day for us and big moment in the season. If Effiong is out, and our long term, we are really really screwed. He’s been the difference for us since the Boxing Day turn of form and without him I can’t see where the goals come from, unless we bring in someone bloody good. Which won’t happen for obvious reasons. Fingers crossed he’s back next week and we can keep this going
A great team performance marred by the injury to Effiong. Lets hope its not as serious as it looked. What are the options if he's out for a while, Sears or Ibie starting down the middle, or maybe play Rees as an emergency forward or bringing someone in on loan. The latter maybe the only choice (if we can afford it)
Diggerthedog

A big win in every sense but it can’t just be a nice day we have to lose Effiong to injury with no back ups, urgent signing required. Ridiculous games of football with ridiculously good goals too, just rewards as we’ve been playing well for a while now.
Auntie Merge

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:41 pm
Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 6:53 pm Not 6-0 but a 6-0 difference :rolleyes: :sub:

When it was 3-0 at the half I was thinking of you and hoping for the best.
Thank you. I had quite a few messages from people throughout the game.
Also shows you what happens when everyone starts believing we're going to win 6-0!
:thumbu: :thumbu: :thumbu: :thumbu: :thumbu: :thumbu:
RM1Dagger

Still amuses me slightly when even a team rock bottom of the NL attempt to 'play out from the back'. I'm not saying they didn't manage it on occasion but most of the time they were quite clearly better off hoofing it long.
Now the SE27 Dagger