Bye Trinity

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
ARNU

Saved the çlub and done it up a bit. No hard feelings. Not really sure what they thought was going to happen or if they really had much ambition. Spose now we'll get the normal dodgy car dealers or Tamplin types sniffing around.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
rebeldagger

Happy birthday to me...

Oh wait.....

Feck....

Please, let's just have some one sensible..... and with a good sense of humour...
Auntie Merge

Better buy a lottery ticket for tonight.

Sad but not unexpected. I think if it hadn't have been for covid it would have happened sooner.

As has been discussed elsewhere, it's a shame that the club can't go back into being a members owned club (as a limited company, to comply with the football league) and if we have to, go back to part time players.

We'd need some forward thinking people running the club though.

But fingers crossed the Americans will show a sense of responsibility and find the right owners for us.
len

It's not a total surprise as things have changed quite substantially over the last 12 months or so. The owners have sold off our best players and cut the playing budget. and also not been seen or heard too much lately so I thought something had changed somewhat.
I was delighted when they put money into the club initially and loved their ambition and enthusiasm for taking the Daggers forward.
I would say owning a football club can unfortunately be an expensive and thankless task and very few succeed, I am grateful however, for what Peter has done for the club over the last few years but worry now what the future holds for us.
NBDag

Obviously the uncertainty of our future is horrible news. Thompson & Gwinn have tried to bring in Tamplin, brought in snowflake Hopkin, and then gave us Trinity who have taken us in the opposite direction of their words. We’re fooked I’m afraid.

As for the news itself, it’s no surprise. We have been saying it for months and for some reason they kept denying it. They were great owners at first. Great atmosphere at the club, great communication, positive actions being taken, but the last few years they have been poor with 2023 being the icing on the cake.

Whilst I do think we’re screwed, there is a reason to have a minuscule amount of cautious optimism. Since the septics bought us, the shareholdings allocated to the members club and Thompson have been hugely diluted. Whilst the members club dilution was always a concern, the dilution of Thompson means he will be very easy to dispose of if we get a new owner with a brain of their own. The club will never succeed if we keep on repeating past mistakes driven by that man.
steeevooo

NBDag wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:32 pm Whilst I do think we’re screwed, there is a reason to have a minuscule amount of cautious optimism. Since the septics bought us, the shareholdings allocated to the members club and Thompson have been hugely diluted. Whilst the members club dilution was always a concern, the dilution of Thompson means he will be very easy to dispose of if we get a new owner with a brain of their own. The club will never succeed if we keep on repeating past mistakes driven by that man.
We have to hope that Trinity let him have zero involvement in the sale process then. Sadly, given that they've allowed him to pretty much do anything else he likes during their tenure, I don't have much faith in that.
BB-Dagger

As mentioned previously it’s not really a surprise with what’s been happening over the past few months, the statement from Mr Freund correctly states that they did invest in the stadium infrastructure and it looks a lot better than before their tenure BUT I would rather watch from a tired stadium and have the correct investment in the players, unfortunately we will now have one of the best part time team stadiums in the lower leagues, and unless the Saudis are looking for a long term investment we are F#ked.
Mark

It's not fair to suggest they didn't also invest in the team. We had players here in recent years on far far more than our club could hope to naturally afford. It's just for whatever reason Daryl couldn't make a success of it despite that playing budget.

One of the main problems before this season was this apparent attitude to the team that more money can always fix it. There was never any identity or any coherence to the recruitment. Only really when Stilly found the likes of Khan and Sagaf did we show a bit of direction. Maybe we'd have done better if we'd had the same investment and a proper director of football.

Whatever people think of Thompson, he has been the person running the club day to day who has now overseen:
- our relegation to the conference in such a state that we apparently "would go out of business without investment"
- the courting of an absolute maniac in Tamplin, including spending money on players before the investment had come in
- the 'saving' of the club by Hopkin, who relatively quickly flounced off with some BS story about flags leading to a fire sale and a close call for going into admin
- bringing in the best of the bunch in Trinity, but failing to ensure any useful spend of the footballing budget, leading to significant underachievement, and ultimately their departure

I have deliberately ignored his relationship with the fans here but we all know that hasn't exactly helped matters either.

It is blatantly obvious that if he remains in any kind of official capacity we will never make any progress. Maybe Todd is going to be the new MD, but we still need to sort out recruitment and scouting, young player pipeline, footballing identity, fan connection and engagement. Time to buy a season ticket like the rest of us Steve.
stanton101

I'm grateful they did what they did, but I'm not sad to see them go, at least we know where we stand now.
Whooptidoing from the stands every once in a blue moon and talking bollocks at the odd forum don't cut much ice with me I'm afraid.
They were never here, and in doing so let the very man whose made some terrible decisions continue in the same vein, gullible doesn't come close. You can't run anything from 4000 miles away. What did they expect to be, Wrexham ffs!! At least those boys are here constantly, I wouldn't know trinity if I fell on them!!
More importantly they never listened to the people that matter, the fans. The people that were here before them and now after them, turning us in to a mid table team to relegation candidates by striping the club bare to recoup some losses that's exactly what's happened.
So yeah thanks for everything the empty shiny new seats, the new facade, and a shop, and thanks for a team that's shit on the pitch.
It didn't work, good luck with Memphis.
Don't let the door, hit your arse on the way out!!!!!
Pablo

I posted a very considered reply on here referring to the impact abuse on social media has had on the owner's decision to depart. It hasn't been posted. Why?
RampantDuke

Pablo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:17 pm I posted a very considered reply on here referring to the impact abuse on social media has had on the owner's decision to depart. It hasn't been posted. Why?
Not sure why. I’m sure most people would agree that the Yanks were subject to some well deserved grief on Twitter/X. They took the plaudits at the beginning but their insistence on sticking with Thompson, their conspicuous absence/communication and the final act of cutting the budget which saw us lose Morias/McCallum and Walker in the space of about a week frustrated all of the fans and led to some pretty salty comments on the socials. I always felt that Trinity were a bit flaky and am sure they didn’t particularly want to do any tough yards. Seemed like a jolly for them at the beginning and then they got bored with it. Club has gone to pot since Dave Andrews stepped down. This is just another low.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Auntie Merge

Pablo wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:17 pm I posted a very considered reply on here referring to the impact abuse on social media has had on the owner's decision to depart. It hasn't been posted. Why?
There are no posts pending and I've deleted nothing.
Diggerthedog

stanton101 wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 9:02 pm I'm grateful they did what they did, but I'm not sad to see them go, at least we know where we stand now.
Whooptidoing from the stands every once in a blue moon and talking bollocks at the odd forum don't cut much ice with me I'm afraid.
They were never here, and in doing so let the very man whose made some terrible decisions continue in the same vein, gullible doesn't come close. You can't run anything from 4000 miles away. What did they expect to be, Wrexham ffs!! At least those boys are here constantly, I wouldn't know trinity if I fell on them!!
More importantly they never listened to the people that matter, the fans. The people that were here before them and now after them, turning us in to a mid table team to relegation candidates by striping the club bare to recoup some losses that's exactly what's happened.
So yeah thanks for everything the empty shiny new seats, the new facade, and a shop, and thanks for a team that's shit on the pitch.
It didn't work, good luck with Memphis.
Don't let the door, hit your arse on the way out!!!!!
There not recouping anything, they’re not even asking for much to buy the club just a new investor to take the helm. They made some very obvious errors and have admitted that, they won’t let us go under like Hopkin was prepared to do.
len

I do hope your right diggerthedog and that we are not left in a precarious situation.
I'm also not sure how easy it is to find investors for a club of our level as investing in most clubs is akin to throwing money into a bottomless pit with little reward for it. We shall have to wait and see what the future holds for us.