Eastleigh Home Boxing Day

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

It appears we will be wearing our away kit
https://daggers.co.uk/news/-NmGs6jKwjoLvUbVLyQx

Given our away record is better than our home one, this has got to be a good omen!

:thumbu:
len

Anything that helps us to win at home has got to be very welcome. Come on you Daggers.
A S dagger97

If we do win, this has got to be a good tactic for the rest of our home games
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Daggerfan

Well that was a nice Christmas gift 4-1 well done lads
Auntie Merge

Of course, it has to be when I'm not there.

But can we wear our away kit at home again please???
A S dagger97

A S dagger97 wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:09 am If we do win, this has got to be a good tactic for the rest of our home games
!!!
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
NBDag

Not too sure what to say about that performance, I’m stunned. So many stand out performances and we actually showed up in the second half for once. Forson and Lawless have to be starting all the time now. Only two spoiling factors are a very poor goal conceded and the donkey up top still giving us the same old crap.

Please give us more of the same next match.
ARNU

Credit where it's due, pretty solid performance all round apart from Freddie Sears who was and is just dreadful. I really thought he'd change our season but he's terrible. You'd fancy him 1 on 1 with the keeper, so he goes 1 on 1 with the keeper and muffs it up. How is he getting a start. That goal for west ham all those years ago has surely past its sell by date.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Mark

I've dug them out most of the season but credit to Rees and Vincent today. The latter out of position but defended quite well and made himself available for the ball at all times. Rees playing initially more as a proper midfielder and he showed some proper graft in there. Inih a great presence with a return to the required effort levels, Hilly excellent.

Thought Sears was appalling and Hess still not up to it.

Good win and need to follow it up.
BB-Dagger

A few comments about todays game, firstly well done, the majority of the side worked their bo11ocks off today.. what would we have done without Hill?
Two goals from Effiong earning him man of the match but with him still seemingly acting a bit offish with the fans, he seemed upset when the crowd cheered when sears was taken off and that action gave almost as big a cheer as a goal, sorry Freddy I’d like to say you’re a has been, unfortunately what seemed a good signing earlier in the season has become more of an embarrassment, no control no vision no work-rate and no movement off the ball, has the control of a brick wall and doesn’t look like he’s slightly bothered when things don’t work out for him (which is quite often) In my opinion man of the match should have been Hill, at least he was one of many players who applauded the fans at the final whistle, overall a good afternoon and hopefully the confidence this will ease some stress and bring some more confidence for the rest of the season.
Diggerthedog

Well well well absolutely nobody saw that one coming and when it went 1-1 I’m sure we all thought oh no not again.

Ryan Hill is an absolute menace, he needs to stay fit if we’re to have any chance getting results out of games. Effiong just needs to keep scoring. amazing how he misses the easiest of chances yet smashes that first one in could have had a hatrick. Great cameo from Appiah Forson, along side Lawless who are both very young but technically gifted players.

Downside was their goal, terrible defending and also Sears who I just don’t get his role in the side, I don’t agree with a lack of effort from him he just having a mare at the moment and should be dropped would like to see Rees play higher or Hill in behind Effiong with somoeone else out on the wing.

Great win as we look to stay up, alll very close down there.
len

Agree at 1-1 thought we were going to lose. Credit to the team in responding in such a positive way. Two absolute cracking goals and the substitutes certainly changed the game in our favour. We just need more of the same determination and endeavour please.
Kevin

Such a great performance during that last half hour!

Great attitude shown, good subs at the right time and some cracking goals..

There's a lot wrong (and continues to be wrong) at the club - but was delighted the boys finally turned up, banged in a few & showed something of what they're made of.

C'mon you Daggers :thumbu: