NL: Kidderminster (A) 18 November 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Kidderminster bringing up the read in the table and Dag and Reg is sitting at 15 but the Daggers have one more match played so the Daggers could be a bit lower if all clubs had played equal number of matches.

Kidderminster have 4 points over the last 5 form. The Daggers have picked up 9 points.

If the Daggers drop this fixture I am turning in my fan card for a bit.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Omar Mussa’s not available for this game because he’s in Burundi playing in a World Cup qualifier, not that you’ve heard anything from the club about this
Mark

At least it's a handy excuse for him not being named in the squad this week. Cos obviously we have failed to ask the manager in interviews why he hasn't been involved for the last 2.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Mark wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:39 pm At least it's a handy excuse for him not being named in the squad this week. Cos obviously we have failed to ask the manager in interviews why he hasn't been involved for the last 2.
This kind of thing annoys me. I think it makes us look really tin pot and unprofessional, like we don't know where our players are on a week to week basis. Or like our players can just swan off whenever they want. Even if there had just been a little 'he's missing for personal reasons', then despite the vagueness of that statement, at least they're acknowledging it.

Then, for this game, we should be celebrating this ! How cool is it that one of our players is going to play in an actual World Cup Qualifying match this weekend ! They could have announced it on the website / twitter and pointed the fans in the direction of the Fifa website which is showing the game, made it in to a bit of a thing, you know ? But no, they're just ignoring it. I don't like how that looks frankly.
Diggerthedog

Can’t lose this one surely? They have scored 12 goals all season and have won once at home, anything other than a win would be very disappointing. Would like to see Tavares in for Phipps and Vincent in for DLK after his one match ban. A win would put us that little bit higher and away from danger just for the time being, a loss would drag us right back into it.
grumpy old git

BBC radio Hereford & Worcester for the match broadcast.
ARNU

My boys actually gone, I'm watching it on the telly. Side to side back to goalkeeper boring load of old crap. No shots yet 37 th min.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
McLeansvilleAppFan

I was listening on my phone on the BBC Sport app and it cut out. I don't think it has to do with me being overseas as other NL commentary is working.

I might not be missing much, but I was looking forward to listening to the entire fixture.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Right as I was going to post the audio feed had been on we score a goal. 1-nil over Kidderminster does not seem all that impressive but if we hand on for 15 minutes it is 3 points.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Right, I will have to trawl through the annuls to try to work out when the last time we won three away games in a row was
Corinthian

Another away win albeit against Kidderminster . Good for confidence. COYD
Kevin

With us currently having a shot-shy forward line, a powder-puff midfield, an ok defence & a top drawer goalie I reckon 4 wins out of 6 is not to be sniffed at.

We are bang average (and have been for several years), but picking up a few wins whilst not playing particularly great is a top effort from all concerned.

COYD
NBDag

Let’s be honest. 4 wins from 6 is a good amount of points on the board. But let’s also be honest, in those 6 games we have played 5 teams even lower than us in the table. The one team above us was probably the best performance of the lot too and it left us with no points. That same team also lost to a very poor Maidenhead at home today. We also lost 2 games at home during this run from winning positions…

My point isn’t to piss on everyone’s parade, but we have had a very easy run of games since the Bracknell match. It would be unforgivable to not be picking up this pretty good return of points. This is a very very very bad league this year. To the point where 14 man, -10 point Southend are a point behind us. We shouldn’t really lose sight of the fact that this club should be firmly in the playoffs this year and a couple of matches where we scraped past the newly promoted shite in this league can’t distract from that. We should all be demanding more from the players and management of the club as this season will be looked back on as one huge missed opportunity.
Lcbdagger

NBDag wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:50 pm Let’s be honest. 4 wins from 6 is a good amount of points on the board. But let’s also be honest, in those 6 games we have played 5 teams even lower than us in the table. The one team above us was probably the best performance of the lot too and it left us with no points. That same team also lost to a very poor Maidenhead at home today. We also lost 2 games at home during this run from winning positions…

My point isn’t to piss on everyone’s parade, but we have had a very easy run of games since the Bracknell match. It would be unforgivable to not be picking up this pretty good return of points. This is a very very very bad league this year. To the point where 14 man, -10 point Southend are a point behind us. We shouldn’t really lose sight of the fact that this club should be firmly in the playoffs this year and a couple of matches where we scraped past the newly promoted shite in this league can’t distract from that. We should all be demanding more from the players and management of the club as this season will be looked back on as one huge missed opportunity.
That will continue to be main complaint this season... last year was frustrating but Wrexham and Notts County were the two best teams in the league all season so I sneaky 7th place would have given us no real prospect of promotion.

This year is crazy open with at least three or four poor teams likely to be in the playoffs come April... but we will be finishing tenth to twelfth and be wondering what if over the summer
ARNU

Awful again. At least Ben was honest about it in the post match interview. We are playing exactly the same week in week out, the good news is that there's worse teams than ours in this league. Only Southend have impressed me this season.
Justham Ling Eastman and Tavares are our only decent players and Ling can't get a start at the moment???
I was watching " superb " Hessenthaler closely today, I'm not seeing it I'm afraid. Roll on the end of the season with our 17th place finish and a clear out in the summer. How aren't we thrashing Kidderminster, they had literally one chance all game, just like us.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !