2023: How did we get here

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Pretty obvious to me . We have on the whole have improved at the back.

However we either sold certain goals or said thanks but no thanks to the other one , I of course refer to that lazy bastard who was the most potent goal scorer we had since Benson.

Obvioulsy he was a high wage earner but if its goals you want then i think his record this year proves that is exactly what he is. A player like that will always cost you money or the risk losing them to somebody paying him or a player like him the money the market will demand is akways to great.

He has already banged in 2/3 of the goals our entire squad has managed this season in less game time.

If their was other reasons for his departure then the money we got for Walker should have gone towards the budget to recruit another proven goal scorer .

Talking of proven goal scorers Innie Effiong record is not that bad so we do have hope with a pairing of him and Sears of getting the goals to get us out of trouble.

If we continue with that headless chicken up front then we will be bang in trouble because a willing runner will not win you football matches . My car is a willing runner but it is hardly going to win a Grand Prix.

With the return of Eastwood and Long King we have enough cover at Centre half when you add in Johnson and Phipps to release one of the very few footballers we have Travares into midfield a role he was playing before that injury last season.

In summary i have seen enough this season to convince me we have both the reciepe and ingredients to make a palatable dish when everybody is fit give or take a couple , all we need to find out is the best method and mix to make that pie.
HGDagger

No ambition, total lack of enthusiasm, not only from the owners but the fans as well. It can only end up one way and that's playing in the National League South next season!
Dagdale

I really think the players we have at the moment can certainly keep us clear of relegation, morale for whatever reason must be certainly very low and we the fans never in a month of Sundays thought it would be this bad. Its always been in Step 1 a real dogfight to reach the summit or sniff the play offs and comes nearly every other week a result nobody would have ever thought would happen. Don't take jacking in for a while at the dross till it moves up a gear? That's what makes Non League fans so unique, one never rides these Leagues for continual pleasure were all here because none of us are glory hunters or brunching on corporate lunches at a oner a bottle. I, and speak for many I know would never return upstairs, here we moan, we groan and sometimes tear your hair out in frustration a beer upstairs sometimes mellows it after but when improvements do take shape you're so on a high to fall in love with the little club status, wouldn't swap it for the World!
IanC

100% agree Dazza, we’ve been through this shit before and we’ll get through it again.
We were never gonna pull up any trees this season, once they cut the budget.
It’s a total rebuild on peanuts and even Alex ferguson would struggle with it.
We just need a few bodies back and give strevs more to choose from, i certainly don’t think it’s all doom and gloom yet.
Hopefully we all stick together and i’m sure we’ll turn the corner and start getting some wins under our belt.
Keep the faith, we’ve seen worse!
SUSSEX DAGGER

IanC wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:59 pm 100% agree Dazza, we’ve been through this shit before and we’ll get through it again.
We were never gonna pull up any trees this season, once they cut the budget.
It’s a total rebuild on peanuts and even Alex ferguson would struggle with it.
We just need a few bodies back and give strevs more to choose from, i certainly don’t think it’s all doom and gloom yet.
Hopefully we all stick together and i’m sure we’ll turn the corner and start getting some wins under our belt.
Keep the faith, we’ve seen worse!
I am sure we will Ian and altho you put a good arguement across i am convinced at the seasons end we will be saying if only we did not have such a dreadful start. Already seen enough to know that we are a better team then Hartlepool , Halifax , York, Wealdstone , Fylde, Oxford and did not go that much on Barnet.

Suspensions and injuries have not helped and at seasons end it will be a case again of " if only"
NBDag

Another moment in 2023 for us to fondly look back on. Brought to you by the best efforts of Trinity Sports Holdings
NBDag

Sigh… Another moment for this fantastic year. Thanks again Peter and co.