NL: Chesterfield (A) 9 September 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Chesterfield is sitting at 5-1-1 and tied with Barnet in points but sitting is 2nd place in the table due to goal differences.

Our Daggers are on a 3 match win streak and are now sitting in 11 place but tied in points with 8-11 position.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Lcbdagger

Hopefully a real test of where we are as a team/ squad this season... Certainly not a team you want to play on a losing run, although I said the same a fortnight ago against Barnet.

They've scored 4 goals 3 times this season but each time with an opposition player sent off and twice they've had to score 4 to win 4-3. I said when we played Wealdstone than I thought their position may be inflated due to wins all coming against ten-men.

We know how they attack but there certainly appears to be chances for other teams to get at them... Wondering whether this might be the game where we really see ourselves missing a clinical striker late on with the game in the balance? Kendall works hard but I don't feel he is the man for chance to drop to ten minutes from the end with the game level.
NBDag

Lcbdagger wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:43 pm Certainly not a team you want to play on a losing run
Probably what we all said last season too and then look at what happened! They definitely were the team to beat going into this season, but it’s not as big a test as Barnet was given form and circumstances. I’d happily take a point, but I hope we go looking for all 3.

Yes they’ve scored the most goals in the league, but also conceded the 4th highest amount of goals in the league. So maybe it’s no coincidence that the 1st and 2nd leakiest defences this year so far are two teams they stuck 4 past. Whilst Dorking are tied in 4th for goals conceded with Chesterfield too! They have also scored 4 winning goals after the 85th minute. So maybe their position is inflated as the stats can definitely diminish their achievements so far.

5-0 Spirites incoming…
Dagdale

This game is just about the right time clashing with this lot and I sure believe we have the ability to beat them in that fine stadium again. After the back of three good wins and one running top with them the confidence in the team must be buzzing so why not? In Ryan Hill this guy is some revelation he's quite simple on every blade of grass and a real threat to the opposition and what's in store next? Were also beginning to hit the wide areas well and even Westy dropping back in defence a great move by Ben. Sure can't see with at least no rail disruptions next two weekends we can't take a tank load away playing so well, this Derbyshire town is good as it gets to push these boys on and a rather one or two excellent watering holes, big test here show the same momentum the other 23 will be looking up!
ARNU

Hopefully be listening out here Lanzarote. I'd take a draw right now. I think the boys didn't like the anger we all displayed at the seasons poor start so I dont see us getting tonked today. I think we can all except a defeat as long as effort is put in. Be nice to nick it. C O Y D !!
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
McLeansvilleAppFan

Daggers up 1-0 at the 56 ' mark.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
ARNU

Phipps I love the guy but no discipline. Now 1-1 and 20 to go.
ARNU

FFS !!
honestjohn

It gets worse 2-1 down 90th minute.....3-1 down 96th minute
Danamite

Phipps gets sent off all the time because he isn't a good enough player. Anyone who actually rates him have a reality check will you. He's a liability there's so many better players out there. But we get stuck with a overrated no disciplined s@@t bag. How many points or games has he cost us cause he simply ain't good enough
RayleighDagger1986

Phipps is a good player an justified his dsll up to England C lsst season.
Yes, has a tendency to make the odd rash challenge but is much better than recent and current defenders we have/had. I wouldn't go as far as a liability though
HGDagger

Same old Dagenham
Lcbdagger

I said during the week I thought the fuss about Chesterfield may be overdone this season as they had won 3 games scoring loads against ten men...

Same thing again today... where is your luck at when you've paid ten men four times before mid September??
A S dagger97

Thought we went about the game the right way and executed the plan very well in the first half and Chesterfield were clearly not completely at the races. They meant business from the start of the second half though and got the early red card which paired with the goal aswel meant we were there for the taking and so it proved. Phippsy clearly is good in CB but he'll has had multiple reds since he's been playing there and lacks the discipline in key moments which costs us a lot of points. Eastman looks a lot more composed and natural at the back but I feel Strevs might still stick with Phippsy when they are both available again but all depends on the formation we play with. Was a long trip for many but i wouldn't say it was an awful performance and on another day we could of gone away with a nice point.
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Lcbdagger

A S dagger97 wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 7:56 pm Thought we went about the game the right way and executed the plan very well in the first half and Chesterfield were clearly not completely at the races. They meant business from the start of the second half though and got the early red card which paired with the goal aswel meant we were there for the taking and so it proved. Phippsy clearly is good in CB but he'll has had multiple reds since he's been playing there and lacks the discipline in key moments which costs us a lot of points. Eastman looks a lot more composed and natural at the back but I feel Strevs might still stick with Phippsy when they are both available again but all depends on the formation we play with. Was a long trip for many but i wouldn't say it was an awful performance and on another day we could of gone away with a nice point.
My only worry about Eastman coming back is the possibility of us going to a back 3 and wing backs again... this formation works for us