NL: Gateshead (H) 15 August 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

God help us against Barnet :ninja:
EssexDagger!

A relegation standard squad if I ever saw one.

Apart from Effiong, who else is there who you’d rely on to pull us out of the S***, got absolutely nothing about us and with a weak static midfield that have seen Southend & now Gateshead walk through us with ease.

If that’s Ben’s transfer business complete as he said then it’s goodbye to the NL and hello NLS.
RM1Dagger

I thought Weston was our best player, and with due respect, he's not in his first flush of youth. Gawd help us..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Dagdale

I sincerely believe this side has not been right since Josh Walker left us for Burton Albion, it was the start of what we finally saw tonight a complete breakdown at length and breath of the pitch. Fair play to Gateshead they did a real good job on us, saw our weaknesses and it was really painfall to watch, when Weston switched down the right flank second half had a slight glimmer of hope but faded so quickly when they upped to the 3rd goal, how the hell can we turn it around over at Maidenhead Saturday with 3 games in 2 well down the pan , more injuries and a whole attach of dagger fans blown away by this dross?
Mick Dagger

Their keeper was our best player. He would have been even better if we had put him under a bit of pressure, instead of admiring him from afar when he was having a little kick about with his two mates at the back.
Diggerthedog

Oh dear, what a mess all created from years of Freund listening to mong chops. Burn the whole thing down and build flats.
BB-Dagger

Were Gateshead that good last night? What I watched seemed like a training session for them as we provided absolutely nothing after the first 25/20 minutes, the set up of the side is wrong wrong wrong! I’ve never felt so negative about a season this early in, and why the f#k did I waste my money on a season ticket again. I’m not going to get on the back of individual players but most are obviously not good enough, the blame lies squarely in the shoulders of the manager and owners who are gambling on trying to survive the season with a squad incapable of playing at this level, it only takes one or two weak links at this level for the opposition to exploit it and we have three or four (being kind) the basic fact is if we don’t invest in the squad we are doomed to relegation and any investment by the owners so far is being flushed down the toilet.

PS. Does anyone want to buy a season ticket?
BB-Dagger

It’s now almost 10-30am the day after the nightmare, still no match report or post match interview with the manager! I for one want to know his response and excuses for that debacle, usually something posted by now, could there possibly be some dissent in the dressing room??
Auntie Merge

BB-Dagger wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:29 am It’s now almost 10-30am the day after the nightmare, still no match report or post match interview with the manager! I for one want to know his response and excuses for that debacle, usually something posted by now, could there possibly be some dissent in the dressing room??
I saw an interview with Ben on social media last night
https://twitter.com/Dag_RedFC/status/16 ... 69966?s=20
SUSSEX DAGGER

Sorry Ben but dont talk about a small robust squad when you sign a bloke who has averaged 10 gzmes a season.
The point about finding out the reason for these injuries is obvious to me we play games on a half million pound pitch and train on a couple of quid an hour field
ARNU

BB-Dagger wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:29 am It’s now almost 10-30am the day after the nightmare, still no match report or post match interview with the manager! I for one want to know his response and excuses for that debacle, usually something posted by now, could there possibly be some dissent in the dressing room??
To be fair to Ben he did give an 8 minute aftermatch interview which I watched on YouTube last night shortly after I got in. Injuries Injuries injuries was the general gist of it. Plus all the other "well have to reassess everything and work on it" line. I thought he was gonna cry.
I do feel sorry for him. I hope he can sort it out.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Auntie Merge

ARNU wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:05 am
To be fair to Ben he did give an 8 minute aftermatch interview which I watched on YouTube last night shortly after I got in. Injuries Injuries injuries was the general gist of it. Plus all the other "well have to reassess everything and work on it" line. I thought he was gonna cry.
I do feel sorry for him. I hope he can sort it out.
I feel sorry for Ben too. You could see his frustration during the game.

It is awful that we finally have a decent manager and the budget has been slashed.
Imagine what he’d be doing with Daryl’s budgets?

I really hope the Americans have a rethink and give Ben some cash. The alternative is to start planning for conference south football.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:59 am Sorry Ben but dont talk about a small robust squad when you sign a bloke who has averaged 10 gzmes a season.
The point about finding out the reason for these injuries is obvious to me we play games on a half million pound pitch and train on a couple of quid an hour field
We use West Ham’s facilities to train now, nothing to do with having too many players made of Glass. These injury prone players come at a price, a cheap one due to our crap budget.
DaggerJoel11

🔴🔵 A night that signified the immediate opportunity to allay early concerns instead saw them amplified further, as Gateshead penetrated us with effortless simplicity.

The team will improve with time and nurturing, but is very underwhelming so far.

⤵️ https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... ateshead-4
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''