NL: Southend United (H) 12 August 2023

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
FeedThePig

This should be a very decent game. I fully expect Dagenham to be up there, the recruitment over the summer has impressed me and Strevens is a good manager at this level. I have absolutely no idea why Oldham were considered pre-season favourites, they were dire and appear to have made slight improvements in areas where they were already OK only to completely neglect the centre of their midfield.

I am concerned that the likely intensity of what has become, if not a derby, then a bit of a grudge match over the couple of years will probably be a step too far for our lads given the pre-season problems and lack of squad depth. However, our first 11 is a well-balanced, hard working and skilful unit and if we are on our game then who knows what will happen.

Many are staying away from home games at the moment, hence the low opening day gate, so away games are always likely to see a big following so I wouldn't say that is about being fickle. I can't remember a time when we didn't sell out Daggers away. The only issue with our club is one man, and hopefully he will be gone soon thanks in no small part to the pressure the supporters have put on him this summer. We are all right behind the players, management and staff.

Thanks to those of you who have wished us well, I hope both clubs have a decent season.
Dagthat44

shrimperama wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:49 am Is that a joke?

We have been protesting for months outside the chairman's house, in the high street and at the ground. More protests are planned.

Hardly jumping on the bandwagon. A good few are still boycotting home games and just doing away so it's hardly surprising that we have sold out our allocation of 1200 odd.

Shame we no longer get the extra standing area at the side but after your lot tried their hardest to kick it off the other year it's unsurprising.

I see a few of your fans feel we shouldn't even have been allowed to start the season. We are and have. Hopefully we will dish out another hammering in your cup final.
He will never leave your club until you lot actually take a grip and boycott games, but no, you do jump on the bandwagon. The way your staff treat your academy boys, the way you fans acted, it's true. You should have never been able to start the league and should be playing in the Olympian.
Dag82

They should at the VERY LEAST be starting with a 10 point reduction.

Don't pay anybody for 3 months, whilst all the other 23 clubs are being run correctly, yet they start on level points.

Absolute joke by the NL.
shrimperama

Dagthat44 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:06 am

We have been protesting for months outside the chairman's house, in the high street and at the ground. More protests are planned.

Hardly jumping on the bandwagon. A good few are still boycotting home games and just doing away so it's hardly surprising that we have sold out our allocation of 1200 odd.

Shame we no longer get the extra standing area at the side but after your lot tried their hardest to kick it off the other year it's unsurprising.

I see a few of your fans feel we shouldn't even have been allowed to start the season. We are and have. Hopefully we will dish out another hammering in your cup final.
He will never leave your club until you lot actually take a grip and boycott games, but no, you do jump on the bandwagon. The way your staff treat your academy boys, the way you fans acted, it's true. You should have never been able to start the league and should be playing in the Olympian.
How our fans acted?

Our fans are a class act. That's a fact.

We took more to every club last season than they brought to us. Even took about 800+ to Gateshead etc.

We have protested inside and outside th ground. In the high street and the chairman's house.

We literally helped paint , clean and repair roots hall so that we could play football.

What more could we have done?
McLeansvilleAppFan

I am guessing the Mixlr is not working at present. Is anyone in the stands AND following this message board able to get word to them. Much appreciated from an international fan that was hoping to listen in.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:18 pm I am guessing the Mixlr is not working at present. Is anyone in the stands AND following this message board able to get word to them. Much appreciated from an international fan that was hoping to listen in.
And while I was typing the last message Southend goes up nil-1.
BB-Dagger

We’re being given the runaround! Second best in every department, biased referee doesn’t help but as it stands we are getting out arse kicked
shrimperama

Easy game today.

First half was very dominant, second half much closer but never felt very threatened at all. Always felt a second goal would kill you off.

Not sure what the police were thinking sending everyone through the park after the game. Seemed massive overkill.

See you at roots hall
FeedThePig

Bit disappointed with all the posts on here saying we should face sanctions, be kicked out of the league etc. Not very sporting.

Having 15 players is no sporting advantage. All our payment issues have been resolved in advance of the season starting.

There was no danger of us failing to fulfil fixtures once the required work on the stadium was carried out to the satisfaction of the National League, and proof of funds have now been supplied to prove we can fulfil our fixtures.

On the pitch, it is clearly good news for the league that we can continue. We're a damned good side, as you saw today.

Good luck for the season.
ARNU

If Southend do go into administration will we get our 3 points back ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
McLeansvilleAppFan

ARNU wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:42 pm If Southend do go into administration will we get our 3 points back ?
Maybe we can set up a point selling concession. They need money and we need points. Got to be some way to make a swap that both parties can live with. It would seem to be unethical to NOT do this for a club in need. :lol:
Dagthat44

shrimperama wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:53 pm
Dagthat44 wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 10:06 am

How our fans acted?

Our fans are a class act. That's a fact.

We took more to every club last season than they brought to us. Even took about 800+ to Gateshead etc.

We have protested inside and outside th ground. In the high street and the chairman's house.

We literally helped paint , clean and repair roots hall so that we could play football.

What more could we have done?
Zero class. End of.