Northwood friendly

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Lcbdagger

Yikes, anyone in attendance tonight? 3-0 behind with first team players in the side...
HGDagger

Northwood are in the house now
Diggerthedog

We woefully lack quality in depth for a squad at this level which has been mentioned several times, that result shows that. But the manager can only do his best with the resources given. Pray for very few injuries this season.
len

Does anyone know what sort of team we put out?
Lcbdagger

len wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:00 am Does anyone know what sort of team we put out?
Mixed team but the starting XI, to my knowledge had Tavares, Longe-King, Lawless, Ibie, Blair and the new striker Kendall...

We had two trialists in the starting squad who, I can only assume did little to push for a full-time contract with the club unless something was seen by management that didn't show up in the scoreline.

One of their goals was a trialist so it's not like it was a squad stronger and fitter or more cohesive than our own.
len

Lcbdagger wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:19 pm
len wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 10:00 am Does anyone know what sort of team we put out?
Mixed team but the starting XI, to my knowledge had Tavares, Longe-King, Lawless, Ibie, Blair and the new striker Kendall...

We had two trialists in the starting squad who, I can only assume did little to push for a full-time contract with the club unless something was seen by management that didn't show up in the scoreline.

One of their goals was a trialist so it's not like it was a squad stronger and fitter or more cohesive than our own.
Hopefully Ben Strevens now knows his strongest eleven and if he is a couple of players short in his squad will dip into the loan market.
Lcbdagger

len wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:29 pm
Lcbdagger wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 12:19 pm

Hopefully Ben Strevens now knows his strongest eleven and if he is a couple of players short in his squad will dip into the loan market.
My problem is that we've looked relatively strong in recent games but there was a concern we wouldn't score enough goals... If a squad with first team defenders lets in 3 against a lower league team who are also playing their own Trialists, it's not a great way to end pre-season. Tavares may wonder what he come back form injury for :innocent: