No Views From The Sieve

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
NBDag

After the new structure that has been set up for the TV gantry. Is this temporary or have the club finally lost all common sense?
BB-Dagger

I haven’t been able to attend either of the home pre season games but I’ve been sent some pictures of these new structures, it’s unbelievable that someone has given the go ahead for this, from now on if you stand around the middle 50% of the sieve your view will be obstructed of the playing area by over 30%! Absolute madness, I think the only unobstructed view will be from the corners! if I’d known this before I purchased my season ticket I wouldn’t have bothered, absolute joke
Diggerthedog

This is hilarious, what a club. Jokes aside I would ask for a refund or to move stands, the view is never any good there before those hideous columns but it’s eve worse now. West ham insisted on the new TV gantry, the Sieve is no open for their games so it’s two fingers up to our fans to please the mighty west ham women, pathetic.
Auntie Merge

Is someone able to post a photo here?

Thanks.
Auntie Merge

Thank you to Ian Gorsuch who emailed me this photo. It is published with his permission.
IMG_3249.jpg

Bloody hell - how is anyone meant to see the game from that?
BB-Dagger

It looks a lot worse from the seive, I’ve received pictures downloaded from social media so won’t share them as I don’t have permission,
RayleighDagger1986

Can someone explain how this impacts the view from the sieve if the gantry is sitting on top of the roof??
Mark

Those new big red posts underneath it mean you cannot see more than about 2/3 of the pitch from anywhere in the sieve bar the first couple of steps. If you stand between them both goals are obscured. If you stand either side of them the other half of the pitch is obscured.
HGDagger

If they were going to build that gantry they should have knocked down the roof and rebuilt it with the gantry on top without any supporting pillars, a bit like what Luton are doing with the Bobbers Stand.
RayleighDagger1986

Mark wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:43 pm Those new big red posts underneath it mean you cannot see more than about 2/3 of the pitch from anywhere in the sieve bar the first couple of steps. If you stand between them both goals are obscured. If you stand either side of them the other half of the pitch is obscured.
Are there more supports now in the sieve compared to last season
Daggerman

The two posts in question were about 15cm x 20cm, the new posts that appear to be in the same place are at approximately 60cm Sq (that’s 2ft)
before there was a minor visual issue that didn’t cause a problem, the new post cladding is in my opinion a safety hazard, if there is a crowd and they all move forward to see the other end of the pitch there will be a problem, we’re not talking Ibrox but somebody will get hurt and those at the front are usually children! I know this is unlikely but it’s too high a risk.
RayleighDagger1986

Thanks Daggerman. I understand the issue now
Auntie Merge

Kevin

It definitely needs sorting - currently over 25% of the stadium has a restricted view!

Encouraging statement from the club, but a pretty stupid thing to have allowed to happen in the first place.. :thumbd:
NBDag

Hopefully they manage to fix this then.

Although it’s good the club acted swiftly since most saw it at the Orient game, it’s still embarrassing that this even happened at the first place. And I do worry about the decision making at this club, even with all the Americans involved.