Yes
75%
No
25%
Other
No votes

Total votes: 24
McLeansvilleAppFan

Dagman wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:44 pm The attendance figures are also the problem with investment into the club.
Memphis averaged 4,000 in 2021 and 3600 in 2022. 2019, their inaugural year was 6600.

And for the one mentioning the new stadium for Memphis. The football team is currently sharing a stadium with a baseball team and they have to deal with the pitchers mound. Also, and I am not sure of this particular case, but it is common for cities to build a stadium or help build it and basically give it away through cheap or free rent. The city of Memphis may be helping with the new football stadium.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
BB-Dagger

Auntie Merge wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:23 am
BB-Dagger wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 5:54 pm Decided last minute to renew
It always gets you in the end, doesn’t it?!
I’m just hoping I’m not going to regret it (which I think is likely) but one lives in hope that our home performances will prove me wrong.
len

I would dispute the idea of if we "lost 6-0 every week people would still come back if they enjoyed the match day experience " as complete nonsense. I know a lot of people over many years that have supported the Daggers that would agree with me. Teams that are successful on the pitch generally get bigger crowds and consequently some of those extra people then spend money in the bars before and after the game and consequently increase the receipts of the club.It has been shown on here that some people are not renewing their season tickets and most probably in the main because the team have not been successful.There are a few on here ,however, that for whatever reason, have some sort of resentment, dislike, hatred, call it what you want against certain people running the club, but again most people are not interested in that in the slightest or indeed know anything about that,they just want the team to be successful. Fans want to see a team winning, I don't know anyone who doesn't, but let's see how it goes this season with Ben Strevens ,but what I do know is there is no magic formula, so we will have to wait and see how things develope over the next few weeks and months.
Diggerthedog

The resentment is someone being rewarded for consistent failure, something you would think successful business owners might be able to see.

I hate the club getting a chance and seeing Millions pumped in and literally nothing changing, a few little adjustments here and there like being able to get a beer in the home end which you can at every single other club at this level might improve the experience. Also why not make the other half of the away end the family stand, the barking college stand is an awful view and not one people will rush back to paying for.

My biggest gripe at the moment is a new one i the price, £25 this season to pay on the gate is disgusting and it was already too expensive for the casual fan they just won’t bother, it’s the daftest decision made for years and our attendances will suffer this season.

If we have big investment why not try cheap seasons tickets, it’s worked for and increased attendances at Woking, Bromley, Eastleigh, Sutton etc but unfortunately some people just don’t like change.

People will call it out for another moan bits it’s more a frustration, 5 years ago we had a chance to move forward and it’s been squandered by a lack of ambition within the boardroom. We all want a successful team but perhaps you need sound and decent foundations for that off the pitch and unfortunately it’s never going to happen.
NBDag

I hadn’t renewed with the early bird offer and I have now received an email from the club extending the offer until the end of June
Dagman

If attendances depended on how the team are playing then during the season we reached the play offs in League 2 they should have been greater. However this did not seem to increase the home fans attendance level much just bigger attendance of away supporters.
Home attendances have always depended on whether or not West Ham were playing at home.
hockley dagger

I've not had a season ticket for a while. I always find it odd that people are asked to commit before the fixtures are out. I already know of three commitments in August and September that might clash with a home game. Add in rail engineering works, strikes on the railway and Boxing Day when there is no public transport outside London and there needs to be a very heavy discount for me to buy one.

As for match day experience there doesn't seem to much apart from the diversity day. I take the point about half time beer. Personally I never would but it does seem to be a missed commercial opportunity.

As for prices here's some comparison with other sports clubs I attend:

London Broncos rugby league £17.50 earlybird; £20 on the day.

Essex cricket county championship £16.Notts county championship £22; Middlesex county championship £20.

Those are prices for adult seats.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Did not bother as last season had to miss 6 home games . Will still do me 40 games but did not see the sense in paying out until the fixtures are out.

Last year was in the same situation but second half of season was more favourable to my diary for home games . Probably do the same this year and buy it at half way