📝 Signing | Ryan Hill

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Second summer signing is Ryan Hill, a 25 year-old winger from Eastleigh who by all accounts is industrious and presses high, albeit hasn't produced great attacking output. Eastleigh's statement cites his desire to be reunited with Ben Strevens. Seems we're being more tailored in our recruitment this time.

Still need, in my opinion: three more midfielders of decent calibre, a couple of centre backs including a real leader, a full back especially if Ling departs, two more wingers and a forward.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

Maybe not reading something in the reports on this one, but did we pay a fee? Suggestion was that he was contracted with Eastleigh until the end of next season and wasn't on their retained list this summer as someone seeking a transfer.

Happy to see how any new players fit in together in pre-season but we could definitely do with more than 1 goal in 29 if the stats for last season are correct.

Can't possibly argue with the Manager signing someone he used to work with.
NBDag

If we did pay money for him then that’s a bit of a red flag for Strevens’ tenure already. Early days in the transfer window but we need much better quality than this if our owners want to have any credibility over our play off ambitions
len

Not sure what you are basing this on and whether you have seen the guy play at all, but as he has played for Ben Strevens before he must have seen something in him to think he is a worthwhile signing. I will delay judgement until I have seen the guy in action first.
NBDag

I am basing that on 1 goal in 29 appearances last year and 3 goals the season before when Eastleigh almost went down. That isn’t a record worth paying money for. Not saying he’s crap, or not worth signing. I’m saying that we should be spending our money on “sure things” rather than players we need to find a higher level for us.

Hope that helps.
HGDagger

What the Eastleigh fans are saying about it https://tssc-eastleighfc.proboards.com/thread/6233/hill
Lcbdagger

HGDagger wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 4:35 pm What the Eastleigh fans are saying about it https://tssc-eastleighfc.proboards.com/thread/6233/hill
It wouldn't be a Daggers signing unless there were concerns about a recent injury record :grin:
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Eastleigh have replaced him with Enzo Boldewijn yeah I don't think we're going up lads
Lcbdagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:06 pm Eastleigh have replaced him with Enzo Boldewijn yeah I don't think we're going up lads
A decent player but 1 goal in 49 appearances last season, including Cup games... certainly no more prolific in attack than our man.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Lcbdagger wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:27 pm
AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:06 pm Eastleigh have replaced him with Enzo Boldewijn yeah I don't think we're going up lads
A decent player but 1 goal in 49 appearances last season, including Cup games... certainly no more prolific in attack than our man.
I like your optimism
Lcbdagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:28 pm
Lcbdagger wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 3:27 pm
I like your optimism
If I ever become the voice of club optimism on this Board then we are all doomed :punk:
len

Good news on Sam Ling signing a new contract, always gives his all for the club.