Peter Freund buying more baseball clubs in US

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

Peter Freund is adding to the minor league baseball clubs he owns part of in the US. Two more additions are being added in the state of North Carolina where I live. I grew up a few miles from Hickory but the team did not exist until the year after I had moved away for my first job teaching. I live about 90 miles (90 minutes as well) east of Hickory now.

Kinston is closer to the coast and an area I have not visited all that much. About 2-3 hours away and I was hoping to visit them this summer.

https://www.mlb.com/rangers/news/topic/ ... s-releases

And looking at Peter F's baseball holdings he has his hand in a lot more teams that I realized. It seems his football team in England could be a lot less of a concern than I would have thought.

I will add minor league baseball in the US mostly have agreements with the major leagues and player issues are all dealt with by the major league teams. Meaning Peter need not focus as much on all the teams operations as his organization must do with football in England. I can explain more of this if interested.

https://diamondbaseballholdings.com/#
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
stanton101

He obviously knows a lot more about baseball than he does football.
Don't get me wrong the man's entitled to do with his money want he wants, but come on Peter keep an eye on what's happening here as well.
We're going to be working on a very limited budget this year because money has been wasted through incompetence.
Diggerthedog

We’re all very grateful for them giving us a a sniff of play offs with a much enhanced budget but the same old problems still exist.

The manager talks about bringing the club and fans closer together but when the fans are completely ignored on what actually matters to them, until that changes nothing will happen on that side. That club from 20 years ago is dead it’s now a business run and for the benefit of one individuals opinions, not talking about PF here.

Where’s the new kit? Don’t the club need a cash injection over the quiet months. No advertising on website or socials for season tickets for a week now, it’s payday week for most the final time before early bird deadline. I’ve finally renewed but only because my son wanted to as I was happy to leave it well alone, at least he will far outlive the dinosaur that runs the club And hopefully sees some success.