Southend United

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

You'll find that Sainsburys relinquished that option a few years back, so ownershio reverted back to Martin
NBDag

Not shocked in the slightest that there has still been nothing but silence from the league on this. Because they care so much about integrity and fans of the league I predict that they will postpone all Southend games that happen before the next court review of the WUP and pray that the courts make a decision for them. God help us if the courts don’t do something by then…

Fans and other clubs always an afterthought. Now that’s a league with integrity!
len

Game now not being televised and reverting back to 300pm kick off. The club are up for sale and hoping to be sold. There are so many problems with them at the moment that they need to resolve, so many doubts as to whether they will continue, unless things improve dramatically and quickly as they are running out of time.
Kevin

It's not just the "club" up for sale though is it? It's the ground too - at a "bargain" price of £4.5m.

If an individual - or a group of folks - had a few million, I just can't see the temptation of laying out that kind of sum..and then still having all the historic debts, the costs to run the club & a decrepit stadium to pay for the day they took over.

Wouldn't wish it on any set of fans, but I'd be amazed if they're able to field a team come the start of the season..
BB-Dagger

len wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:43 pm Game now not being televised and reverting back to 300pm kick off. The club are up for sale and hoping to be sold. There are so many problems with them at the moment that they need to resolve, so many doubts as to whether they will continue, unless things improve dramatically and quickly as they are running out of time.
So now our club’s income is affected as we lose out on the TV money, hopefully TNT schedule us for another game
Auntie Merge

Kevin wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 3:08 pm It's not just the "club" up for sale though is it? It's the ground too - at a "bargain" price of £4.5m.

If an individual - or a group of folks - had a few million, I just can't see the temptation of laying out that kind of sum..and then still having all the historic debts, the costs to run the club & a decrepit stadium to pay for the day they took over.

Wouldn't wish it on any set of fans, but I'd be amazed if they're able to field a team come the start of the season..
There are a number of other caveats that Ron Martin has included in the sale which would make any buyer sadly walk away. I think he still expects to own some shares, for instance.

AFC Wimbledon have cancelled their friendly with them. Some staff are still owed months of wages.

Unless they get a miracle and someone with more money than sense (to accept RM’s terms), then it looks like sadly its heading towards AFC Southend City.
len

BB-Dagger wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:41 pm
len wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 2:43 pm Game now not being televised and reverting back to 300pm kick off. The club are up for sale and hoping to be sold. There are so many problems with them at the moment that they need to resolve, so many doubts as to whether they will continue, unless things improve dramatically and quickly as they are running out of time.
So now our club’s income is affected as we lose out on the TV money, hopefully TNT schedule us for another game
From memory it's something like £5000 but as 530pm kick off is not the most convenient to some people and also fans that would otherwise attend then choose to see it on tv, particularly away fans,so we don't really make anything extra from the game as the fee is just making up the shortfall. I am pleased it has been changed back to the original kick off that's if indeed it does go ahead. I would much prefer a couple of our away games shown live to enable me and many others to see our games away.
Mick Dagger

From the British Bashing Corporation:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-66310220
Auntie Merge

I've copied and pasted the text of the National League statement below, as we all know how these things might get amended over time.

The National League have issued the following statement.

The National League appreciate the current unsettling time for the supporters of Southend United FC and would like to set out the current position.

Following extensive and positive dialogue, including sight of suitable evidence provided by the Club, appropriate steps are being made by the Club to satisfy the League and secure its participation in the 2023/24 Vanarama National League season.

The Club has now cleared the debts owed to football creditors and as such the League has issued a licence for the Club to participate in the 2023/24 Season.

The Club, who can now move forward to commence the season, are also required to fulfil the following conditions:

a. The Club HMRC debt is to be discharged in full by their next court date, 23 August 2023. It should be noted that this remains a requirement from the League even if the court hearing is further adjourned past the 23 August 2023.

b. In addition, having discharged all outstanding Football Creditors, and all HMRC debt by 23 August 2023, it will be a condition of the license to ensure all new or any Football Creditors debts or HMRC debt are cleared on time to the satisfaction of the League at any point during the 2023-2024 season.

Should the above, set out in a or b not be satisfied, the Club will be subject to an immediate and automatic 10 points deduction. This is in addition to any other action deemed appropriate by the League when considering any new debt.

The League has made it clear to the Club the importance that not only the current debt is settled but the Club operates in a manner that ensures they operate sustainably moving forward.
len

Now the game appears to be going ahead, all we need to do now is give them a good thrashing!
NBDag

I wonder if they miss July’s payday which I assume is tomorrow, they will be docked 10 points as per condition B.

However I can definitely see the league weaselling out of this as it’s not during the national league season…
Diggerthedog

len wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:25 am Now the game appears to be going ahead, all we need to do now is give them a good thrashing!
They have pretty much the same team as last season, not much weaker so will give us a decent game still.

The league have completely bottled it, why were they allowed to carry on last season not paying anybody. Bizarre.
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:03 pm
len wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:25 am Now the game appears to be going ahead, all we need to do now is give them a good thrashing!
They have pretty much the same team as last season, not much weaker so will give us a decent game still.

The league have completely bottled it, why were they allowed to carry on last season not paying anybody. Bizarre.
They're def in place with a competitive XI, could do with paying a team like that after initial injuries at in... saying that, we don't want them after a takeover with 6 or 7 new squad players
Auntie Merge

Adjourned again to 4th October 2023.
Sale looks imminent (according to Anna Firth MP).
Looks like 10pt deduction.

From Chris Phillips on Twitter: Judge Prentis: "If this was not a football club with the attachment of its fans I would be winding you up today."

https://x.com/cjphillips1982/status/169 ... vAzGh_ntzQ