Daggers Retained List

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

A couple of local friendlies then, with regard to signing players, I imagine that lots of things are happening behind the scenes but until deals are finalised they cannot be announced. We need to be patient, rather than some on here that moan about anything and everything that the club do.
Lcbdagger

Unless I'm mistaken, under contract players can't negotiate properly with a new team until 1st June. I would be amazed with those under contract for us for another month who we have offered a Contract to that any decision on their future will be made prior to them having a chance to speak to other sides... Not sure why any of them would sign up for us again without doing this given the last season and what they likely see around potential budget cuts/ limits to the squad strength.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Lcbdagger wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:10 am Unless I'm mistaken, under contract players can't negotiate properly with a new team until 1st June. I would be amazed with those under contract for us for another month who we have offered a Contract to that any decision on their future will be made prior to them having a chance to speak to other sides... Not sure why any of them would sign up for us again without doing this given the last season and what they likely see around potential budget cuts/ limits to the squad strength.
Yeah FTR on the boys who've been offered new deals they're well within their rights to take a few weeks off to get away and see what else is out there - wouldn't be surprised if we're waiting a little longer. Personally I don't think it's the end of the world, they've earned the right to test the waters and see if they can get a better offer.
Diggerthedog

And they will probably all get better offers given they’ve been offered less in a cost of living crisis. Only Dagenham could offer lees for a new deal in the current climate, what a club. Be very annoyed to see Ling and Sagaf sign elsewhere for the sake of a few quid, Saunders not bothered about.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Diggerthedog wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:35 pm And they will probably all get better offers given they’ve been offered less in a cost of living crisis. Only Dagenham could offer lees for a new deal in the current climate, what a club. Be very annoyed to see Ling and Sagaf sign elsewhere for the sake of a few quid, Saunders not bothered about.
Jeez man. Even the off season is not safe from your intense pessimism it seems.
Diggerthedog

Looks like someone is scared of reality, do you have an opinion or just here to snipe?
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Yeah it's two posts above my last one. Players would be mad to take the offer from us without considering others. That doesn't necessarily mean that the offer we gave them is bad
Lcbdagger

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:34 pm Yeah it's two posts above my last one. Players would be mad to take the offer from us without considering others. That doesn't necessarily mean that the offer we gave them is bad
That, sadly was the suggestion from those who spoke to Robinson prior to notification that he was leaving us... he suggested new terms were offered on lower wages than the current contract, despite his history with the club and relatively young age.
Diggerthedog

AVincelotFlyingLeap wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:34 pm Yeah it's two posts above my last one. Players would be mad to take the offer from us without considering others. That doesn't necessarily mean that the offer we gave them is bad
An offer on less money in the current climate is an incredibly bad offer, these players probably have mortgages or rent based on income and the club have offered to make their life harder great reward.
len

The club by all accounts have given a decent playing budget over the last couple of seasons but without any real success, they have now set a lower budget for this season which is their prerogative. One reason for this maybe like everyone else their heating and lighting is a lot more expensive than it was, or they merely feel that are unable to put that much money in each season. for reasons simply unknown. The thing is that once you set a budget, it is probably not wise in making exceptions for certain players because this then starts resentment and unrest amongst the rest of the staff. I was very upset to see Robinson leave and would also feel the same about Sagaf and Ling but at least feel at the moment, the owners are still committed to supporting the Daggers, which to me is the most important thing.
GNB

25th July, home to Leyton Orient.
7.45 k.o