Daggers Retained List

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
len

Not really any surprises there, but just shows how busy Ben will be in bringing in new players.
RayleighDagger1986

A whole new midfield is needed. let's hope Sagaf signs a new contract
Mark

The number of players still on contract is gonna hamper him somewhat. If everyone signs and we can't find a taker for the transfer listed players that's 17 already.

Personally I would be transfer listing Longe-King, Johnson and Tavares and I certainly wouldn't be giving Saunders a new deal.
Lcbdagger

No issues with those leaving... Weston is great cover next season but will likely not be a starter.

Can't possibly get excited about Tavares or Johnson being under contract next season especially if Manny is transfer listed.

It's been said weeks ago but if any fans were looking to keep players for next season we would be unlikely to get rid of the whole squad outside of 5 or 6 defenders... that looks like where Strevens is currently. Ideally the back four (if we play a four) is exactly where we need to start a rebuild for next season
DaggerJoel11

Evaluating our recently-unveiled Retained List and its impact - the first step of a crucial summer under Strevens.

↪️ https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... ial-summer
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
AVincelotFlyingLeap

McCallum re-signed for Eastleigh
WelshDagger15

I like that Paul wanted to leave for a challenge higher up the leagues and yet Chesterfield clearly decided he wasn't for them after his loan and now he is back with Eastleigh meaning he is still in the National Leagues.

Personally I think he was a lazy player and I don't think that changed while he was at Chesterfield but still good luck to him!
hockley dagger

McCallum was probably the best centre half we had in the club. He would score with good service but he rarely got it. We have had a lot of wide players who couldn't cross a road.
Lcbdagger

Would have loved to have seen McCallum in this coming season's squad with a new manager, colleagues, formation, tactical ideas etc... My worry would have been the allegations around his contract at the club. If he was, as suggested a high earner, we need to make sure any saving is used to bring in players who improve the squad.

As suggested, his defensive support is underrated in my opinion.
Diggerthedog

hockley dagger wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:32 am McCallum was probably the best centre half we had in the club. He would score with good service but he rarely got it. We have had a lot of wide players who couldn't cross a road.
And we’ve offered one of those wingers a new deal. Going to be a very long season on the budget Strevs has been given.

Absolute silence on the signings front and that’s a worry given we could have 8 outfield players to start with if the transfer listed are shipped out and the players offered deals don’t sign up.
RayleighDagger1986

It is nice to read the website with news on relaying of the pitch, 250 club and looking back over the season, month by month but there's been nothing for 3 weeks on players who were offered new contracts, those on the transfer list or other updates.on the playing or management staff in general.
Auntie Merge

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:35 pm It is nice to read the website with news on relaying of the pitch, 250 club and looking back over the season, month by month but there's been nothing for 3 weeks on players who were offered new contracts, those on the transfer list or other updates.on the playing or management staff in general.
I wonder if we are becoming like other clubs who don’t release such statements until after 1st July.

I hope some of the people within the club are having some time off. They are going to have a very busy season ahead.
RayleighDagger1986

I find it frustrating Auntie Merge.
Even AFC Hornchurch have posted details of a friendy with us on 15th July, yet nothing by us on such subject
Mark

Our club always uses the holidays excuse. It's pathetic. At least announce the friendlies. Getting our info from semi pro clubs is embarrassing.
Sagres

Aveley as well on Sat 8th July