That's More Like It

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
SUSSEX DAGGER

Well done lads , great team effort bar a couple who were simply appalling.

Let's not be afraid to tell it how it is , we were by far the better team and only 1 nil flatters the Wood.

Perhaps now players will at least understand the frustration we supporters feel.
Not one of us are asking anymore then what you have shown time and again thst you are more then capable of
Dag82

Yep, a good win for Jekyll & Hyde FC, but we have all been here more than enough times to know the "couldn't be bothered today" performance is just around the corner.

Let's all hope Strevs isn't fooled by what he has seen tonight, and shows the door to the majority of this mob in a few weeks time.

Only a handful can be depended on to turn up for work every week, and we deserve better than that, don't we.
Danamite

Great team performance. I'm not sure where the comment has come from about a few we're simply appalling. But as fans opinions is what is great from all different angles people see it.
I personally thought Longe King was outstanding today in that holding role and done well on the ball too.
Corinthian

Great team performance. Should have/could have scored 4 or 5.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Danamite wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 8:40 pm Great team performance. I'm not sure where the comment has come from about a few we're simply appalling. But as fans opinions is what is great from all different angles people see it.
I personally thought Longe King was outstanding today in that holding role and done well on the ball too.
Weston and Balanta were the two , Balanta did not look fit enough to be fair but suppose with limited resources and the decisions made by our board we had to carry a passenger .
As for Myles Weston my lord
Diggerthedog

Yesterday’s result was proof you just don’t know what side is going to turn up Dagenham or Redbridge, the better side turned up and beat an incredibly poor side who sit above us, how annoying is it to watch such a poor side have a more successful season.

Thought the back line did very well, no surprise as it’s now settled as I don’t think we have seen that all season with a standard back 4. DLK did well to shut down BW ball players and nullified any threat they had.

Weston and Balanta were both out on their feet at the end which is no surprise when you consider the former is getting on a bit and Angelo is returning after such a long time.

We should have won more comfortably but that’s the story of the season, under McMahon we would have thrown that away for sure.

Strev’s has a huge job ahead in what will be a massive rebuild on a smaller budget, lack of effort won’t a be a problem next season once he he has his own players, this is pretty much preseason for us and a chance to get ahead of the game for Ben and the players he chooses to keep.
Lcbdagger

Fantastic result, no question... however...

For me this game just sums up how poor a season it was under the previous Manager. If a team like Boreham have a chance along with an Eastleigh, Southend, Barnet etc of stealing a game at Wembley (regardless of whether the top two this season should clearly both be promoted) it just proves how easy it would have been to get anywhere from third to seventh with any kind of Management that has a best eleven, formation and game management during the year.

We get to January and we are losing at Home to a side without an away win all season, we fail to beat the part time sides in the league and we can't train to defend at pieces in three or more years!

No arguments with yesterday outside of wondering how Weston started the second half as he looked dead on his feet after 35 minutes... aware the game was close but it seemed the time to bring on someone younger when the Home side had been that poor.

I'll take another season of Effiong not offering too much in 90 minutes if he is good for a goal every time... just need to get him on the TV every week or seems!
RM1Dagger

Not sure how Weston starts every game, and I think he's been generally poor for a while. Obviously missed a big chance to put us 2 up and then gave the ball away needlessly to offer up Wood a rare chance. I'm not his biggest fan but I'd rather Saunders be given a chance from the start.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Kevin

Thought it was a decent performance - played really well first half, defended pretty solidly in the second.

On the day, we did make Boreham Wood look fairly ordinary - but they can't have played that way all season to be where they are..the same as we certainly haven't always played like that to be sat in our current position.

A positive game for us, and for Ben Strevens. Trick is to try & follow it up..

COYD :thumbu:
SUSSEX DAGGER

RM1Dagger wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:42 am Not sure how Weston starts every game, and I think he's been generally poor for a while. Obviously missed a big chance to put us 2 up and then gave the ball away needlessly to offer up Wood a rare chance. I'm not his biggest fan but I'd rather Saunders be given a chance from the start.
Add in the sitter missed against Dorking that would have changed the whole game and sorry to me sid and George must be thinking how do I not get a start.

Like Sid everytime I see him could be a useful squad player next season .

However this season finishes I know one thing for certain we will be nowhere short of the points we have dropped against some pretty dreadful teams.
Yeovil 6
Gateshead 4
Scunthorpe 3
Tourney 3.
Dorking 6.

Sorry it will take me a good deal of convincing ,that after the total disbanding of a team who would in my opinion made the playoffs in a canter by our board, to ever believe In the ambitions they claim to have.

I for one will start to pick and choose games from next season, as I have said before Supporters who have stayed loyal and not had much to get excited by over recent seasons have been betrayed
Diggerthedog

We were no good with Walker, Morais and McCallum so them leaving meant nothing. The deals all made sense financially and for the good of the club when it was clear play offs was a distant pipe dream. The money we’ve saved on the likes of McCallum, Morais and Rance the last few months could be an extra body or two next season on top of their replacements. Morais has been injured since he left and all of them wanted out so good riddens anyway.

This is a massive reset which might take a couple of years to get a side together that will challenge, I’m expecting a similar season next year, anything more would be a bonus.
Mark

The only player we've sold who might be in the team is Walker and he went up two divisions. Effiong is better than McCallum and Morias is injured as mentioned. Rance, well, when a half fit centre back can do the defensive midfield job twice as well then it tells you everything about how good he was.

Agree we probably looked to cut the budget but mainly because McMahon was looking to make a total pils of it for the second year running and they're probably sick of spunking dough on a mid table team.

Whilst yesterday might prove to be the umpteenth false dawn of the last few years, I'm relatively positive about the possibilities under Strevs. Cheaper players, if that's what we go for, doesn't have to mean a worse team. A half decent shape and system would go a long way for a start.
Dagdale

Brain set by our lads yesterday was superb, the positive way they got hold of the game from basically the start saw the job done and first time for ages with only one goal in it I did not feel tense that 'we'd throw it away' toward the final minutes. Monday will be very interesting as we have a bad habit of hitting a high note in a game and then dropping a right clanger next one but the process of re build certainly has slowly begun. Been alot of frustration recently but one real plus has been the insertion of Inih Effiong as our main striker and from the banter between him and Syd feel we could eventually pull praises with them two next season, shame about the penalty but Ashmore ranks up there highly on one to ones and so agile that big guy. Good support as always there only drab note was not a hot drink in sight and first time bought a £4 programme also as a senior citizen first time I never got 'searched' going in there? so somethings have improved