Season over then

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
RayleighDagger1986

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:19 pm Mr MD had a pint thrown over him last night, result of the season for me.
Supporter of the year award goes to.......
Pablo

We are all disappointed to say the least at the way the last few seasons have gone and I and others have spent time and money in supporting the club but to resort to effectively assaulting a guy with physical disabilities and people on here applauding it is beyond appalling. Whatever the guys faults - and from a distance his micro management and decision making seems flawed to say the least - the guy loves the club and I believe went as far as to re-mortgage his house to help save it. Shame on those who did this and shame on those on here who seem to think this was justifiable.
RM1Dagger

Agree with that. If it's true, it's out of order. End of.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

His mouth is not disabled and he’s pushed someone too far with is vile tongue. If he loves the club he would walk away from the terrible job he is doing but he loves a pound note more. Who was willing to throw the club under the bus with Tamplinn so he could make a tidy sum on his shares. Short memories.
Danamite

Pablo wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:59 pm We are all disappointed to say the least at the way the last few seasons have gone and I and others have spent time and money in supporting the club but to resort to effectively assaulting a guy with physical disabilities and people on here applauding it is beyond appalling. Whatever the guys faults - and from a distance his micro management and decision making seems flawed to say the least - the guy loves the club and I believe went as far as to re-mortgage his house to help save it. Shame on those who did this and shame on those on here who seem to think this was justifiable.

Pussy
jag

Totally agree, Steve Thompson does not deserve this behaviour, sounds like we are growing a bit of yob culture in our ranks, wind your necks in guys, you can show your passion for the club in other ways, but do agree that this club perhaps needs new blood and that includes some of our players and possibly the coaching staff. Yesterdays performance v Dorking was frantic with lots of trying and effort from some players but generally they seem to be running around like headless chickens the pace of the game at this level is so fast the time allowed on the ball is crazy compare that to the football league and dare I say it also Wrexham/ Notts Co. Come on coaching staff have a rethink.
Blackie645

Thompson is a nasty piece of work, bears grudges against supporters that speak out.
He ain't done bad for someone who started out behind the daggers bar as a bottle collecter.
Through every crisis ay my club he has been there, time to get out of our club, not yours.
Let someone else take over
len

What is wrong with some people on here that think this is acceptable behavior, can you imagine the outcry if this had happened to them.
Auntie Merge

I do not in anyway condone the attack on Steve Thompson. It doesn’t matter what he said, or whether he is disabled or not. It is unacceptable behaviour; it does not help the club in any way.

If anything, given the current situation where it appears the budgets have been slashed and the Americans appear to have lost interest, this kind of attack does the club serious harm.

I can see the Americans putting us up for sale and using ‘the behaviour of individuals’ as a reason, in the same way a previous owner sold the club because of some flags.

On another note, anyone who thought we would get into the playoffs was kidding themselves. Common sense should have told you that last November/December.
We were going nowhere with Daryl in charge.

At least with Ben we have got someone who hopefully can manage on a low budget and knows the club.
Diggerthedog

Not sure you can say the owners have lost interest having paid fee’s for players as recently as Feb, it’s more the fact they’ve taken their eye of the ball. They was always doomed to failure leaving failure MD in charge so only themselves to blame with lack of progress.

Understand the person they showers MD with shit Carling was someone returning who had previous beef with the MD and not seen for many years, if the yanks pull out because of that one person it’s just an excuse and not the real reason just like Hopkin’s excuse.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Absolute shameful behaviour and cowardly in my opinion . We all have views and if done constructively then everybody should be free to express them. Football by its nature is a game where People are always going to have diffrence of opinion and the moment People reduce it to insults and physical abuse then it is beyond the pale.

I took bags for supporting Wayne Burnett throughout , here was a bloke who got us midway up the level above for two seasons and his reward was to see his budget cut year on year. Every Manager since has had their budget increased and the closet we have come is the play off year under John Still , the other two have not even come close to matching what they acheived .

Agree with DTD the agents fees were published last week and altho we always use the undisclosed metaphor for every transfer a quick look at that list gives an indication of what has been invested.

Our current owners are good People but I think they are a bit nieve when it comes to British football and in all honesty are the right owners at the wrong time , we needed them perhaps three years earlier. Always be grateful that they saved our Club from ablivion but it is clear the enthusiasm they once showed has waned . Weather they are prepared to continue to financially support a Club that will need a lot of luck to be anything other then at best a mid table NL team remains to be seen
hockley dagger

Mr Thompson's position is an interesting one to me. I reckon I've spoken to him about half a dozen times in the last decade and never had an issue with him. I did witness some foul language after the Everton cup tie directed at a fan. I suspect both parties had been drinking.

I met a Daggers fan at Essex cricket last summer and mentioned Mr Thompson's position at the club. The mention of his name set the fan off on a tirade. The point I failed to get across is that a weakness in the club's governance is having a managing director who sits on the board and has director's voting rights rather than the more modern model of a chief executive who is answerable to the board, attends board meetings but has no voting rights. The board can then scrutinise the activity of the CEO and set objectives.

To my mind it doesn't matter if the individual concerned is Mr Thompson, me or even my good mate Sussex - having an MD isn't a great model. In fact these days you mainly find MDs in family owned businesses, which the Daggers is not.
steeevooo

hockley dagger wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:20 am To my mind it doesn't matter if the individual concerned is Mr Thompson, me or even my good mate Sussex - having an MD isn't a great model. In fact these days you mainly find MDs in family owned businesses, which the Daggers is not.
Part of the problem is that Thommo does see D&RFC as "his club", and isn't shy of telling people that either. I totally agree though, the structure of the club is completely unfit for purpose - but this isn't a new conversation, we as fans have been saying this for years that the structure isn't right, that there needs to be a review of the personnel within any structure and equally that we all know that nothing will ever change.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Two good posts above.
Understand the person they showers MD with shit Carling was someone returning who had previous beef with the MD and not seen for many years, if the yanks pull out because of that one person it’s just an excuse and not the real reason just like Hopkin’s excuse.
Who does this in real life lol ?? Was it Quigley ???