Brian Woodall

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerSince92

Don't shoot the messenger but I'm hearing Brian is going out on loan to Braintree. Not sure for how long, but a good friend of mine who is a press officer at Braintree has informed me of this. Hopefully Brian can capture some much needed game time and form here.
SUSSEX DAGGER

DaggerSince92 wrote:Don't shoot the messenger but I'm hearing Brian is going out on loan to Braintree. Not sure for how long, but a good friend of mine who is a press officer at Braintree has informed me of this. Hopefully Brian can capture some much needed game time and form here.
Thought he had made a good start to this season. He played very well at Scunthorpe were i thought his work rate was first class and he set up Luke Howell with a great ball that rescued us from defeat. In my opinion he was about the only one that came out of the debacle at Mansfield.

After losing his place it was always going to be hard for him to get it back and since he appears to have fallen further down the order. May well be in his best interest as he dont look likely to figure anytime soon. This is even more apparent since the arrival of Dickson.
FullMetalDagger

i hope he can pick up his form there. would be sad to let him go.
HogansHeros

FullMetalDagger wrote:i hope he can pick up his form there. would be sad to let him go.
Well hes the next one i can see going out the back door
Jamie

He certainly makes a mean pepperoni pizza.
ARNU

Maybe Stilly will give him a start at Luton.For me Woodall was a one season wonder.He got no better or worse,just that the players around him at the time made him look good (Arber,Dom Green,Scannel,Tomlin all rubbish).Now Waynes changed the philosophy and the personnel I cant see how we'd benefit from starting Woodall or even Scott for that matter.I also think Woodall and Scott to just cant consistently turn it on and Josh is also so injury prone we cant really rely on him as a main striker.If you were at the Romford game the other night you'd have to say the pair of them were lethargic and neither looked hungry or up for it.If we lost Hines and Murphy I think we'd plummet right down into the relegation zone almost immediately.Woodall is not going to save us if that were to occur.So I'm sorry to say this but its time for him to go somewhere else along with Josh.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
bearaab

We can't plummet immediaty, other teams need to win. Always a drama queenm
SUSSEX DAGGER

Both him and Josh would be better off in my opinion in a 442 were the two Centre Forwards are closer together. Both look uncomfortable playing in the wide position of three although Brian did play very well at Scunthorpe.

He also was the only one who I thought came out of any credit in the debacle that was Mansfield when the late withdrawal of Rhys meant we moved him into the Centre, it was a shame his team mates threw in a shocker.

Time will tell but I have a sneaky feeling it will be the same with Chris Dickson.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:We can't plummet immediaty, other teams need to win. Always a drama queenm
Another contender to take Adrian's pedantry crown.Your not half the man he is so I doubt you'll ever get even near him. You'd have to be more than mildly obnoxious to get in the same league.On a positive note you are the leader of all the other contenders.
ARNU

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote:Both him and Josh would be better off in my opinion in a 442 were the two Centre Forwards are closer together. Both look uncomfortable playing in the wide position of three although Brian did play very well at Scunthorpe.

He also was the only one who I thought came out of any credit in the debacle that was Mansfield when the late withdrawal of Rhys meant we moved him into the Centre, it was a shame his team mates threw in a shocker.

Time will tell but I have a sneaky feeling it will be the same with Chris Dickson.
Yeah Dickson talked a very good game on Daggers player and Wayne has probably tried to help out a mate from years gone by here but he's not impressed me yet.The pecking order probably goes like this at the moment Murphy,Hines,Elito,Oberfemi,Scott,Woodall then Louis Dennis.So it'd need quite an injury/suspension crisis for Woodall to get a look in as a starter.I think the problem is that basically we all want Woodall and Scott to be great but given a chance they rarely perform.With Josh its injury/fitness that normally messes it up for him and with Brian its consistency.I don't know when the contracts run out but Id be surprised if they are renewed.It will need Hines and Murphy to be sold for us to even consider it Im afraid.
bearaab

ARNU wrote:
bearaab wrote:We can't plummet immediaty, other teams need to win. Always a drama queenm
Another contender to take Adrian's pedantry crown.Your not half the man he is so I doubt you'll ever get even near him. You'd have to be more than mildly obnoxious to get in the same league.On a positive note you are the leader of all the other contenders.
Good to see your still a bit of a dick
Mikins

I honestly dont want to see Brian leave, for all the stick he's getting I think hes probably our second best striker behind Murphy, I used to love Josh but he's made of glass, Obafemi has potential but he's got no damn pace and when i've seen him trying to get back onside or performing defensive duties its like the game goes into horrible slow-mo. to be fair i havent seen Dickson yet but I've heard very mixed opinions on him on here so i dont want to make a judgement call. fact is Murphy we'll probably have for 2 seasons at most before an offer comes in. Josh (I believe) is out of contract this year and should be allowed to go, then Woodall will be our longest serving first team forward at the club. I dont think he suffers from Reed-esque confidence failures. I just want to see the desire and joy of playing I saw in him from his first season, the second season he couldnt give a shit and didnt bother - like Dom, DJ, reed and countless others, this is his 3rd and final chance, and I hope he grabs hold of it rather than doing a Williams and vanishing up his own arse based on one decent season.
Sorry about your damn luck!
SUSSEX DAGGER

If we lost Rhys for any reason which one of our remaining Strikers would you call upon to play the Central role.

In my opinion it would be Brian be interested in other Peoples views.
ARNU

bearaab wrote:
ARNU wrote:
Good to see your still a bit of a dick
Did you know Mickey Mouse has a watch with you on it ?
bearaab

Did you know Tommy Lee has a tattoo of you on his bellend?