Wrexham (H) Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
steeevooo

Like a couple of others have said above, yes we expected defeat, but the manner of us doing so was not wholly down to Wrexham being a superior side playing us off the park. Each of their goals were relatively soft:

1-0: an overlap on the wing where nobody attempted to challenge or block the crosser even as he got to the byline. Not an exceptional ball into the box either, but (as throughout the match) their strikers were hungry and anticipating a chance whereas our defence was static.

2-0: a corner. Enough said.

3-0: the ball into the box must have eluded several of our players, all of whom stood watching as the ball ended up with their player in the box.

4-0: I think we were on the attack and lost the ball, and our attempt at getting back was pitiful compared to their hunger. A decent finish from the angle, but no closing down at all.

We had a couple of chances at one nil down, and against these kind of teams you need to take at least one of them. We barely troubled the keeper with them.

There was an air of resignation from our players right from kick off - I don't recall any of our players showing much emotion after each of their goals other than "oh well, they've scored again". The difference in appetite on the pitch between the two sides was marked, and that is regardless of the gulf in skill.

Our next managerial appointment is huge for this club. Unfortunately I too have little faith that we will make a good call on it.
Mick Dagger

They are so much better coached than us it is embarrassing. We continue with the same old system that guarantees we will be overrun in midfield. The squad is woefully unbalanced and I doubt many of them would excite a new manager intending a crack at the play offs. As for the goals, gift wrapped is an understatement. The second half was like watching a training exercise.