Wrexham (H) Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Well and truly outclassed. Didn't expect much less, especially after Morias pulled out in the warm up.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
ARNU

Wrexham are a class act. Tore us a new arsehole tonight. Outclassed us in every area.
If the yanks get to see this match it'll show them just how far we are from being serious contenders. I'm not gonna slate the players ours are just not in the same class. Not one of ours would get a start at Wrexham.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Diggerthedog

They’re literally a league one team playing two leagues below, thankfully they’ll go up this seasons so we don’t have to put up with the circus next year. We had the two best chances on the first half and didn’t take them and that was that. Didn’t see the last half an hour as I left, whole season is dead.

New manager required and fast but if I’m hearing that Phil Brown was interviewed please don’t bother and just give it to the real digger the dog.
Floydman

Tough to commentate on tonight as we were outclassed and hard to sound positive.The midfield three were superb. Felt a little sorry for Jay Bird as he got a surprise chance and pushed and pulled to no avail. Junior having a scan in the morning but hopefully fit by the next game. The nonsense with the net before we started didn’t help. Great to see a good attendance tonight .
NBDag

In September we played Wrexham and lost 4-1. The owners came out and said it’s not good enough and we must do better. Tonight we had a chance to do better and we did worse. I’m getting tired of their bullshit as here we are after suffering for too long with a crap manager, we are now suffering for too long with no manager and given the form book we will then find ourselves again suffering for too long with a crap manager. I just wish for once they will live up to what they say, all talk from them and never any action.

Good to see 2k home fans there on a freezing Tuesday night. Including a lot of younger fans. There is interest in football at this level when there is an appetising product to be seen, hopefully we can find a way to make Dagenham that product going forward. It’s nice seeing the place so busy
RM1Dagger

Was men against boys. As someone said, not one of our players would get near their team. I don't think we gave up as I've heard, we were just outplayed.
Last edited by RM1Dagger on Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Auntie Merge

It was like watching an exhibition game.
We should feel fortunate it ended at 4-0.
They are leagues ahead of us. They also run so much faster than us. Why do we always look so slow against the opposition?
ARNU

RM1Dagger wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:28 pm I don't think we gave up as I've heard, we were just outplayed.
Yeah definitely this.
Ling and Sagaf never stop trying( tbf you know you'll always get 110% out of these 2). I don't think there was any lack of effort , I just don't think we really knew how to handle Wrexham or did we have the firepower to deal with them. How we only lost 4-0 is a bit of a mystery. Possibly Wrexham took their foot off the pedal safe in the knowledge they had us beat quite early on.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dag82

Diggerthedog wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:58 pm They’re literally a league one team playing two leagues below, thankfully they’ll go up this seasons so we don’t have to put up with the circus next year. We had the two best chances on the first half and didn’t take them and that was that. Didn’t see the last half an hour as I left, whole season is dead.

New manager required and fast but if I’m hearing that Phil Brown was interviewed please don’t bother and just give it to the real digger the dog.
Phil Brown ??.

Wow, just when I thought Thommo couldn't possibly get any more incompetent. :banghead:

The season ticket sales will be booming with that appointment.
Mark

Not really having how superb they were. Loads of teams have made it awkward for them this season, we just roll over. They are sharp and fit and relentless, but that should be the bare minimum regardless of footballing ability. The goals they scored were routine stuff. We just didn't compete with them.

New manager needs a huge overhaul of the side because we don't have the mental or physical capability to do well.
Dagdale

Deadly disappointing night we all knew what level Wrexham are now at but our previous decent performances at home against them certainly thought we'd have a bigger go , we just seemed to collapse as early as their first goal and from then we knew there would be much more and hard to believe Mullin not even getting on the score sheet, we just didn't have enough power to do anything decent in their box and don't think I've ever seen a daggers side passing it back so much, a bad outlook, and the ease Mendy got that final goal just seemed to fold our defence backwards, simply a game we'd rather forget rather rapidly!
stanton101

Thank God that's out the way. They're probably two leagues above us and financially more like a championship outfit.
That said there's no reason (barring one of course) why with the right people in charge we can't at least give it a real go next season.
We (supposedly) have the backing and whilst not in Wrexham's league we are at least a play off contender, all things considered.
We just need the right people in charge.
No shame in losing tonight to a team that is destined to go on to bigger and better things.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Two things that I took from that game tonight.

If you have any intention of reaching the dizzy Heights of 7th in a bang average league its never "good business sense" to flog two of the only three players you have who would even be capable of scoring against a team like Wrexham.

What would make better "business sense " is to sack (cos you could not have a hope in hell of flogging them most of that tottally hapless defence we put out tonight.

Oh sorry there was a third. You did not need a team of league 1 or 2 players to beat us tonight , just the normal bog standard NL player that has proved time and time again this season you do not need to be anything special to score against Dagenham
DaggerJoel11

The conditions would have to be perfect for us to beat them: we needed to produce a near-flawless performance in both boxes and receive some good fortune along the way, like at Notts.

Unfortunately we lost our most solid defender to concussion then leading goalscorer and assist-maker in the warm up, which completely set the tone and in my mind quelled any already ambitious belief we were going to get something.

That it only took five minutes to justify that mindset was hugely disappointing, the first of four very avoidable goals characterised by not doing the basics. We've conceded the same kind to the likes of Scunthorpe and Maidenhead.

Wrexham are the most lucratively assembled squad in non-league history who would stay up if not do better in League 1, so I can accept losing, but not when we came nowhere near pushing them to their optimum standard.

As a purported play-off contender, that really should be the case. At home to Wrexham:

- Solihull L1-2; Wealdstone D0-0; Southend D0-0; Eastleigh L0-2; Boreham Wood D1-1; Chesterfield W2-0; Woking L2-3

Infact, only Dorking have been beaten by a bigger margin than us.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

Mark wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:19 am Not really having how superb they were. Loads of teams have made it awkward for them this season, we just roll over. They are sharp and fit and relentless, but that should be the bare minimum regardless of footballing ability. The goals they scored were routine stuff. We just didn't compete with them.

New manager needs a huge overhaul of the side because we don't have the mental or physical capability to do well.
I thought they were superb at doing everything that the manager has set out for them to do. They have a game plan and stick to it, don’t mess about with the ball at the back smash it out basic stuff and play to their strengths. Add to all that some real quality players, the lump they had upfront controlled and won everything and we fell into their trap.

They are everything we are not, fit, organised and have a game plan. What a waste of 3 years it has really been under McMahon and Thompson who is supposed to oversee this shower of shit. The sooner Gritt and Jupp are gone the better.

Like I said previously the appointment of the next manager is really big for this club but we all probably know deep down it will be the wrong one, unless it’s 4th time lucky for Mr MD.

Club needs gutting top to bottom but it won’t be just the same old dagenham festering in their own shit and piss.