Maidenhead

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Blue Hoops

Hopeless play from Dag-Red, after going one up. Back to why they need a complete clear out at the end of the season. Firstly Weston loses the ball then promptly gives up, followed by Robinson doing exactly the same thing. Two prime candidates to be shown the door. Back to a passion-less display.
RM1Dagger

Yep, as ever it's always the hope that kills you. Defend like demons against a good team on Saturday, defend like numptys against a very average team tonight..
Now the SE27 Dagger
Blue Hoops

Yes, that totally sums up the season. The players looked utterly disinterested. Are the players colour-blind. ? The number of times they passed to the opposition, or does someone put something in their drink before the game. Every player looked like the weren’t bothered. I think the penny must have dropped that with a decent manager none of them will be there next season, even Justham looks shaky, mind you with those idiots defending l think l would as well.
Danamite

Another toothless performance. Can't say I'm shocked with this lot of players. Harry Phipps was terrible tonight again. Why have we got 3 in midfield cause there never there, teams always run through or play through our non existent midfield. Junior up top useless. Effiong did he even play tonight cause he done F all. Justham same old tired of people rating this keeper. A clear out is 100 percent needed pay a little more for a decent manager and get him a team in that will compete we're Dagenham and Redbridge we should be competing in this division for the top spots.
ARNU

I'm not saying this is the case but if I were a player, I'd want to showcase my talents on BT sport's in a live away match at top of the table Notts county where prospective buyers might see me then come and rescue me from the Dagenham shit show. Maidenhead away aint really as glamorous a prospect.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Dagdale

Really makes you wonder if their hearts are with the club as well as being the same old Dagenham pull out a terrific win against all the odds and next game drop down like a stone, will we ever change?
Dag82

Dagdale wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:36 pm Really makes you wonder if their hearts are with the club as well as being the same old Dagenham pull out a terrific win against all the odds and next game drop down like a stone, will we ever change?
As a club we have the possibility to change, but the majority of this group of McMahon's players NEVER WILL.
They are basically a group with a loser's mentality, they think it's OK to turn up once or twice a month, and stroll thru the rest of the games producing a non performance.
Didn't even look like the same team we watched on Saturday..... How is that possible ?.
There are about 6 or 7 players worth keeping, the rest will hopefully be moved on by a new manager who has a clue what he's actually doing.
stanton101

They've gotten away with murder under the gobshite and now that the remnants of that reign are still there, they're coming to the conclusion that time is rapidly running out for quite a few and that their cushty life will come to an end under a new manager who will no doubt show them the door next season.
The best we can do as fans is write this season off, we're not good enough, consistent enough, to get to the playoffs and if by some miracle we did, we'd be shown up for what we are.
If I were the yanks, I'd out Thompson, get someone in with some nouse of football and take my time in finding the right man for the managers job.
If it takes a couple of months then so be it, but ffs, get it right.
The fans deserve better.
EssexDagger!

I think even Stevie Wonder saw that result coming tonight after such a brilliant a result on Saturday.
It’s been the Dagenham way for a couple of seasons now, 1 step forward before taking 2 steps back.

Agree with a few of the posts above, about this summer being the right time that this squad is dismantled and the new manager gets a fresh start without these fair weather players who seem only to be arsed to turn up once every 4-5 games before reverting back to type until they feel like it again.
Diggerthedog

Is anyone really surprised? Same coaching staff who backed McMahon’s woeful tactics and the same players that can’t execute. People got far too carried away after Saturday result, it was just that a result which you would get once in another 100 times if it was played like that again. It will only get worse from no in with play offs completely gone and no new manager.

The clear out of the rest of coaching staff and most of these players can’t come soon enough.
DaggerJoel11

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:17 am Is anyone really surprised? Same coaching staff who backed McMahon’s woeful tactics and the same players that can’t execute. People got far too carried away after Saturday result, it was just that a result which you would get once in another 100 times if it was played like that again. It will only get worse from no in with play offs completely gone and no new manager.

The clear out of the rest of coaching staff and most of these players can’t come soon enough.
Saturday was a phenomenal special day but I personally saw more people forecast a defeat for Maidenhead than it proving a springboard because that's what this team habitually does. Not surprising in the slightest.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Lcbdagger

Aware any team, in theory can get through the playoffs... but would any one on here out a penny of their own money on anybody getting promoted this season beyond Wrexham and Notts?

Build over the summer with a drastically new squad and go again. This season is dead.
jag

I streamed the game last night, it started bad as I thought it was very foggy only to discover it wasn't it was the twat with the camera he had forgotten to wipe the lens and he had a fixation on one of the floodlight stanchions, that put me in a bad mood until Sam Ling scored a very good goal, sigh of relief and I thought that it could be another good night, how wrong I was I think it was Sam but due to the poor quality of the camera I was not sure and then things really went bad they just run through our defence like we were not there, I did get the feeling that most of the players looked tired and leggy perhaps from their exertions on Saturday, even when George Saunders came on he looked to be struggling. Well the team have a few more days to overcome any fatigue before the York game on Saturday and they had better put in a shift be cause last night that was very embarrassing. They should really go out for a great win as we owe them a spanking from last seasons defeat in the cup. Don't hold your breaths.!!! COYD.
DaggerJoel11

🔴🔵 Dagenham were unable to use the jubilation of Saturday as an upwards platform, instead plummeting back down to earth with a turgid performance of downgraded intensity far more reflective of their season.

💬 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... -daggers-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''