McMahon

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
EssexDagger!

Wouldn’t totally be against Strevens but got to ask the question why has he been unemployed since he parted ways with Eastleigh over 13 months ago.
Diggerthedog

Managers who get sacked are still paid for the rest of their contract, if a better paid offer doesn’t come in why would you take a pay cut just to be back in a job.
Auntie Merge

Auntie Merge wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:41 pm Sagaf (if it was he) came off and went straight into the dugout

Gritt (who had given a hug and whispered in the ear of the player he was sending on) shouted at him something like

‘Don’t you f***ing ignore me. Don’t you f***ing ignore me’ and ranted at him.
Sagaf looked perplexed.

It was vile. Gritt was so angry.
Others saw this too. I meant to post something at the time.

I have never seen any management team speak to a player with such anger and venom before. Even when they had a go at a player, there was no malice. This felt like pure hate.
I had a couple of people update me last night (thank you, my memory is terrible at the moment). It wasn't Sagaf, it was Mussa.
Dag82

Dag82 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:14 pm
Lcbdagger wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:00 pm Some excellent points here... My understanding, however is that the timing of this move was as it was primarily because Daryl got wind of us sounding out an individual to replace him. Personally have very little faith that the 'wait it out and get the best option' route will be taken here
Found this post on the conference forum earlier today;

Heard Strevens already turned down the job before the sacking of McMahon who found out hence the bizarre timing of it all. McMahon was already going to be sacked after Scunthorpe but the MD was on holiday and they tried to appointment someone at the same time as sacking him but it backfired big time.
"The rigorous interview process" eh ??.....

So 13 days after McMahon goes, we end up with the same bloke who turned it down.

How many people can you interview in less than 2 weeks, from the job becoming available ?

Any 2nd Interviews ?

Process ?, what a joke.

A Million percent Thommo only decision, another quick lazy appointment, and here we go again.
Lcbdagger

I think the Senior Management at the club may have seen some of the online comment about the possible Phil Brown interview/ appointment and thought... whoever we bring in now as an alternmative is an upgrade :thumbu: :lol:
Dagdale

Agree with so much that is said here, but sure were all bond together and give Strevs full backing especially to a guy who rode the wave in one of our finest era's, so nice to see even though well long departed Eastleigh fans still having fond memories to him and wishing us well. Sure hope his first priority is to make us follow through constitency after pulling out an unexpected win to follow it through, a rather large problem embedded with the Daggers.