Bye Paul McCallum

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Dag82

Why would you let him go out on loan to a "rival" (in the very loosest sense !!) now, when he is out of contract in the summer & can then leave on a free ?.
Stinks to me of a desperate cash saving exercise, because the Owners have given notice that there pulling the plug on the failed project here, and are moving on.
Get ready for another crap performance tomorrow, followed by some more strange looking departures in the next few weeks................... none of which will sadly be called: McMahon.
stanton101

Come on Thompson, stop f...ing hiding and say what's going on. What's the plan?
Have our glorious owners f...ked off, pulled the plug, what?!!!!!!!
I for one don't want to hear anymore of McMahon's ramblings about applying ourselves, working things out on the training pitch or any other incoherent shite that he continues to dish out. I want to know how we've let our only striker waltz out the door in February to another national League side, to be replaced by a bloke who on Tuesdays performance can't trap a bag of cement.
F...ing laughable the way this club is run.
Professional my arse, they wouldn't know professionalism if it fell on them!!!!
RampantDuke

Seems like 2018 all over again. F**k all communication from Thompson who genuinely believes that the fans are beneath him so why does he have to tell us what’s actually going on. No word from our absent owners - f**king cowards in my opinion. It’s like being dumped by ghosting. Pathetic. If someone can let me know when the charity game v West Ham is that would be great so I can avoid it this time. The most ridiculous part is that if the club treated the fans like adults and not little children who don’t need to know the grown up sh*t we would probably all get behind the cause but they don’t because it’s all just a power trip. Massive changes are needed.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Diggerthedog

I don’t think the owners have decided to up sticks, maybe taking a different approach. No way would they be paying fees for players when they intend to pull out. Might be cutting the budget for a number of reasons.

Both the players that have left have made sense for various reasons, I would like to know what the plan is for sure going forward.
DaggerJoel11

McCallum's exit isn't particularly disastrous in itself because he has been out of form for months now however the mechanics of it being a loan deal are mystifying, because there are little tangible benefits to us besides clearing a high-earner off the wage bill. It does come at the expense of a weakened squad however, as his goal record is ultimately very hard to match. Strange times at the minute.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
RampantDuke

Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:00 pm I don’t think the owners have decided to up sticks, maybe taking a different approach. No way would they be paying fees for players when they intend to pull out. Might be cutting the budget for a number of reasons.

Both the players that have left have made sense for various reasons, I would like to know what the plan is for sure going forward.
I think that the 'different approach' is to stop funding Dagenham and put more money into Memphis projects. I'm not sure they would leave us in the lurch like Hopkin did but the dream of getting us back into league 2 is well and truly over judging by the last week.
Broom Broom Broom - Let me hear you say Wayo - Wayo!
Pondfield Dagger

glad hes gone, living on the past, top conference scorer of last 5 seasons combined.

been awful this season missed so many sitters with his feet, miskicks alots of shots. would never have done what our new player done today. Good riddance!
Kevin

It's the original ill-thought-out signing of players such as him that continues to be one of my main gripes with both McMahon and Thompson - piddling the budget away on overpaid ornaments.

Personally, I would've been pretty pissed off if we'd offered McCallum any kind of extension come the end of the season.
Dag82

Yep, would have to say after just one viewing, Effy looks like an upgrade on McCallum.
Much more mobile, much more energy, good in the air, and a lovely couple of strikes.
From what I heard yesterday, Chesterfield are paying McCallums full wages, and we got a small fee also.
Think we may end up on the better side of this deal, let's hope so...
And also I saw that Mr Freund finally found the login details again yesterday to his twitter account, and graced us with a message, so a "good at the office" for us all.
McLeansvilleAppFan

RampantDuke wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:47 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:00 pm I don’t think the owners have decided to up sticks, maybe taking a different approach. No way would they be paying fees for players when they intend to pull out. Might be cutting the budget for a number of reasons.

I think that the 'different approach' is to stop funding Dagenham and put more money into Memphis projects. I'm not sure they would leave us in the lurch like Hopkin did but the dream of getting us back into league 2 is well and truly over judging by the last week.
Peter also owns a few minor league baseball teams in the US and even a very small slice of the NY Yankees, though I am sure no onw is asking his opinion on how to run the Yankees given what I assume is a very small slice of that club.

I assume each club stands on its own as far as financing and he would not take too much from one to cover the other. Maybe a bit but not lots.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog

Peter is not the only investor, their are a number of investors behind Trinity Sports Holdings.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:32 pm Peter is not the only investor, their are a number of investors behind Trinity Sports Holdings.
Yes, he is principal owner and I assume owns controlling interest with over at least at 50.1% stake. But I could be wrong in the percentages.

I wonder if he takes input at all or just cuts a check for the other owner's profit from proceedings. I assume he is to the Yankees as the other Trinity owners are to Trinity. But I could be wrong.

His minor league baseball holdings are a bit different that his soccer holdings as the salaries are paid by the major league baseball clubs and, well, it's different in how the funding of the club and support staff and stadium is done.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Good luck Macca can't blame you mate . You started this season with a goal in every other game . Yes its been disappointing this season but a goal in every 2.2 games is going to be hard to replace, you would think listening to some Players with records like that are two a penny. After all they have been coming out our ears at Dagenham for years !

Best 9 in the league Dozy has gone on record as saying on more then one occasion.

Just wonder how many you would have scored if the service In to you was any good. Sadly one decent cross in every four with a large % of the others failing to beat the first man denied you more .

All I can say is thank god under the terms you left you won't be back to haunt us this season. With only one quality defender amongst the lot of them ( he was missing last Tueday when were lucky not to conceade 6 in the second half at mighty Oldham ! ) and a Goalkeeper who has helped no end this season keep us with delusional hopes of the play offs , you would have had a field day.

Some of us won't forget and some will even reconsider what you gave us ,because I tell you now if he lasts your replacement and the sudden darling of Victoria Road will come nowhere near your record.

Listening to some of our supporters you did not need to score half the goals you did to be a legend all you had to do is run around a lot
HGDagger

Of course who else
Lcbdagger

HGDagger wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:32 pm Of course who else
Would have mortgaged my house on him doing that last week... we were never holding him off twice