Maidenhead (FA Trophy, Home)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

I can’t believe no one has said a word about the Maidenhead trophy game.

Or did you all give it a miss?
RayleighDagger1986

Not much to say tbh other than shocking!
Diggerthedog

I went but left at half time when it was game over thanks to the manager hanging his defence out to dry, I could go to into the faults of the manager but really can’t be bothered. Positive is that Johnson is now suspended, not sure what’s happened to him but he’s become a liability.

Onto Eastleigh who have won away once all season……
McLeansvilleAppFan

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:37 pm thanks to the manager hanging his defence out to dry,
And given the rain being so heavy as to be heard over the MixIr broadcast I must say leaving the defence out to dry was no easy task yesterday.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Sagres

A missed opportunity we should not be losing at home to Maidenhead.

Our day out at Wembley in May cancelled along with Notts County, Wrexham & Chesterfield.
McLeansvilleAppFan

Sagres wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:44 pm A missed opportunity we should not be losing at home to Maidenhead.

Our day out at Wembley in May cancelled along with Notts County, Wrexham & Chesterfield.
Looks like Barnet is in the driver's seat now.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Auntie Merge

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:28 pm Not much to say tbh other than shocking!
Agreed.
There is another thread on here which described everything at our club as mediocre. Sadly, this is right and unless we up our game in all areas on and off the pitch, Saturdays attendance is a taste of things to come.

Yes, money plays a big factor in cup games. But to have less than 900 for a cup game with cheaper tickets, isn’t a good look.

But then if you didn’t have a season ticket, given the choice would you want to continually watch what we are being served up?

I wonder whether if even Darryl knew his own tactics on Saturday.
Dagdale

Nothing new here ever since bigger money feed of lets just concentrate on promotion totally killed off almost all cup competitions especially in higher pyramid, managers either they just put out dummy sides or effort on field is less excuberating, why do we bother? Suppose its just in our blood to visit at all costs. The penny drops like now look at the 'bigger sides' out of it! Saw Bromley at Wembley in it, dreamt of our boys there too as such a class day out even though they got thumped, but it does make you cringe
Mick Dagger

What a miserable afternoon that was.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Dagdale wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:58 am Nothing new here ever since bigger money feed of lets just concentrate on promotion totally killed off almost all cup competitions especially in higher pyramid, managers either they just put out dummy sides or effort on field is less excuberating, why do we bother? Suppose its just in our blood to visit at all costs. The penny drops like now look at the 'bigger sides' out of it! Saw Bromley at Wembley in it, dreamt of our boys there too as such a class day out even though they got thumped, but it does make you cringe
Interesting with the trophy isn't it. Can some older Daggers (I am 28) shed some light on how seriously it was taken back in the day ? Obvs we had some great days at finals (before my time) so the implication is that it mattered a bit more and had a place alongside the league. A few years ago I went to the final when Orient were in it and it was class, so it feels sad that it would fall by the wayside a bit.
Mark

It was always taken very seriously. This was before playoffs and 2 up meant that the majority of the division put all their eggs in the promotion basket. Also conference clubs didn't previously carry 25 full time professional footballers so the option to rotate so heavily wasn't there. The basic problem like most things in football is money.

Shambles of an afternoon but wholly unsurprising with our regular ability to throw one like this in. Attitude was poor. We've got no chance whatsoever of going up this season so this was a real chance at something for the fans to celebrate and a nice day out at the end of the season. Manager once again did himself no favours, those brought in largely done nothing to force their way into the side.
Auntie Merge

Draw was made this PM.

Maidenhead v Harrow Borough or Halifax
DaggerJoel11

🔴🔵 Daggers' hopes for an FA Trophy run, feasible given the elimination of the entire top four in the National League, were disappointingly extinguished by a robust Maidenhead United outfit owing to a susceptibility from long balls.

💬 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... d-united-2
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''