Gillingham FC FA Cup Replay Thursday 8th December 2022

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
D@Rsupportersclubweb

Gillingham FC FA Cup Replay Thursday 8th December 2022

The Supporter’s Club will run coach to this game subject to receiving sufficient bookings.

Coach will depart at 4.45pm.

Cost will be £20.00 members and non-members.

If anybody wishes to go to this game please ring Russell Elmes on the travel hotline (07989 901686) as soon as possible.
Danamite

Who's going. Me and 3 mates are I know it's on TV but I wanna be there to cheer the lads on and roar them into the 3rd round
EssexDagger!

Are we expecting an early announcement postponement for tonight’s game?
Cabaret138

It will go ahead or big hit on the tv money they would get
DaggerJoel11

Exploring the talking points around tonight's important FA Cup replay at Gillingham: the scheduling disgrace, potential for triumph and lucrative Premier League reward lying in wait if we're able to do so.

↪️ https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... a-disgrace
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
daggersjeff

McCullum on the bench? Though he was out til new year?
NBDag

Fell asleep for one second and paid the price. But we are well and truly in this. Need to put them to bed quickly though as their 24 caused us loads of problems off the bench last time. Expect them to do the exact same again
ARNU

What is it with us and corners ????
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
RM1Dagger

Why the hell are we not keeping the ball up their end of the pitch to take it to extra time!!!? At least that would have given us another 30 mins and if we lose then or on pens then so be it. Absolute sickener
Now the SE27 Dagger
Dagdale

Double blowout, first game stoppage time and now tonight seconds from extra time, how cruel but it was in our hands and we paid the price in the end, well done to all who went on a blistery cold night
MelbourneDaggers

Absolutely heartbroken after seeing that. So fking deflated physically and emotionally. We should have had that and I think Robbo's face should it best when the whistle went.

Thought both of our goals were brilliant. Robbo was just wonderful and Saunders was smooth as he was smart capitalising how he did. Thought everyone was in fantastic voice during the game. So kudos to all who made it down there this morning. You lot were a real credit to this club!

Beyond the positives, we really shouldn't be conceding so easily from corners. It seems to happen far too often and whatever lessons at training occurs around them either doesn't happen or ain't sinking in. Exceptionally frustrating. Phipps' tackle was beyond horrific. No idea what he was thinking if at all. Though it is probably too easy to single him out because of that moronic challenge.

On a personal note. Really happy to see us having had so many games in a cup run. Four matches up to a 2nd Round Replay. Only been a couple years since I've properly been part of the Daggers community. So I suppose I can take that as a bittersweet conciliation. Though obviously, I'd much rather have been kicked about by Leicester then pissed off by Gillingham.

Hopefully next year, we can reach the 3rd Round...
Pūgiōnis Mixlr vincit somnus meus
RM1Dagger

Yep Melbourne it's kind of like losing our equivalent of a cup final because the trophy was playing a prem team and the circumstances over the two games just makes it even more deflating.
It's the hope that kills you as they say...
Now the SE27 Dagger
Diggerthedog

Same old McMahonball then, can’t defend corners, don’t make the right subs and a team that can’t play for the full 90 minutes.

But at least we’re in the play offs mix…..not.
stanton101

Manny oh dear :banghead:
redboy

Groundhog day. Cannot defend corners, conceding late goals and Manny was just awful. If McCallum is on the bench, why didn’t he come on? DM knows as much about football as the BBC presenters who claim that we’re in good form despite losing at home to the bottom team on Saturday and that we’re in the mix for the play offs. Obviously done as much homework on D&R as we have defending corners the last 3 years. A massive opportunity missed once again.