Wealdstone (H) wailings can go here.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
McLeansvilleAppFan

I don't think there has been a Saturday this fall where the Daggers have taken 3 points and my Appalachian State gridiron football team has pulled off a win. One or the other have won but not yet both on the same Saturday that I remember. This Saturday my App State team is playing a school well below their level so I am not the least bit worried about App State winning. That game will be wrapped up after about 5 minutes more than likely. It would be nice to have the Daggers getting 3 points just before the App State game starts.

On a personal note, and it is preliminary and very early but I may be a grandfather next summer. I had to share that news.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Corinthian

Congratulations! Fingers crossed for a good result today COYD
BB-Dagger

A good energetic positive performance this afternoon, shame about the Wealdstone goal at the end, overall the pressing was good and the midfield and defence were in the face of the opposition most of the game it tailed off when Smart was withdrawn and we sat back for a while, Phipps again deserves a mention was everywhere tackling anything in blue that moved.
SUSSEX DAGGER

If the game had been played at our tempo instead of the stop start that it became at stages think we would have gone close to Auntie Merge 6 at the worst.

Like the attitude shown today bar Mussa hissy fit at not being given the penalty to take.

Junior first and Walkers goals were good .

Now what's the situation with Robinson because that simply has to be his 5th booking and a ban. Does he miss the Cup game next week or Aldershot away. Personally I hope its the Cup game
ARNU

Another good performance. I'd have given Phipps MOTM though. Had his best game in a daggers shirt today.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
stanton101

Have to say with the injuries we have we're showing some true grit and giving it a go.
Motm Phipps, whose improving week in week out.
Well done lads.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Just to check, that was :

A goal from a left footed cross
A goal direct from a free kick
A composed finish after a counter attack
And an actual penalty ? In the same game ?!

Pinch me. This must be a simulation.
Dagdale

Yeah this game certainly had just about everything, such a pity they scored so late in game as to leave it 4 nil would prove how well we outplayed them and showcase the result in a better light, although did notice their No.7 the Ilford lad Allarakhia especially second half down the left flank was playing for them superbly. Good all round entertaining game, ref booking Justham for what he thought timewasting was crazy considering we were so far ahead wish he could come back when some familiar opponents of ours return, and we are coming more stronger now in defence when what could have been a costly loss of control by Harry Phipps second half when the ball was lost under him was so backed up well behind him by our more solid defence, think Hare is looking the part well too.
RayleighDagger1986

MOTM for me was Phipps.
I can understand why contracts were handed to him even when he was injured. I think we have a gem of a defender, my only concern is whether we can hold onto him.
Diggerthedog

Good high tempo performance and it needed to be against a very poor part time side, couple of superb goals and a goal for Phipps who would have been my choice of man of the match.

The two new wing backs work incredibly hard to track back but still yet to see either take on a man like Weston can.

When we went two nil up we allowed them back into the game for 10/15 mins by doing that sitting back and not pressing the opponent, two unreal chances for us just before half time should have seen it as game over. Nervy start to the second half yet again which could have cost us but eventually we broke away and score a superb solo goal, and it became a case of how many.

You can only beat what’s in front of you but I won’t be getting too excited with our first win in 5, if Aldershot win their game in hand Tuesday they go above us which is a reality check for all at the club.

Two away games in the league next and we need to win at least 1 as home form is keeping our heads above water. Next though it’s the cup and surely with our injuries some much needed funds with a win to strengthen the side, but can the manager spend it well I’m not so sure.
Dag82

Think the team has looked much better the last couple games, with the two new lads.

Both are solid, and provide much more running than those they have replaced, personally hope we can hold onto both for longer than the one month.

Phipps easily MOTM, such a shame the injuries he has had, because I don't really remember him ever letting us down, when he has been in the side.
Mark

Effort and solidity go a long way when you have the likes of Morias to do damage at the other end.

We are so much more defensively sound with Phipps in the back line. Manny is playing well.

The two new lads worked very hard. It should be the bare minimum but we have seen all too often certain individuals who don't want to do the hard graft. They didn't want to let crosses come into the box and it makes such a difference. Going forward Johnson was ok and Smart not really involved but they didn't really need to be as our strikers had too much for their back line.

I think we are probably still short of quality in key areas to challenge but we showed much better attitude.
DaggerJoel11

🔴🔵 The sloppy relinquishment of only their clean sheet all season, mere seconds before its imminent confirmation, proved a minor blight on an otherwise perfect day for the Daggers.

💬 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 from Saturday's confident dismantling of Wealdstone: https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... aldstone-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''