Chesterfield (A) grousing here please

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

ARNU wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:06 pm Haha my boy reckons we're 2-0 up at 20mins. He's a windup 🤩
What a start..!! Goals from Junior + Paul Mc..

Could it be they're responding to a kick up the a#se? :blink:

If we bang in 3 or 4 more, I reckon we've got it in the bag..

C'mon you Daggers!
Corinthian

Three up before half time! I am stunned. COYD
EssexDagger!

Get battered away to Dorking Wanderers then somehow are 0-3 up away from home to Chesterfield.

Football ay, Blöödy hell :eek:
jag

My heart is still pumping from the tension at the end of a well deserved win, bring on the Shrimpers on Saturday
Diggerthedog

Great result, 3 winnable games ahead now. What you got Daryl.
Corinthian

Great result against a top side. Looking forward to reading reports on the performance.
Danamite

In Daryl we trust !!! 😂😂😂😂
SUSSEX DAGGER

Great effort by the lads tonight , guess what when he plays in a four as he did under Taylor Manny looks like the player he was under Taylor. Was superb throughout and also very well disciplined after picking up a booking in the first 15 minutes

Thought the whole back four were outstanding tonight 3-2 makes it sound a bit close in the end, yes it was but I dont recall them having many more guilt edge chances second half then the one they had first half. Think Elliott will admit he should be stopping their first a long range strike that he should be dealing with. That said he only has to look back on the one , his opposite number had a mare and to take nothing away from the outstanding effort and result that the lads we won't come up against a worse one all season. His clearly at fault with all three goals and was lucky it was only 3.

Macca defended from the front Rance was true to his word and had a real tidy game in modfield . Phipps had a great game despite being a bit nieve on a couple of occasions. Manny was emense but he never had had fan Club here tonight to make him MOM , he might of deserved it tonight but didn't get it that goes to Junior who was simply magnificent until he gets kicked out the game.

Great result Great effort ,lost my voice but that was what being a Dagger Is about
stanton101

We'll just got back and I'm still in shock tbh.
I have to say that every man to a tee put in a shift. 3 up at half time and trust me if Robbo hadn't have been unlucky with a lob from about 40 yards out it could have been four.
I don't know who was more shocked.
Them or our little band of 25 up the other end.
The finishing was spot on, the build up for all three goals was superb, especially the 2nd, Man City would have been proud!
2nd half we were under the cosh as you would expect, but even then we had chances to well and truly put them to bed.
Apart from some hairy moments at the end, we thoroughly deserved the win.
I can't pick out a motm, because everyone played their part in a superb win!
Well done indeed boys, you did us proud.
DaggerJoel11

This club, honestly.

About as transformed a performance from Saturday as imaginable with every single player putting in a magnificent shift. Special mentions to Morias, with whom we're an infinitely better team, especially as he brought the best out of McCallum. Then Phipps and Ling, proper performances of pure heart in unfamiliar defensive positions. Sagaf and Robinson were energy personified. Rance did a great job nullifying their creative players.

No point, though, perceiving it as anything more than a solitary performance, excellent though it was, as we all know that it's just as likely we revert to type by the time the next game comes. Therein lies the problem, we're an extremely capable side but so erratically unpredictable it's actually becoming a joke beyond our own fanbase.

That said, this isn't just another victory like the others. It was away to a top side with a big backing, and we puppeteered that crowd expertly. We also changed shape to a back four for the first time I can remember and it made us far more solid in terms of open play chance creation, so if all of that isn't a lift to the players then I don't know what is.

Today is a complete write off after getting back at 3am but it was a night well spent!
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

Well chuffed with that - did not see it happening in a month of Sundays! :blink:

Sounded a fantastic performance from pretty much the whole team - massive well done to all involved :thumbu:

C'mon you Daggers..!!
Corinthian

Thanks for the match reports and I say it again , well done for those who made the trip. It maybe another false dawn but the performance shows this squad can compete with the best at this level. COYD
len

Wow! Who would have predicted that!
SUSSEX DAGGER

stanton101 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:23 am We'll just got back and I'm still in shock tbh.
I have to say that every man to a tee put in a shift. 3 up at half time and trust me if Robbo hadn't have been unlucky with a lob from about 40 yards out it could have been four.
I don't know who was more shocked.
Them or our little band of 25 up the other end.
The finishing was spot on, the build up for all three goals was superb, especially the 2nd, Man City would have been proud!
2nd half we were under the cosh as you would expect, but even then we had chances to well and truly put them to bed.
Apart from some hairy moments at the end, we thoroughly deserved the win.
I can't pick out a motm, because everyone played their part in a superb win!
Well done indeed boys, you did us proud.
The well worked move involving Sagaff which found Robinson with time to put the ball anywhere other then then down the Goalkeepers throat I was worried was going to be a defining moment. As it was for all their possession it was really only their second goal that really found us out. The first should have been dealt with by Elliott.

After watching that you can understand why so many were outraged by Satursdays effort as clearly fans / supporters are not asking any player to do what they clearly are not capable of
Dag82

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:14 am Great effort by the lads tonight , guess what when he plays in a four as he did under Taylor Manny looks like the player he was under Taylor. Was superb throughout
Sussex, are you trying to say that we played with 4 at the back, and there suddenly wasn't wide open spaces down both flanks ?, and we looked a far more solid outfit ?.

It's almost like the players knew where they were supposed to be playing, and the system suited them much better.

If only some of us on here had mentioned that before, like since game 1.

Who knew eh !!