Centre back pairing v gateshead

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Pondfield Dagger

Will it it be be two brick house defenders onararise and longe king playing together? Or will it just be onnarise and same defense as last season lol? For me two brick centre backs make sense and ive seen 3 friendlies including today lovely own goal by ogbonna
Diggerthedog

We play a back three and McMahon seems to prefer Hare and Johnson alongside Manny, if he goes with these two I see no point in signing the others and I fear more of the same aerial weak defence showing as we’ve seen previous seasons. Big defenders are required in this bruising division and I hope the manager makes the right decision.

Have seen nothing of preseason but hope we have a good season and go at least one better.
Lcbdagger

Limited viewing obviously thus far but personally think Longe-King looks class. He needs to be in there and we can have any third defender alongside Manny if we play 3. No height and no chance defending balls in the box otherwise.

Not sure what has been added to the team if LK doesn't start next week, beyond Mussa... aware it was a friendly today but must be blind as I'm not noticing how Rance gets in a staying XI for us ahead of Sagaf. Thought Tavares offered more despite being a defender.

We will still show goals this season... nothing seen so far suggests to me our defensive issues will leave us
Mark

I cannot understand how after two years we are still looking at Rance to start games. He's so limited, he looks petrified whenever he gets the ball at his feet. He's a mid table conference player at best.

I like Johnson but he needs two big guys next to him. Longe King has to play otherwise what was the point signing him.

I'm concerned that we aren't actually any better than last season.
steeevooo

Also, does anyone know what the latest with Ansu Janneh is? I'm happy to be corrected, but I thought he was under contract for this season too, but don't recall seeing his name in any of the pre-season friendlies?
DaggerJoel11

steeevooo wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:18 pm Also, does anyone know what the latest with Ansu Janneh is? I'm happy to be corrected, but I thought he was under contract for this season too, but don't recall seeing his name in any of the pre-season friendlies?
The recent physio update mentioned that Janneh sustained an injury in our first friendly at Aveley that will sideline him for a few weeks but nothing serious.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
SUSSEX DAGGER

steeevooo wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:18 pm Also, does anyone know what the latest with Ansu Janneh is? I'm happy to be corrected, but I thought he was under contract for this season too, but don't recall seeing his name in any of the pre-season friendlies?
Did you really need to ask Steevooo.
DaggerJoel11

Fulfilling their play-off potential is a non-negotiable necessity for the Daggers this term, a a pre-gelled squad coupled with palatable opening fixtures provifing the perfect platform for us to emulate last season's electric start.

The National League of course never works as simply as that especially when you've perennially underachieved as we have, but this simply has to be the year.

I've previewed the upcoming campaign here - https://dagnificent.weebly.com/daggers- ... on-preview
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''