My London

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Auntie Merge

Earlier in the week, Russell Elmes phoned me and said there was a journalist writing about the club and asking to speak to several supporters about what it was like supporting the Daggers.
I really didn’t expect this.
Guess I'll have to renew my season ticket now!

https://www.mylondon.news/news/nostalgi ... s-24173068
Blackie645

Excellent reading
EssexDagger!

Wonderful article 👏🏻
Daggerman

I had to take a look through this link as I like a bit of Daggers history BUT what a disappointment it wasn’t about Daggers at all it was an in depth personal life story of a particular individual all fitted onto an A4 sheet in large print, ohh look at meeeee :thumbd:
jag

You can't win em all Auntie Merge, I think it would be interesting if you were to tell us bit about the years you have experienced with the Daggers, I have been a Dagger since the stands were wooden and the bar was an air raid shelter 1962 I think, how things have changed over the years I remember Dennis Moore our Captain lifting the trophy at Wembley and playing teams such as Leatherhead, Finchley, Carshalton and Hendon the programme cost a penny on a single sheet of paper, I won''t go on any further at the risk of boring some of our younger supporters, I have just arrived at my 71st birthday and will continue to support and attend the games at this great little club as long as I can, so Auntie Merge please carry on doing your bit for the club.
Chigwellian

I go back as far as Ilford Fc playing at lynn road... I loved that ground 😩
stanton101

Auntie Merge wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:16 pm Earlier in the week, Russell Elmes phoned me and said there was a journalist writing about the club and asking to speak to several supporters about what it was like supporting the Daggers.
I really didn’t expect this.
Guess I'll have to renew my season ticket now!

https://www.mylondon.news/news/nostalgi ... s-24173068
Great stuff Merge.
Well done indeed.
Blue Hoops

Chigwellian, l go back to the early 60’s watching Ilford FC at Lynn Road. Fabulous times !