Squad for 22/23

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
stanton101

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 7:40 pm
stanton101 wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 1:18 am Wright was never a centre half, he was played out of position for the entire season by an oaf of a manager who couldn't see the wood for the trees.
Good luck Will in MIDFIELD for Gillingham.
Really Stanton my lord you are a very forgiving soul. He had a go in midfield for us and was to my mind a disaster.

That day at Harogate is the day I gave it up for him in midfield. A performance that was capped by fly kicking a tap in on the goal line . Lucky for us Wilkinson was following up .

Proved far better in defence but we never got at least a chance to get out this League because of that defence.

Also despite taking all the free kicks and corners 12 assists In two years is a pretty poor return

As Mark said earlier in this thread we need defenders if we have any chance to get out this League, admittedly Will Wright was one I would have kept with Manny . who by the way in my opinion is nowhere near the Player we sold to Scunthorpe. The rest I would have binned Including Johnson who I can't for the life of me see what he did to earn a new deal unless he agreed yo play for free
I tell you what Sussex, we'll compromise and say he's a sweeper. :lol:
Danamite

It does seem like every one is doing business but us :blink:
stanton101

Danamite wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:01 pm It does seem like every one is doing business but us :blink:
Be honest would you give the manager money to spend?
EssexDagger!

Around 2.5 weeks left now until clubs start pre season training, so let’s hope we can get some new body’s in before then.
With Wright gone to gillingham, Kenny Clark released, Reynolds still yet to sign a contract, we are left with Manny, Johnson & Zouma as our only Centre halves.

Got to a free transfer or two available from this lot

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nationa ... 0&intern=1
RayleighDagger1986

I see Ogogo is free?
Worth a shout!
Mark

Massive risk with his injury record in recent years. I think they've also reduced his powers somewhat even when fit. Love the guy but I think we need to look elsewhere.
Diggerthedog

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:03 pm I see Ogogo is free?
Worth a shout!
Funny.
RayleighDagger1986

Was thinking more for his experience and only as a squad player. We will no doubt have players warming the bench week in week out but for someone of his calibre, might be useful in training and the dressing room to have around. Do you still perceive that as "Funny" Digger???
Danamite

Forget ogogo didn't wanna sign for us last season when we was in for him and he went and joined southend instead of us.
Diggerthedog

RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:55 pm Was thinking more for his experience and only as a squad player. We will no doubt have players warming the bench week in week out but for someone of his calibre, might be useful in training and the dressing room to have around. Do you still perceive that as "Funny" Digger???
He managed 6 games for Southend last season, not sure I want to be giving him decent wage to be useful in the dressing room because he won’t be useful anywhere else. Southend we’re better without him last season and finish way behind us, not for me thanks.
Lcbdagger

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:18 am
RayleighDagger1986 wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:55 pm Was thinking more for his experience and only as a squad player. We will no doubt have players warming the bench week in week out but for someone of his calibre, might be useful in training and the dressing room to have around. Do you still perceive that as "Funny" Digger???
He managed 6 games for Southend last season, not sure I want to be giving him decent wage to be useful in the dressing room because he won’t be useful anywhere else. Southend we’re better without him last season and finish way behind us, not for me thanks.

We still have Phipps who I am yet to be convinced can stay fit for a season... Easy to say obviously but we need money going on players we can comfortably get a full season out of. We can't have a McCallum and Morias in every position if we have a Walker and Balanta out injured for a period.
RayleighDagger1986

I agree on the Phipps comment. I was somewhat surprised he was given another contract with his injury record. Can we afford to have squad players out 80-90% of the season. Would prefer players available, Balanta is another.
Diggerthedog

Lcbdagger wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:41 am
Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:18 am

We still have Phipps who I am yet to be convinced can stay fit for a season... Easy to say obviously but we need money going on players we can comfortably get a full season out of. We can't have a McCallum and Morias in every position if we have a Walker and Balanta out injured for a period.
Don’t get the resigning of Phipps either, must be on peanuts or it makes zero sense.
EssexDagger!

Just seen that the bookies have us as joint 5th favourites in the odds for winning the league title 😂

16-1 if anybody fancies throwing any money away
Oxhead

It’s great to go into a new season full of optimism, well done