The Future.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Markinfront
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:18 pm

First things first, today was bloody top class, all our players were excellent and absolutely controlled the game. McCallum was superb in my opinion but all of them were 9 out of 10.

As for the future, the foundations are in place, recruitment will be absolutely crucial as always but plenty to be optimistic about. 73 Pts is a good return.

Was it significant I wonder that McMahon did not say anything at the player of the season award after the game, it’s traditional for the manager to say a few words. Is he off to an interview with Wimbledon this week?

I feel we can compete at the top end again in the NL next season and will take many positive memories from this season and look forward to next. COYD!
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:28 am
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, USA

Markinfront wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:07 pm ,,, and will take many positive memories from this season and look forward to next. COYD!
For me I enjoyed my first year as a fan. I made a friendly pen-pal to discuss the games and am looking forward to improvements next year.


Go memories indeed!

COYD
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:28 am
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, USA

I assume given the matches played numbers vis-à-vis number of clubs I assume EFL League 2 is done enough to know which clubs are coming on down to the National League. And the honors go to Oldham Athletic and Scunthorpe United.

Any thoughts on the two clubs a newbie like me needs to be aware of for next season?

Questions incoming when NL South and NL North are finalized though feel free to comment on the 12 clubs that could be in the mix with playoffs.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Mark
Posts: 1415
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:04 pm

North divison final will be between Boston and York. We have history with Boston: https://twohundredpercent.net/steve-eva ... -criminal/

York is a great away day so I'd be rooting for them regardless.

Oldham are the first club to play in the Premier League who have ended up in the national league.
Lcbdagger
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:17 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:43 pm I assume given the matches played numbers vis-à-vis number of clubs I assume EFL League 2 is done enough to know which clubs are coming on down to the National League. And the honors go to Oldham Athletic and Scunthorpe United.

Any thoughts on the two clubs a newbie like me needs to be aware of for next season?

Questions incoming when NL South and NL North are finalized though feel free to comment on the 12 clubs that could be in the mix with playoffs.
Happy to be corrected but my understanding is Scunthorpe has a huge debt last summer and were under massive pressure this year with their spend, hence the terrible season... they lost the last league match 7-0 playing almost an entire team of teenagers. No idea what they may or may not offer next season.

Would love to see York up again, great day awayand owe them one after the FA Trophy.

What's the situation in the South currently?
Diggerthedog
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

First thing amazing performance completely the opposite to the crap served up at Solihull, being so inconsistent has code us dearly but let’s hope we learn from it, a good side to watch no doubt about that. Hopefully Wrexham go up can you imagine the spend if they don’t?

Haven’t York done the annoying thing and moved their stadium about 3 miles out of the centre of York? Shame that. Boston would probably be preferred as they would be a worse side.

Don’t see Maidstone doing much looking at their squad this season, Gateshead will be a decent side I think, always a crap soulless place to go and watch football which makes it hard for visiting sides plus the sides from the North generally do better. Ebbsfleet please as Dorking really are a plastic club including their pitch.
hockley dagger
Posts: 322
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:49 pm

York are in their new ground, which they share with the rugby league club. It's not in the city centre so not quite the brilliant day it was I suspect
RayleighDagger1986
Posts: 676
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:01 pm

Boston is also a mile outside town with very little around it. Prefer Boston as its not too far
SUSSEX DAGGER
Posts: 2487
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 am

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:48 am First thing amazing performance completely the opposite to the crap served up at Solihull, being so inconsistent has code us dearly but let’s hope we learn from it, a good side to watch no doubt about that. Hopefully Wrexham go up can you imagine the spend if they don’t?

Haven’t York done the annoying thing and moved their stadium about 3 miles out of the centre of York? Shame that. Boston would probably be preferred as they would be a worse side.

Don’t see Maidstone doing much looking at their squad this season, Gateshead will be a decent side I think, always a crap soulless place to go and watch football which makes it hard for visiting sides plus the sides from the North generally do better. Ebbsfleet please as Dorking really are a plastic club including their pitch.
Think Wrexham will only be able to retain this year's failures through grandfather rights if this wage cap comes in . Would have thought we will be ok but a lot of teams will have much more of a chance and teams like Wrexham Notts County will have their corns cut
Diggerthedog
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:59 pm
Diggerthedog wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:48 am First thing amazing performance completely the opposite to the crap served up at Solihull, being so inconsistent has code us dearly but let’s hope we learn from it, a good side to watch no doubt about that. Hopefully Wrexham go up can you imagine the spend if they don’t?

Haven’t York done the annoying thing and moved their stadium about 3 miles out of the centre of York? Shame that. Boston would probably be preferred as they would be a worse side.

Don’t see Maidstone doing much looking at their squad this season, Gateshead will be a decent side I think, always a crap soulless place to go and watch football which makes it hard for visiting sides plus the sides from the North generally do better. Ebbsfleet please as Dorking really are a plastic club including their pitch.
Think Wrexham will only be able to retain this year's failures through grandfather rights if this wage cap comes in . Would have thought we will be ok but a lot of teams will have much more of a chance and teams like Wrexham Notts County will have their corns cut
Doubt the wage cap will come in now, bit late in the day if it does and it does not apply to contracts signed before then. Noticed some Wrexham players are on 4 year deals, gulp!
SUSSEX DAGGER
Posts: 2487
Joined: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:47 am

Think it will DTD that is why we signed players on permanent deals and not loans during the season as they don't count..

As Harold McMillan once said its events dear boy events.


Also do the numbers . Currently there is i imagine ten clubs maximum affected by this decision

The voting system has now changed so with the North and South throwing their weight behind it there will be a clear majority . When that is given back to tge Premier Clubs they only need a simple majority for it to be adopted . At worst it is 14/10 .
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:28 am
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, USA

hockley dagger wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:31 pm York are in their new ground, which they share with the rugby league club. It's not in the city centre so not quite the brilliant day it was I suspect
Do the grounds that share with rugby find the playing surface is better or worse shape than a football-only ground? On the one hand their might be more upkeep and more money for upkeep but there has to be more wear and tear and rugby just seems to be harder on the playing surface but maybe that is just me looking with uninformed eyes.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Diggerthedog
Posts: 3518
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:08 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:29 pm
hockley dagger wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:31 pm York are in their new ground, which they share with the rugby league club. It's not in the city centre so not quite the brilliant day it was I suspect
Do the grounds that share with rugby find the playing surface is better or worse shape than a football-only ground? On the one hand their might be more upkeep and more money for upkeep but there has to be more wear and tear and rugby just seems to be harder on the playing surface but maybe that is just me looking with uninformed eyes.
Yes it’s a bad idea, see Halifax and the amount of games they have called off.
User avatar
ThatRoundThing
Posts: 529
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:40 am

Diggerthedog wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:54 pm
McLeansvilleAppFan wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:29 pm
hockley dagger wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:31 pm York are in their new ground, which they share with the rugby league club. It's not in the city centre so not quite the brilliant day it was I suspect
Do the grounds that share with rugby find the playing surface is better or worse shape than a football-only ground? On the one hand their might be more upkeep and more money for upkeep but there has to be more wear and tear and rugby just seems to be harder on the playing surface but maybe that is just me looking with uninformed eyes.
Yes it’s a bad idea, see Halifax and the amount of games they have called off.

Agree DTD, also we all remember how precarious it was trying to book an Away Day to Newport County.
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 189
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:28 am
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, USA

Is it just the extra wear and tear or does rugby itself rip up a ground. Would a NL club and rugby club do more to a ground than a NL club and women's team that use Victoria Road?

Do any of these multiuse grounds go with artificial turf for this reason? I know the one club late in the season had artificial turf (I can't remember who it was) but that was the only club in the NL from what I could tell.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
Post Reply