King's Lynn..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Mark

The likes of Coulson will always threaten us at set pieces. The question was asked at the forum and shrugged off but we are a small team. No other promotion hunting side is as small as us. Manny, who had a mare tbh, could've done more to stop the goal but ultimately he is up against someone far physically stronger than him. If you beat McCallum with the ball in we're always in big trouble.

The penalty incident, I've seen them given but the touch from Manny was nowhere near enough to stop the guy scoring. I'll never understand why players would rather go down than score. The mistake to let him in behind in the first place should never have happened either.

The disallowed goal was a farce. The linesman may have flagged but the ref didn't blow. So you play on, which we did by letting the ball go out and taking a throw. The ref had no intention of disallowing it until they went mad.

I know they are fighting for their life but the antics were some of the worst I've seen. Hilarious that they lost out during the added on time they created. They won't be missed next season.
Alan

Exactly - the ball went out of play and the ref allowed the game to restart with a throw, then gave the goal. It was definitely out of play, the incident was right in front of me - the funniest part was Macca booted the bloke up the arse “trying to get the ball”.

The shithousery of kicking the ball away all game and “needing the physio” every 2 minutes got it’s just deserts. Their manager needs to watch the tape back and look at the time wasting. Good riddance to them.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Think it's time to face upto a bit of reality .

Daryl Mcmahon is an excellent coach in many areas of the game, but in one very important area I am sorry he could not train Ivy up a Wall and that is in the art of defending. 30 goals conceaded from restarts or 2nd phases after restarts is criminal.

This team looks to have very good potential but its going nowhere if we keep giving cheap goals away like yesterday and have done all seasons

The Manager has a new contract and the Board now need to support him by going out and finding a Coach to help out the defence because over a sustained period of time It is clear the incumbent Manager or any of his current Staff clearly have no idea about this area of the pitch.
Diggerthedog

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:14 pm Think it's time to face upto a bit of reality .

Daryl Mcmahon is an excellent coach in many areas of the game, but in one very important area I am sorry he could not train Ivy up a Wall and that is in the art of defending. 30 goals conceaded from restarts or 2nd phases after restarts is criminal.

This team looks to have very good potential but its going nowhere if we keep giving cheap goals away like yesterday and have done all seasons

The Manager has a new contract and the Board now need to support him by going out and finding a Coach to help out the defence because over a sustained period of time It is clear the incumbent Manager or any of his current Staff clearly have no idea about this area of the pitch.
The manager does power point presentations to his players before each game so deserves a 3rd full season crack at it.
Dagdale

Our season summed up again, inconsistency and a first half not putting a foot down on the accelerator pedal and letting a relegation fighting side take the game on, defending especially first half was poor brings up more how useful Reynolds has been this season, funny on a day we suffered with that bumped into a couple of Halifax guys on route back in the smoke from Southend our man shone a good beacon against the Shay and unbeknown to me he bagged them the points, do believe without Reynolds he would have been useful yesterday.
DaggerJoel11

If Walker misses then they accept the phase of play and restart with a goal kick. Neither referee nor linesman indicated any objection while the move was unfolding, infact they both run faster to keep up with play, and you only have to let the move run it's course these days for offside calls.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
DaggerJoel11

The despondent body language of both sides encapsulated the disappointment of a mutually disadvantageous draw that realistically spells the end of Dagenham's season...and ultimately they must blame themselves.

👨🏼‍💻 𝗥𝗘𝗣𝗢𝗥𝗧 and analysis from Saturday | https://dagnificent.weebly.com/match-re ... ynn-town-1
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''