Boreham Wood..

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Kevin

Alas, it seems as if our playoff bid continues to fade out - agree with Diggerthedog that this was more-or-less the case back in Nov.

That said, it is a long old summer without a live game.

So, I'll be hoping for a decent-ish match tonight - potentially where some of our players fancy pulling their finger out & have the occasional shot in the rough direction of the opponents goal.

C'mon you Daggers :blink:

https://daggers.co.uk/news/-MzqeBG6KyX1SB7ix3l_ .
jag

8 minutes from kickoff is there any commentary tonight on mixer?
A S dagger97

Or any commentary anywhere for that matter? 🙃
"Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently"

Or in Dagenhams case, Terribly!
Diggerthedog

Couldn’t make tonight was it another Daryl master class!
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Anyone know what that kid got nicked for ? Was the most interesting part of the game
SUSSEX DAGGER

Trying to get out Fvl.

My god they were there for the taking and our Dozy Manager dint make one Sub I a game we really had to win
RM1Dagger

Was delayed after work (okay, was in the pub and prob should have stayed there) and only saw second half which was truly dire. We looked like the only team interested in winning but didn't look like doing so against a BW team who didn't look like they were bothered which I found very surprising given their position. I'm not in the DM bash camp but it's really mystifying why you wouldn't want to try and change a game (that is clearly petering out) with a sub or two.
Now the SE27 Dagger
Pondfield Dagger

baffled with McMahon, draw no good so we have to throw all three subs on and give it a real good go, we have a good bench walker, weston, hare, but no NOT ONE SUB used, absolute disgraceful. McMahon Out!!!
RayleighDagger1986

Biggest cheer of the night was when Manny was awarded MOTM. The guy stood next to me shouted out that that was 3 games too late. If he had started against both County and Grimsby, we may have got something from those games
NBDag

Was very close to not going tonight, but I felt guilty that I haven’t been able to go since the York match. More fool me.

Boreham Wood seemed to want the draw from the off and it was very strange given how bad we were playing. We played a bit better in the second half but were still pretty uninspiring. As mentioned it beggars belief that McMahon didn’t make any changes. What was there to be happy about from that performance?

Denied what appeared to be a clear penalty, but we didn’t deserve a win so no point moaning about it too much.
ARNU

Manny was a breathe of fresh air and should have played as soon as we signed him.Morais a constant threat. Sagaf always puts in a good ahift.
Why No subs ????
Was anyone else bored ?
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
ThatRoundThing

Obviously DM and Garrard are best buddies. 0-0 draw must have been decent odds.
:nothing:
😁
Pablo

Appalling performance I'm afraid. Only one shot on target. BH still looked the most likely to win even though it seemed as if they didn't really want to or try to. I can't fault the effort but the ability isn't there. Next season I would have a major clear out. As others have said the whole back line apart from Onarise and Ling can go for me. Others I'd keep would be Balanta, Sagaf,Robbo and Walker and Akinbyi ( who has played three times, scored some belters and hasn't played since - odd, odd, odd). Wright and Morais are maybes. The rest, apart from Justham, we could comfortably say goodbye to and not miss. If,as now seems almost certain we don't get a play off place I'm afraid it's farewell to the boss too. He couldn't have too many complaints.
stanton101

Just listened to the interview after the match tonight.
What utter bilge.
DM states that it was a tight game and everyone was fairly decent as his reluctance to alter shape.
Well Daryl, you're at home, the onus is on you to get a result. Wood were quite happy to get a point.
They've stopped us from getting 3!
Any lingering doubt about getting a playoff place is now dead and buried (personally I thought that notion has been dead for a long time now) for even the most diehard of fans.
I'm astounded that a manager whose team ( according to some) is or was on the periferal of a playoff position hasn't made a single sub to try and win the match!
I dread to think what would happen if we needed to win a couple of matches to stay up!
I'll see out the season, only because I've been stupid enough to buy a season ticket, but next year, the Daryl, Thompson show, can whistle for my money.
And if the yanks do occasionally look in on here, (if they don't, they're more gullible than I thought) ask yourselves why you're money has been and will continue to be wasted, why you're club is at best a top 10 team and not involved in the playoffs. And most importantly, why was this manager given another contract so soon, when he is clearly out of his depth!!!
SUSSEX DAGGER

Stanton I doubt that very much and like the rest you will pay out again next season because we are just wanting for this Club to suceed . To me all the ingredients is there just a shame the Cheif just contnuely mucks up the recipe.

A quick look at his phone or a word in his ear would have told the Clown Bromley were losing with 15 to go and we simply had to win that game.

Look at the goals at Grimsby again and tell me why oh why Manny did not start that other if not must win then must no lose game.

Then to listen to the clown afterwards just beggars belief.

Another big bog chance to make up 6 points tonight on one of our main rivals and the Manager was scared to lose . As it is our failure to win is in all honesty as bad as a defeat in the circumstances we are in