Notts County (H)

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Don Beech 3

Big chance tomorrow to continue the good (league) form especially seeing that Notts were trying to get the game called off. Need to take advantage

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/fo ... ll-6819651
Lcbdagger

Wow...

That's all at the moment...

Will think of something else to add later... wow
Diggerthedog

Should have got at least a point but yet again against a top 7 side we bottled it, how many times have we said that this season.. Can’t fault effort today just lacking that next level that the teams above is all have.

The brief is play offs we’re not making them but nothing will change.
ARNU

We're just not good enough. We were arguably the better team and had plenty of chances, our defence is what's letting us down. I'd bin Wright, Johnson and Reynolds.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
Lcbdagger

ARNU wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:42 pm We're just not good enough. We were arguably the better team and had plenty of chances, our defence is what's letting us down. I'd bin Wright, Johnson and Reynolds.
Can't help thinking that after all the excitement about signing Manny, it will have no effect whatsoever on this season... put it the cup now and playoffs surely off the table after today
RayleighDagger1986

ARNU wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:42 pm We're just not good enough. We were arguably the better team and had plenty of chances, our defence is what's letting us down. I'd bin Wright, Johnson and Reynolds.
Sorry Arnu, what game was you watching today?
For the first and last 10 minutes, we were arguably the better team but for the 70 minutes in between County bossed the game.
Same old, same old today. We weren't good enough, not necessarily the defence at thought but I have to say where was the midfield. County controlled the game in large parts, whilst our midfield went asleep. That's where we lost it.
ThatRoundThing

I don’t think there was a BETTER team. IMO ,two teams over 90 mins, no team deserved to win or lose. Should have been a draw.
I’m not putting blame on any player.
SUSSEX DAGGER

Another free header for their first and how easily did he get to the ball across for their second that once again goes in off Jonson.

Think after that thre is no reason not to start Manny Tuesday night, we are no longer a winning team

Think both sides showed why they are destined to be down here next season both simply not good enough.

The ball spent to much time in the air for my liking . At least when Balanta came on we at least started to keep it down and ask questions. Something that needed to happen with the wind

Very disappointed with Westy today looks like there ain't much left in those legs. Thought Robbo had a shocker and can't for the life of me see what Wright dud to get mom.

To many stray passes and we simply second best in midfield other then the ten minutes at the start and end as refered to

We had out chances to at least get a point . Three times the ball ended upon the head of the wrong player and when McCullum finally did get his head on it he misses when you would have backed him to score.

Another false dawn after beating a team who had gone a dozen games unbeaten in midweek. However once we are up against a top 7 team we look very ordinary .

Not over by any stretch but in all honesty can you really see us even getting past the first game if we did stumble into playoffs
ThatRoundThing

Once again MOM was chosen by a one off Match Sponsor celebrating a birthday I believe and may have had followers or related to Josh Hare.
Many of us seated close to them would have chosen Junior.
RM1Dagger

Thought County completely bossed the first half once they'd recovered from going one down and they were on top when they scored the winner. I don't think the defence were to blame, we lost the game in midfield. Arter was controlling the play until he departed. Seemed like we only started playing again once we went behind and had the chances to equalise, but another one of those days..
Now the SE27 Dagger
jag

Very disapointed with the result I thought we deserved a draw, I liked the way Notts County play though, the goal keeper continuously bowled the ball to his centre back in the middle of the pitch who was left to run forward for him to pass the ball to a team mate, so they are already half way up the field and still have posession, unlike our team where we hoof it out creating only a 50-50 chance of keeping possession, there passing was so much better than ours, their players run well off the ball creating space for the pass, these are the lessons that we need to learn to improve our chances against better sides, Balanta made a big difference when he came on creating a few chances towards the end but agree with earlier comments where was our midfield? I thought Junior should have been made MOTM, Why do we seem to play better and get results when playing away than when we play at home? I still think we could make the playoffs if we get back on a winning run starting at Eastleigh on Tuesday evening but I have always been a bit of an optimist, COYD.
Corinthian

I agree with Jag. A lack of concentration/commitment in the tackle from Weston led to the cross for the second goal. Notts County played to their strengths and their front players I thought were excellent . Maybe Balanta would have given Arter more to think about . Who knows?
However I can’t fault the spirit of the Daggers on another day we could even have nicked a win. Manny will help with sorting out our weakness with dealing crosses I believe. Maybe too late for the play offs this year but fingers crossed.
Mick Dagger

We could have nicked a draw but they were a much better side and gave us a football lesson in the first half. If we are going to continue with this formation (and all the evidence suggests we are) at least give us a fighting chance by playing players that are suited to their relevant position within the system.
Dag82

SUSSEX DAGGER wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 9:06 pm Another free header for their first and how easily did he get to the ball across for their second that once again goes in off Jonson.

Think after that thre is no reason not to start Manny Tuesday night, we are no longer a winning team

Think both sides showed why they are destined to be down here next season both simply not good enough.

The ball spent to much time in the air for my liking . At least when Balanta came on we at least started to keep it down and ask questions. Something that needed to happen with the wind

Very disappointed with Westy today looks like there ain't much left in those legs. Thought Robbo had a shocker and can't for the life of me see what Wright dud to get mom.

To many stray passes and we simply second best in midfield other then the ten minutes at the start and end as refered to

We had out chances to at least get a point . Three times the ball ended upon the head of the wrong player and when McCullum finally did get his head on it he misses when you would have backed him to score.

Another false dawn after beating a team who had gone a dozen games unbeaten in midweek. However once we are up against a top 7 team we look very ordinary .

Not over by any stretch but in all honesty can you really see us even getting past the first game if we did stumble into playoffs
Yep, another free header goal, whats that now this season: 25 ??.

Why not start Onariase yesterday ?, he is clearly at least twice as good as anyone else we got back there, but no, leave him on the bench, another soft goal, another failure at home, in a must win game.

We got to win maybe 8 out 11 now.

Anyone really see that happening, with this bloke making the decisions.