Playing Catch Up.

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
Markinfront

So we are now 7pts adrift of a play off spot, and with strong teams in between us and 7th position. It means the next three league games we must harvest 7 or 9pts, all against teams below us in the league and two at home. At this stage for me I think our most likely chance of a visit to Wembley probably lies in the Trophy. I truly hope I’m wrong but I don’t think the squad has had sufficient strength and given how many goals we’ve scored it’s clear the defenders are simply not good enough.
Diggerthedog

Play offs are gone I’m afraid, we just don’t have the right set up for the defenders we have and it is a real shame as we certainly have the attacking prowess for a shot at the play offs.

If the manager is to stay which it seems likely he really needs to bring in a Manny type defender, if he doesn’t it will be yet another season of what could have been.
Daggerman

We should stop pussyfooting about and get Zouma back.
Dag82

Diggerthedog wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:39 pm Play offs are gone I’m afraid, we just don’t have the right set up for the defenders we have and it is a real shame as we certainly have the attacking prowess for a shot at the play offs.

If the manager is to stay which it seems likely he really needs to bring in a Manny type defender, if he doesn’t it will be yet another season of what could have been.
Our defence is fine though isn't it ??.

It must be..... we just gave one of them a Two year contract extension.
AVincelotFlyingLeap

Hopefully next year we can kick on but I was disheartened to see how easily Stockport and Halifax ripped us up. Even if we get in the play offs I can’t see why the same won’t happen again when we make it.

And Wrexham are only gonna get better next year too. We could be here for a while
Diggerthedog

Hopefully Wrexham go up with Stockport and we don’t have them about next season.

Johnson is our best defender, not surprised we kept him on for another two years. Zouma is not good enough if we want to be a top 7 side, good players don’t spend half a year without a club and the only reason he signed was due to injuries. Think the signing of the Eastleigh lad is a good bit of early business for next season.

Two games against two of the worst form teams in the league this week, 6 points a must from these games.
Kevin

Diggerthedog wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:51 pm Two games against two of the worst form teams in the league this week, 6 points a must from these games.
We are one of the worst form teams in the league - pretty sure all these sides will be well up for playing us at the mo.. :ermm:
Diggerthedog

Very true, these two sides have 3 wins between them in each of their last 12 games including 16 defeats. Woking tonight love a long ball into a big striker, games we tend to struggle in so it will be interesting.
SUSSEX DAGGER

We are chasing shadows . No chance.