Halifax (H) Thread

Discuss all matters related to Dagenham and Redbridge
DaggerJoel11

Another massive game within the context of the play-off picture brings the visit high-flying Halifax Town, against whom we hold a good record at home that reads two wins and two draws from the last four outings.

They've lost their last two games, a statistic that would be emulated by ourselves had we not produced a brilliant turnaround on Tuesday evening at Weymouth having trailed until the 70th minute to reclaim the top seven spot we'd relinquished with a feeble loss to Stockport three days prior.

Lots of selection headaches today, with Saunders and Walker deserving to start from the outset after strong cameos in midweek, while Ling, Balanta and Reynolds could also return. Additionally, Morias, McCallum and Walker - who've all staked a convincing claim to be in the XI - will be vying for the two forward places.

Should be an interesting one - COYD
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Kevin

Hard one to call this - you never quite know which version of the Daggers will turn up..

Proper blustery wind out there today - very much hope Zouma is fit to start..definitely look better at the back with him in there.

Halifax are challenging near the top for a reason. They're no mugs - despite recent couple of hiccups.

https://daggers.co.uk/news/-MuWYxNGTDQ_1fz3ziPk

C'mon you Daggers :thumbu:
McLeansvilleAppFan

Any commentary to listen to for this fixture? Nothing on the BBC app on my phone and I have not about coverage on any TV station either.

Edit: Found commentary from Halifax on the Halifax FC website Not very good to be honest but best we have I guess.
I am so tired of the heat and humidity of the summers in the southeastern USA.
NBDag

Same old shit. Not a chance we get something from this now. Are we still kidding anyone about the playoffs?
Blackie645

We beat Weymouth after being 1-0 down, some think we r in the play offs, delusional
SUSSEX DAGGER

Another season of hope fading away, mind you it did last a bit longer this season.

16th time we have given the first goal away , a very very poor stat in itself

Defence simply not good enough .

Can't blame the owners if they say we have put enough in and next season mid table is the best we can hope for.
Chalky69

A very different Daggers to the one we saw for the last half of last season. Where has the press gone. It was noticeable how both Stockport and Halifax pressed us even up to the edge of our own penalty area but we just sat back and waited for them to pass the ball around. Occasional flashes of good play from various individuals but generally a substandard performance. Unless Daryl can get the troops more motivated we might even finish below Southend which would be bitter pill to swallow.
ARNU

And that's this season over unless we can win that cup. Owners if they want to get out of this league need to throw money at it and buy us a defence and a midfeld and another manager.
We just aren't good enough, we should finish about 10th and that would be about fair.
Bollix to Shampoo, it's real poo we want !
BB-Dagger

Lots having a dig at the players today but they are playing the tactics of a manager who is basically out of his depth, tactically inept and totally unable to inspire any confidence in his application of picking the right team for what is needed to win games because he hasn’t got the ability, second half today we saw a change of tactics that saw a bit more desire and effort but it was too little too late, once again the referee was amazingly unable to see McCallum having his shirt pulled off at every corner, a total wank3r.

But regardless of the length left on Daryl McMahon’s contract he MUST be replaced before next season if the owners want a return to league football,
Pablo

Picked the wrong team to start with. There is no way Sagaf should be left out ever and Saunders is omitted who to all intents and purposes won us the game on Tuesday. For some odd reason Morais was playing in the midfield and surely Akinbyi who has 3 goals in three completed games could have been given the last ten minutes to give them something different to think about.

On a different and controversial note really don't understand anymore why football clubs go in for this virtue signalling lip service . I acutely aware of divisions and disadvantages in society but I go to a football match for a bit of release and entertainment. I don't have to dwell on holocaust memorial day or racial discrimination when I go to art galleries, the cinema, the zoo or other places of leisure so why at football and at exponentially increasing rate it seems. At any rate judging by the appalling language and behaviour of some parents in the Carling Stand today - some of which was borderline homophobic and willfully aggressive it doesn't seem to me that anybody is actually doing anything to address it or that it is working.
DaggerJoel11

Got exactly what we deserved for giving ourselves yet another mountain to climb through that horrendous first half.

The formation was fine when we had nothing to lose while 1-0 down at Weymouth but I was amazed we deployed it from the outset against a much better side. An extra midfielder, preferably Sagaf whose absence is bizarre, would have made so much more difference than the extra forward did.

Robinson was a shining light amongst darkness. Defence was all over the place. Ling produced his worst half of football in a Dagenham shirt. Rance just didn't being anything to the party. Too many substandard performances on a day of very few positives.

At least we have a week on the training ground to rectify our mistakes though - no reason to foresee exactly the same thing happening next week, as has been the trend for most of the season.
''Dagenham & Redbridge look a very different side to about ten or fifteen minutes ago when they were on the back foot, and here's Benson...BRILLIANT!''
Diggerthedog

The trophy might save Mcmahon but I looked at the teams still left in it, no chance there either. Another dud season but at least the manager has a nice new contract and I’ll look forward to the summer when Southend steal all of our contract players who are decent and we’ve failed to secure, but at least the MD knows what he’s doing. Why are we so utterly clueless as a club year after year, budget is bigger than Halifax much bigger and they played us off the park.
Blackie645

Ask Tommo he is suppose to have all the answers he and the owners gave him a new contract.
The fans view ard not important until we have to and myself have to renew our season tickets
EssexDagger!

It’s also very strange with how quite the owners have been these past few months! Were always posting and interacting with fans on Twitter.
The silence has been deafening of late and not heard any plans for when they are due over to watch their team again.
Mark

Disappointing again today. Stockport have become a good side, but Halifax are nothing more than organised, hard working and physically capable. They didn't really have to do a lot to beat us today. Carved out 3 or 4 good chances, got a couple, then just sat back and soaked it up with relative ease. Their gk only made one save that I remember, from Morias first half.

I don't really think McMahon knows what his best team or system is. We've tried many variations of three at the back, be it 343, 352 or 3412. Some things that have been a theme of late though are a lack of team press, slow build up from the back, no real movement in midfield, and a lack of bodies in the middle of the pitch. And of course, the usual dreadful goals conceded.